Carseat Baby

Carseat Baby

This is a discussion on Carseat Baby within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may be in the wrong forum, my apologies if it is. Say for example you are in the parking lot of WW. You walk ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carseat Baby

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Carseat Baby

This may be in the wrong forum, my apologies if it is.

Say for example you are in the parking lot of WW. You walk by a car and notice the window is cracked open and there is a baby in the back seat not moving, do you break the window and get the baby out while screaming call 911, or do you call 911 yourself, What would you do in this situation. Mother and father are nowhere insight.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Call 911, give vehicle info and situation, await instructions. If the parents come out before the first responders arrive, say nothing, do nothing. 911 has their info. If anything call 911 back if you are still not on the line with them and let them know where they are going.

I'd do the same for a pet locked in a car on a sunny day above 50*
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Call 911, give vehicle info and situation, await instructions. If the parents come out before the first responders arrive, say nothing, do nothing. 911 has their info. If anything call 911 back if you are still not on the line with them and let them know where they are going.

I'd do the same for a pet locked in a car on a sunny day above 50*
    Sticks said it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    you better hope the kid isnt sleeping if you decide to break windows...911 and await instructions is best advice...mom and dad are gonna have some serious explaining to do regardless of whether the kid is hurt or not...

From what I learned in nursing school, children are very susceptible to changes in temperature. Even on a cool day, if it is sunny out a cars temp can go too high and kill a child ( or pet for that matter!). Cracking the windows does NOTHING.

Anyway, legally (again, learned in nursing school), it is considered a good Samaritan act to break the window down and remove the child. Obviously call 911 first and tell them there is an unconscious baby in the back seat of an un-occupied vehicle and that you are going to break a window to remove him and will be waiting for a cruiser and possible medical attn at the vehicle. Give location. the end.

I would break that window every time and call the po-pos every time. I see that as unfit parenting.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Sorry but I'm gonna buck the trend here. Baby in car unattended and not moving, if the temp is anything above 50 to 60 the window is coming out (not any that are close to the child) at the same time 911 is being called. Below 50 degrees and 911 is called and tag number passed on while waiting nearby.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    mk, say at this point you have broken the window and are waiting for law enforcement, performing CPR, running into the store, whatever you may be doing after retrieving the child, and Mom comes out of the store and freaks out because you are holding her child and her window is broken out, what do you do now?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    when it comes to kids, you would be surprised how many would be a willing witness and willing helper. Yelling "THERE'S A BABY IN THE CAR!!! HELP!! THERE'S A BABY IN THE CAR!!!" should get you the attention you will need. Who knows someone else might play hero instead.

Covering your butt is good but remember the poor child likely didn't have much say where he/she was left. I have mixed feelings when I hear news stories about babies being left in hell hot cars. Many people say losing the child was punishment enough... Is it?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'm calling 911 as I shake the car. If baby wakes, no problem--I'm standing by for the LEOs to take over. If I get no response and no help has arrived, I'm afraid the window will have to go. Any complaints from mom or bystanders, they can take it up with LEOs. Kids are too important to leave in car or worry about a broken window.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm breaking the window. I have two young kids and I couldn't live if something happened to either of them. NBC or ABC has that show that had this scenario, and a number of others that could have gotten people seriously hurt, like the guy shoving and yelling at his wife in a public park or restaurant. Someone could have done a number on that guy and one almost did before the producers jumped in. Good to learn what the average person would do, but not with the chance of the wrong guy (or right guy, depending on your thinking) being there.

Anyway, if you broke the window, there'd be no real legal recourse other than MAYBE having to pay for the window. If it was to save a child, I'd pay 100 times that amount without issue.

There was a Father that was supposed to drop his baby off at daycare. this was not his normal routine. He forgot and went straight to work. they found the baby dead in the car seat later that day. If only someone would have walked by and broke that window. When it comes to babies, seconds can mean the difference between life and death.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

The answers just keep getting better. I'd call 911, try to get a response from the baby, and then break the window if no response. Guilt of breaking a window on someone's dope ride would be a hell of a lot easier than that of letting a baby die a horrible death.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I would try the door. Who says the door is locked?

If it is though I would only break a window that was not next to the baby.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

In most states nowadays, its illegal to leave a baby in a vehicle unattended. So, even if the baby is just napping, mom or dad already are in trouble. I'd call 911, report the incident and wait for directions. Being prepared to enter the car and retrieve the baby if directed.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    mk, say at this point you have broken the window and are waiting for law enforcement, performing CPR, running into the store, whatever you may be doing after retrieving the child, and Mom comes out of the store and freaks out because you are holding her child and her window is broken out, what do you do now?
    or dad comes out and blows you away for kidnapping his child...i gotta tell you that without 911 on the line youre taking one heck of a risk breaking in unless you have confirmed there is a concern with the child...

rocking the car or tapping the window for reaction is a great idea in the meantime...but watch your six...a parent...good or bad...isnt gonna be real understanding...especially if theyre loose enough to leave a kid in the car alone in the first place...when they find someone screwing with them...and theres gonna be a lot of he said she said flying around when its over that might not go your way...

you are not the only armed citizen in your zip code....

I don't know about that one...
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links