restraining an intruder in your home

This is a discussion on restraining an intruder in your home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No...that's not a combination. That's a whole 3rd category of people. If you've got the training & experience to back up your choice, and the ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: restraining an intruder in your home

No...that's not a combination.

That's a whole 3rd category of people.

If you've got the training & experience to back up your choice, and the skill to accomplish it, and truly recognize the dangers involved...then you are probably dam good at what you are do.

2. Remove Ads

I stand corrected, Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post
    ANSWERED in post #76

(3.....
    This is post 76:

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Should you not favor a lethal solution to the problem there is always stun guns. Don't know the qualilty, but I have seen them for as little as $35.
    So you would use a taser?

OK.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I would hold the BG at gunpoint (at a distance, mind you), and if they want to run, they'll get to try to outpace a Doberman, a GSD and a Border Collie simultaneously. Sounds like fun to me. Right.

I'd never get close to a BG on purpose.

This thread was extremely interesting! This is actually the first time I actually took the time to read all six pages. Anyway, as for my personal experience, its a little... unique. I have two homes. I spend every other week with my girlfriend at her home and the opposite week at my original home, which my parents still live. If someone breaks into my girlfriend's home, being we are both deaf, either the BG or I will die. I will never hear the BG break in. If I wake up in the middle of the night and come face to face with someone, I'll take a minute to see if I recognize him. If I don't, I'm going get my gun and will shoot, if I'm not shot already. If I do recognize him or if its the police (as has happened before), I'll just go change my shorts. Now, if this happens at MY home with my parents, then I'll just never bother waking up. My dad and our dogs will take care of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    You obviously did not read my post. Where in it did I leave any ambiguity as to my mindset in this situation.
    Actually I did read your entire post
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    In Florida I dang sure can and probably would!
    If I thought he posed any threat
    whatsoever, NO MERCY!
    Emphasis added by me to show how your post indicates that his illegal presence in your home alone is not sufficient threat to shoot him on sight. That you seemed to need some further provocation. Your clarification baring the the sky is falling exception, now seems to show we are basically in agreement so really a mute point.

For those that think that restraining a hostile invader in your home is an option should read "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob. In it he outlines how giving a warning or ordering the BG to drop their weapon can cost you your life. Shooting them on sight in the back if need be is the most tactically sound procedure. So the OP's scenario of disarming and apprehending a dangerous criminal violating the sanctity of my home is also a mute point.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    For those that think that restraining a hostile invader in your home is an option should read "In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayob. In it he outlines how giving a warning or ordering the BG to drop their weapon can cost you your life. Shooting them on sight in the back if need be is the most tactically sound procedure.
    I noted in post #2, that the idea of restraining/cuffing is not something that most people should attempt. That and the overall tactical handling of the situation should not only be based on written material, but the training and experience of the individual involved. For many the above tactic would probably be the safest alternative.

Senior Moderator
    These types of inflammatory exchanges may be acceptable for other forums but this is not one of them.

Closed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links