Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist

This is a discussion on Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Teens Wield Fake Gun Along BeachLine - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando Bad way to "fool" around...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist

Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist

2. Remove Ads

A teen got shot and killed by a package store clerk here in CT once... pulled out a toy painted to look real and the clerk shot him with a shot gun
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Ten years ago, I watched a small group of "teens" walking along the street, with one of them doing the same thing, pointing a gun at passing cars. Might well have been a toy. The police were called but, to my knowledge, never came around. Try that today, and you'll get the standard MWAG cuff-and-stuff, or shot by someone saying "no" to the deadly assault. Rightly so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well, when the fool kid gets his head blown off, he'll get no sympathy from me. He is also commiting assault, whether he realizes it or not.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Back in 2003, less than a mile from the Columbine incident and only a few years removed from it, I came up on a stop light and looked over to my right and noticed a guy in the back seat of a car holding a gun to the head of the driver with his other hand/arm wrapped around the drivers neck. When the light changed green I let them pull ahead first and got the license and called the cops. They took all my information and met me in a nearby parking lot to get more information. Later that night I was called back by the Sheriff's dept to let me know that it was just a couple kids fooling around and that they had gone to the home of licensed vehicle and found the kids and had a chat with their parents (real gun in this case). Seemed like something more in the way of a punishment was called for and not just a
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

If it looks real Im not waiting till either I have a plastic BB bounce off my chest or have a hole in my body that I wasnt born with to know if its real or not. Too many kids doing this have been shot and killed or just shot for stupid things like this.
    Welcome to gun safety 101, first lesson dont be a stupid Bast**d and you might live longer. Just ask this guy - NYPD cops shoot, kill man pointing toy gun after he refuses orders to drop it
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

If somebody takes the threat as real is doesn't matter if the gun is a toy you will get the same charge as if the gun was real,just like a bank robbery where a toy gun is used,It's still armed robbery
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Idiots.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

What the **** is wrong with kids these days. If a gun is pointed at me, I am assuming the threat is real and will react accordingly. Why would someone think pointing a gun, toy or not at someone is a joke? I am at a loss for words.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Darwin candidates.

Nice way to get shot
    Craig S. Flaherty
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

A year or two ago an off duty Buffalo officer stopped into A gas station on his way home from work and a 15 year old kid tried to rob him with a BB gun. 8-10 shots later the kid was dead and the officer was put on leave.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    A year or two ago an off duty Buffalo officer stopped into A gas station on his way home from work and a 15 year old kid tried to rob him with a BB gun. 8-10 shots later the kid was dead and the officer was put on leave.
    I read something like this and I have to wonder; what do you suppose the last though through the kid's mind was?

In the unlikely event that I pulled a toy gun on someone I would hope I had the sense to drop it if they reached for a real one

I'll bet that they are really good boys who are in the process of getting their lives turned around...

Sounds like a GREAT prank if you want to get shot.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    A teen got shot and killed by a package store clerk here in CT once... pulled out a toy painted to look real and the clerk shot him with a shot gun
    Those red, blue and green plastic training guns are illegal in CA for that reason.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links