Rowdy teens

This is a discussion on Rowdy teens within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was driving home with dinner when an older model Dodge Ram hops a curb and almost broadsides me.....I swerved to miss them and luckily ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rowdy teens

Rowdy teens

I was driving home with dinner when an older model Dodge Ram hops a curb and almost broadsides me.....I swerved to miss them and luckily no one was in the other lane

......I kept on driving glad to not have gotten hit.....but I hear them gaining on me in the other lane....I slow down and their rowdy crew pass.....there where two in the cab and one in the bed giving his best rebel yell.

Anyhows some guy is chasing them in a sadan and chases them to a corner store where the guy in the back yells for the driver to stop so he can deal with the pursuer (I'm now at a red light watching this go down).
    The guy in the bed jumps out and starts yelling at the pursuer to get out so he could kick his but and that he should be minding his own business.

So I'm thinking this guy needs some help because these kids are way out of line......I'm armed with a 5 shot 38 special.

I decided the persuer got himeslf into the situation and he could get himself out of it and when the light turns I drive on.

I could have helped.

I could have put my emergency flashers on and walked on over there.

I saw no weapons so there was no warrant for me to draw mine.

If I had walked over there I would have been involved in a fight with kids that where looking for trouble..........I fugure fighting is for kids.

Maybe next time.

2. Remove Ads

Good call on staying out of it....I might have called the cops, depending on the situation....
    Agreed, the guy got himself into it...Not my responsibility to throw down on his behalf against a bunch of kids....
    If the kids had attacked some random person, who had not been chasing them, I would most likely intervene

No real good could come of this one. Call 911 and advise them there seems to be a problem at .............!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would have called the Cops,woulda sucked if you just drove off and found out later a family member was killed by three drunk kids in a pickup
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by crankinNM View Post
    I was driving home with dinner when an older model Dodge Ram hops a curb and almost broadsides me.....I swerved to miss them and luckily no one was in the other lane

......I kept on driving glad to not have gotten hit.....but I hear them gaining on me in the other lane....I slow down and their rowdy crew pass.....there where two in the cab and one in the bed giving his best rebel yell.

Anyhows some guy is chasing them in a sadan and chases them to a corner store where the guy in the back yells for the driver to stop so he can deal with the pursuer (I'm now at a red light watching this go down).
    The guy in the bed jumps out and starts yelling at the pursuer to get out so he could kick his but and that he should be minding his own business.

So I'm thinking this guy needs some help because these kids are way out of line......I'm armed with a 5 shot 38 special.

I decided the persuer got himeslf into the situation and he could get himself out of it and when the light turns I drive on.

I could have helped.

I could have put my emergency flashers on and walked on over there.

I saw no weapons so there was no warrant for me to draw mine.

If I had walked over there I would have been involved in a fight with kids that where looking for trouble..........I fugure fighting is for kids.

Maybe next time.
    Nope...911 is the correct course of action. You are inserting yourself into a situation you know nothing about....nor do you know if there are other weapons present. You are outnumbered and have a means of escape. Use it. You have a firearm to protect yourself...not others...you are not a LEO (regardless if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

First, spell check is our friend.

Second, MYOB

For many, trouble will eventually find you, there is little need to seek it out.

I think that calling 911, and letting them know you have done so, is the best course of action.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I think that calling 911, and letting them know you have done so, is the best course of action.
    Naw, I'm all for suprises.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Reminds me of a T-shirt a cop friend wears...

"It's fun and games until the cops show up."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    911 and observe..if it becomes a situation inform from a safe distance that cops are on their way...if it doesnt the cops will sort it out when they arrive...if you inform immediately they are liable to take it somewhere else...keep it where you can observe and let the cops take care of it...

you dont have any business in that situation and you are taking sides with a fool who is chasing down 3 guys in a truck...hes not playing it very smart and you are considering jumping into that...think about it...

What were you thinking? You were already on a mission, you had dinner in the front seat and a hungry family to feed.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

911 and report and if you so choose to, observe til LE gets there.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Call the cops and let them do their job. If you can see plate numers, other useful details, etc from where you are, without involving yourself, by all means pass that on to the cops.
    Situation might be different if it was some old woman, or someone clearly not responsible for the agression and unable to do anything to help themselves. But even then, intervention should be an absolute last resort.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    My hope would be that it would encourage them to disperse before any injuries or damage.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links