You witness three teens leave a restaurant without paying... - Page 5

You witness three teens leave a restaurant without paying...

This is a discussion on You witness three teens leave a restaurant without paying... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nightsonge Seriously, be a good witness and "Accidently" stab your buddy in the hand with a fork, that'll kick his brain out ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You witness three teens leave a restaurant without paying...

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    Seriously, be a good witness and "Accidently" stab your buddy in the hand with a fork, that'll kick his brain out of the stupidity rut it's currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    As far a not aiding a friend, whom you believe might be in danger, well, Mr. MitchellCT, you must be one heck of a friend!
    if the friend is foolish enough to persue a situation like this he should be on his own...same with the "friend" who pick fights for no reason and expect you to back em up....

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    As far a not aiding a friend, whom you believe might be in danger, well, Mr. MitchellCT, you must be one heck of a friend!
    So you'd allow a friend of yours to drag you into confronting people over a dine and dash while you are armed?

OK...Wow.

I really can't say anything other than friends don't put friends into positions where they are at risk of confrontation that isn't necessary.

Perhaps if someone is so willing to risk you life, they are not your friend.

Talking Funny

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "What do you do?"

I hurry up and toss down my fork....then I jump up and run past the Waffle House manager...run out the door of the Waffle House....while yelling back to the manager that I'm going to follow those doggone teens....and then I just leave without payng for my meal.

OK OK Just Kidding Just Kidding. <~~Ouch!...I deserved that.
    Funny.
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I would notify staff and maybe see if I can get a license plate number. Other than that, not my job. No one's life is in jeopardy so I wouldn't consider confronting them.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Flash your CCW badge and yell "Citizens Arrest" with your best Gomer Pyle accent!!
    It sounds to me like the guy on the hood of the car has a yellow "S" on his chest, yet even that didn't stop these guys.

It almost sounds to far fetched to believe, he hangs on to a coffee soaked hood, and manages to dial 911!

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I'd kick my buddy in the shin and tell to plant his but. If you are not a LEO. it's not your job to save the world.
    +1
    That was my first thought reading the original post. The friend is an idiot! By going after these guys he got his friend tossed onto the hood of a car.

ink
    this is one of the dumbest, and therefore easiest to determine course of actions for, "carry/defensive scenario" thats ever been posted here i think.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Dinner at Waffle House...I don't think so!!!
    Proud NRA member

Well, I've been hit by a car.. and slung up onto the hood. Now, I'm hanging on for dear life with one hand on a coffee (and urine) soaked hood... I'm getting my celphone out of my pocket with the weak hand... I now pull myself toward the windshield close enough to use my teeth to hang on to the lip of the hood, get my stong hand down to my DON HUME sob holster, which has my Mahhhhhvelous, customized KAHR 9MM with deadly DRT shells alternating with CORBON Safties all of which are followed by the one in the pipe.. .a HAND LOADED +P+ Teflon coated steel armor piercing bullet which is the only shell I know of that can reliably pierce thru a safety glass windshield... I am screaming in the phone to 911, (which is speed dial 1 on my phone that I dialed with my nose) "OOOO SENNNN CO_SSS I_ O_ HOOOO_ CAAAR ...." and other things which only highly trained 911 dispatchers can understand... Like "I HAAAAA_ 'EM AAAA _UN_OINNNN_, AANNN I GOOOO_AAAA _HOOO!"

Then I take my trusty heater and blow out the windshield... and put the muzzle right between the eyes of the driver!

Yeah! That's the ticket... THAT'S WHAT I'D DO!

You keep your big nose out of it, thatís what you do. Tell the management, be a good witness if they need one but stay out of it. Why would you intervene unless you have a personal stake in that Waffle House? Carrying a gun does not make you a Junior G-Man.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    You and a friend are having dinner at a Waffle House at around 5:00 and witness three teens leaving the restaurant without paying for their meal.

Your friend urges you to go with him into the parking lot to confront the teens and attempt to stop them from leaving.

What do you do?
    Is this a serious question?

I would not do a damn thing except continue to eat my scattered, smothered, covered and diced hashbrowns! What sort of friend would urge you to do something that stupid?
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Kick friend under the table, give him "the look" and be a good inconspicuous witness, that is all.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

From the perspective of the teens, I probably would have taken off also. The craziest person in this scenario is the guy on the hood. The "teens" are probably thinking: "Whats wrong with this guy, we just stole a few waffles and he's going all psycho on us?" The guy wasn't even in the restaurant at the time. His only "evidence" is what the waitress said, and even if he had any real evidence he was way over the line. Hardly looked like a hero. If he was stopping an armed robbery, now thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Dinner at Waffle House...I don't think so!!!

I would never eat at a Waffle House again. Once was more than enough for me.

But, I am not a cop. So, this is not my problem. It is not worth getting killed.

LOL.....

it's a misdeamnor charge ...... a low level misdeamnor charge.

Let the business handle it's business.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links