Carseat Baby - Page 2

Carseat Baby

This is a discussion on Carseat Baby within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by varob In most states nowadays, its illegal to leave a baby in a vehicle unattended. So, even if the baby is just ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carseat Baby

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    In most states nowadays, its illegal to leave a baby in a vehicle unattended. So, even if the baby is just napping, mom or dad already are in trouble. I'd call 911, report the incident and wait for directions. Being prepared to enter the car and retrieve the baby if directed.
    I'll play varob for $400...good advice!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I cannot imagine leaving a baby unattended inside a car and out of the mothers sight for any reason. I would call 911 and then break the window if I thought the baby was in distress. I wonder how many babies are stolen due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Sorry but I'm gonna buck the trend here. Baby in car unattended and not moving, if the temp is anything above 50 to 60 the window is coming out (not any that are close to the child) at the same time 911 is being called. Below 50 degrees and 911 is called and tag number passed on while waiting nearby.
    Sounds about right to me.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Well, I'm calling 911 no matter what, this is child endangerment no matter how you write it up (anything could happen). I'm going to check the car door and if unlocked while I've got the 911 dispatcher on the line so I'm being tape recorded for every move I make while doing this and if they tell me different depending on the circumstances, then I will follow their instructions until they arrive (ie, temperature being the big one her).
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Administrator
    I'd break the window without skipping a beat. I'd probably check the doors first and make sure windows are not down on the other side... but I would not hesitate to bust windows.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just a new question for you to consider... Would you immediately start trying to revive the child next to or in the car, or would you run it inside the store into the air conditioning and then start?

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    911 and break a window... that kid dosen't stand a chance in the car. And, if Dad comes out with a gun ready to take my head, I am in the process of preventing serious bodily harm to a minor and am well within my right to defend myself
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Senior Moderator
    911 and break a window... that kid dosen't stand a chance in the car. And, if Dad comes out with a gun ready to take my head, I am in the process of preventing serious bodily harm to a minor and am well within my right to defend myself

Good luck with that one.

Killing the father of a baby that was left in the car and claiming self defense would make national news.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Call 911, try and wake the child outside the car, if the child does not wake up, can't be sure what I would do next.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opalelement View Post
    Just a new question for you to consider... Would you immediately start trying to revive the child next to or in the car, or would you run it inside the store into the air conditioning and then start?
    good question...one needs to be cautious introducing temperature extremes to someone suffering from exposure...it can lead to shock and cause more problems....

i would like to hear from emts on this one...i know there have been multiple cases of freezing victims taken to warm areas and dying (the reason they advise you should press your body against a freezing victim to warm them slowly) and am wondering if taking a heat stroke victim into a cool place could cause similar problems...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    good question...one needs to be cautious introducing temperature extremes to someone suffering from exposure...it can lead to shock and cause more problems....

i would like to hear from emts on this one...i know there have been multiple cases of freezing victims taken to warm areas and dying (the reason they advise you should press your body against a freezing victim to warm them slowly) and am wondering if taking a heat stroke victim into a cool place could cause similar problems...
    First, I'm not an EMT. However, when I was working in the Army's Training and Doctrine Command, the policy for dealing with a Soldier going into heat stroke was to strip them to their drawers and apply "ice sheets" to them. (literally bed sheets kept in a cooler full of ice water). Iíve heard mixed reviews of it in practice. I never had a Soldier get to that point, so can't speak from experience.

As far as the rest of the scenario. I'm going to break the window. While doing that I'd start shouting that the kid is in there, so hopefully someone else starts calling 911, and no one thinks I'm just breaking into the car. The parents are free to sue me for the damage after they finish fighting the neglect and child endangerment charges (and hopefully not negligent homicide.)
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Easy answer on this one. Already had to decide. I was at the grocery store one afternoon, baby in car seat, sleeping, very hot. I took one look and knew that with the heat this child would die. Ran in the grocery store and made announcement on the speaker, no response, went back outside and busted the heck out of the window, called 911 and before the parent could return I had the police as well as the rescue squad there. Turns out the parent was in the dollar store next to the supermarket. She was arrested, baby removed from her care for a few days while it was sorted out. Her husband got custody of the baby. I found out through the news paper that her sister said it wasn't the first time she had done that. Child abuse is wrong but letting a baby die in a car is a very very horrible death. That baby's temperature was extremely high and emt told me the baby would have been dead in a few minutes. This happened many years ago but I would do it again with not one bit of hesitance.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    Easy answer on this one. Already had to decide. I was at the grocery store one afternoon, baby in car seat, sleeping, very hot. I took one look and knew that with the heat this child would die. Ran in the grocery store and made announcement on the speaker, no response, went back outside and busted the heck out of the window, called 911 and before the parent could return I had the police as well as the rescue squad there. Turns out the parent was in the dollar store next to the supermarket. She was arrested, baby removed from her care for a few days while it was sorted out. Her husband got custody of the baby. I found out through the news paper that her sister said it wasn't the first time she had done that. Child abuse is wrong but letting a baby die in a car is a very very horrible death. That baby's temperature was extremely high and emt told me the baby would have been dead in a few minutes. This happened many years ago but I would do it again with not one bit of hesitance.
    geat story...was the child unresponsive already or did you not try to wake it up?...i'm just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post

I am not an EMT but I was one 20 years ago. As I remember, it you are faced with a heat stroke victim. YOU cool them just as fast as you possibly can. Pee on em and fan em. Anything, water hose....fountain drink, anything.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links