Good way to get killed! - Page 3

Good way to get killed!

This is a discussion on Good way to get killed! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by subcool20 One thing nobody has pointed out is the fact there is no audio. I'm pretty sure the reason why the bystanders ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by subcool20 View Post
    One thing nobody has pointed out is the fact there is no audio. I'm pretty sure the reason why the bystanders just keep walking by is I bet the conversation sounded something like "No Mommy or Daddy don't make me move away from my friends" or something similar. I'm sure there was no reason to doubt these people were her parents just by the words exchanged during the struggle. Just a guess on my part.
    I don't know. I think at this point the girl was probably screaming incoherently. I think most ordinary people are not going to be willing to get involved. It's sad, but that's what the world has come to.

I'm pretty sure she'd have to be legally emancipated to stay against her parents' will. Those not doing anything could have seen her acting up in the store and knew she was just upset with her parents. Yup, say something and call the cops.

EagleKS, yup that woman is damn lucky you showed restraint. Glad it worked out for you. She probably still didn't get the message since she didn't have to talk to the cops about what she did.

My response to this PERSONALLY would have been:

911, plate number, vehicle description and alleged kidnapper descriptions (I might and I reiterate MIGHT have intervened verbally but would NOT have drawn) However I would have probably followed the van and gave the 911 dispatcher all the info and what I was doing. HOWEVER, the only time I would feel the need to draw would be if a weapon was produced. I have friends with kids, and I have SEEN what can happen when kids dont want to listen or leave.You would SWEAR they getting beaten to death or being kidnapped by the way they scream rant and rave. The worst thing that Ive heard caused me to run outside and next door was from my one time neighbors daughter was NO NO NO I DONT WANNA GO WITH YOU LET ME GO HELP ! When I got over there, they were trying to get her to a doctors appointment, I knew the people and this kid was 15 years old and had severe Bi-Polar and Schizophrenia so this was a normal occurrence. MORAL of this story, is things are NOT always as they seem.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Something that was drummed into my head in training is when "off-duty"(and that definition could be its own thread!)be a good witness and let the guys working do the job. I would have followed at a safe distance while calling in the cavalry!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links