Rowdy teens - Page 2

Rowdy teens

This is a discussion on Rowdy teens within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 9MMare My hope would be that it would encourage them to disperse before any injuries or damage. in a case wher eit ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rowdy teens

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    My hope would be that it would encourage them to disperse before any injuries or damage.
    in a case wher eit looked like it was inevitable you would be right...what some of us prefer is to keep it where it is as long as possible so the police have everyone in the same place to sort it out instead of finding one of the parties down the road to tell "their side" of the story....

There's also the thinking that the punks might not appreciate the call and take it up w/you. I'm thinking the only thing you want to take home is dinner, not trouble.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    There's also the thinking that the punks might not appreciate the call and take it up w/you. I'm thinking the only thing you want to take home is dinner, not trouble.
    I see Blade's point as well...but nobody says they have to know I'm calling until I am safe in my vehicle and heading South....ah aint crazeh.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Call the police. Observe from a safe distance. Be a good witness. You do not know when through no fault of your own you may need someone to make a phone call for you or one of your loved ones.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I would call the police as I'm driving home to my family.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Yeah at most i would have watched from a distance to make sure no one was going to get killed. Would have called 911 if it got out of hand

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Had a similar situation too last Sunday afternoon when I drove home from VA Beach to Richmond. I just simply past an SUV full of some preppy looking white teens (again, just describing what they look like, not attacking a class or race of people). They were going too slow so I just simply changed lane and drove past them. And I was not doing it aggressively or following too close. Suddenly as me and the others went inside the Hampton Tunnel, the SUV changed lanes and overtook me (illegal move in the tunnel). Then they drove a normal speed limit as I just drove behind them, not following too closely. Then someone threw a confetti of paper out the window a dozen times until I drove past them before they took the exit to Jefferson Ave. in Newport News. I guess they were just having fun. But I did had my right hand on my .45 in my car seat holster, as I passed by the SUV again (gave them a nod but at the same time saw what was in the SUV), in case they wanna try to take a shot at me (some armed drivers in the highways too). You never take any vehicle that seems suspicious very lightly these days.

You are not a cop but you could have pulled over so they would know that they have a witness watching. You could call 911 with the description of the truck and the people in it. A tag number would also a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    No real good could come of this one. Call 911 and advise them there seems to be a problem at .............!
    As Hiram and Tom stated before my reply to this thread, best to stay out of it.
    Just observe and report
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    First, spell check is our friend.

Second, MYOB
    You noticed that too!
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

911:Not Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    You are not a cop but you could have pulled over so they would know that they have a witness watching. You could call 911 with the description of the truck and the people in it. A tag number would also a plus
    I would never pull over on a highway with those guys. That's a risky move that can escalate into something more dangerous. What makes you think I am trying to be a cop? I have a gun permit and the gun that I had my hand on was also concealed from their view and it remained holstered. I still took the truck's description and license plate number on my sticky just in case they do something more harmful than just throwing a confetti of paper out their side window. After all, they never followed me again once I went past them the 2nd time so calling 911 was not necessary.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    You aren't a LEO, stay out of it. Call the cops, watch, report, stay completely separated form the situation until the police ask.

And don't expect to come out on top against up to 4 BG with a 5 round wheel gun. Your weapon is for defense of life and limb only! And from the sounds of it, Lone Ranger had his chance to walk away, He'll take his lumps and be the wiser for it.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    You did the right thing. You were there, so the choice was yours to make my friend.

Where have our manners gone, it's a shame they are dying out.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Must be high school graduation time in New Mexico? The more rural the community, the greater the likelihood of "shots fired" being reported? It happened in Capitan when I graduated too many years ago.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Good call. You had too little information to act upon. Maybe a call to the cops,but otherwise a wise decision IMHO.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links