Input/Advice on a real life scenario.

This is a discussion on Input/Advice on a real life scenario. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No doubt, I would immediately render aid to the victim. Uncontrolled hemorrhage in the neck can be a very tricky to control the bleeding. Especially ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input/Advice on a real life scenario.

No doubt, I would immediately render aid to the victim.

Uncontrolled hemorrhage in the neck can be a very tricky to control the bleeding. Especially if the assailant left the knife stuck inside his neck. If any major vessels such as the internal or external jugular vein, common carotid artery, or either the subclavian artery or subclavian vein is damaged, the victim could bleed to death in less time than any EMS units could arrive.

EMS Truth #3: "All bleeding stops... eventually."
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. A lot of people where stating that things would have been different if someone with a CCW had been in the store during that time. As in the guy would have been killed, etc.

I had made a comment that if I had been present I would not have drawn my weapon and tried to shot the guy as my CFP is not a badge and I would have just been a good witness. I was called a liberal coward for making that remark.

Nice to know I'm not the only liberal coward walking around that carries a firearm.
    A liberal coward huh? You cant shoot the dude before he commits the crime because you dont know he is going to do it. You might be able to shoot the dude during the commission of the crime, but probably not as it happened so fast. You cant shoot the dude after the crime because he is now fleeing the scene and does not pose a threat to you. So you have a matter of seconds to draw and shoot a threat that isnt even threatening you and you may not be aware of. I could see a real good lawyer hemming you up for shooting the dude and he wasnt a threat to you. Until the laws are loosened and we dont need to be in fear of defending others, there is no good shot and anyone saying you are a "liberal coward" must be real smug sitting behind his computer and playing COD on the Playstation.

Calling 911 immediately is a must, assisting the stabbing victim and 'watching the door' for a return of the mental deranged dirtbag would also be on my mind.
    There is no way that something like that could be prevented, much like the four cops shot in WA a while back...it happens before the 'brain synapses' begin firing.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links