Input/Advice on a real life scenario.

This is a discussion on Input/Advice on a real life scenario. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are sitting in a small downtown coffee shop when a man walks in and stabs a worker in the neck one time with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Input/Advice on a real life scenario.

Question Input/Advice on a real life scenario.

You are sitting in a small downtown coffee shop when a man walks in and stabs a worker in the neck one time with a steak knife and then runs out of the store. "How do you react?"

Above is what happened and I'm sure it took place in a matter of seconds. I doubt one could have perceived this sort of attack coming and just so you folks know the man was found incompetent to stand trial. Turns out he has the mental capacity of a seven year old and also suffers from hallucinations.

2. Remove Ads

I'd probably immediately occupy myself trying to help the person who'd been stabbed and be yelling at people to call 911 and see where the guy went.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'd want to try and stop the bleeding of the persons neck if no one else around is an EMT or better qualified (i'd probably run to the person while asking if anyone can help). if somebody else gets there first i'd try and be a good witness to provide details to the police. I am not going to chase down a weapon wielding person AFTER a crime is already done. i'm not a cop.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Short answer, RENDER AID TO VICTIM
    Long answer:
    I would render aid and either call or have someone call 911 and hope that someone got a good look at the attacker or that a security cam got a good view of said attacker. Pursuing the attacker would be a few things - STUPID, DANGEROUS, and a NIGHTMARE in court depending on what goes down if you chase the attacker (think a GREAT thing and you are the "heroic man/woman" who stopped a crazy ******* from killing another person or you get serious jail time because you chased them down and wound up having to shoot the person because now they tried to kill you which would have NEVER happened if you didnt take chase! ). Be smart and be a good Samaritan by helping the victim and IDing the attacker, not being Martin Riggs from the Lethal Weapon series.

Just my 2 cents here -
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Help the victim and call 911..Thats about all you can do.

Activate 911, secure the location, render aid. When LE/EMS arrive, get out of the way, give description of perp and direction of flight ASAPractical.

I would render aid to the victim, if no one else did. I would rather someone else did the aid, then I would watch for the return of the perp. "Dings", which this type of act suggests as a possiblity, are so unpredictable that I would not at all be surprised by the return of the perp to renew the attack.

Immediately chase down perp, send a slug to right calf then cuff'em, then wait til the REAL COPS show up!! << J/K...Nothing you can do but give orders to have someone call 911 then immediately try to limit bleeding. Then hope you didnt get any DNA on your nice polo. :)

Senior Moderator
    Same as everyone else help the victim
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm new,

"Dings" .[/QUOTE]

???

Thanks for the responses. A lot of people where stating that things would have been different if someone with a CCW had been in the store during that time. As in the guy would have been killed, etc.

I had made a comment that if I had been present I would not have drawn my weapon and tried to shot the guy as my CFP is not a badge and I would have just been a good witness. I was called a liberal coward for making that remark.

Nice to know I'm not the only liberal coward walking around that carries a firearm.

VIP Member
    Render aid to victim, while yelling for someone to call 911. Nothing else to do. It would be terribly irresponsible of someone CCing/OCing to try to shoot the sespect.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    Sorry, I'm new,

"Dings" .
    ???[/QUOTE]

Less than PC police jargan for an insane/not mentally competent person. A frequently used term for the module/cell block (Ding Tank)holding mentally unbalanced persons. Story has it that back years ago mentally unbalanced inmates had little bells fixed around their necks to provide their location.

Thanks for clearing that up. (still trying to figure out how to properly quote posts)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger
    Sorry, I'm new,

"Dings" .

???
    Less than PC police jargan for an insane/not mentally competent person. A frequently used term for the module/cell block (Ding Tank)holding mentally unbalanced persons. Story has it that back years ago mentally unbalanced inmates had little bells fixed around their necks to provide their location. [/QUOTE]
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Less than PC police jargan for an insane/not mentally competent person. A frequently used term for the module/cell block (Ding Tank)holding mentally unbalanced persons. Story has it that back years ago mentally unbalanced inmates had little bells fixed around their necks to provide their location.
    think i got it, sorry, ill stop experimenting now
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links