Do you shoot him?

This is a discussion on Do you shoot him? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spec I hope the bolded part is true because my dogs don't bark after a certain time of night. when I come ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Do you shoot him?

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    I hope the bolded part is true because my dogs don't bark after a certain time of night. when I come home from a late night (2am) they don't bark. I would test this out if I were you more than once, if your not 110% sure. good luck stay safe.
    No worries...I live on a small farm, have renters in a separate residence (but their carport is close by) and my blue heeler let's nothing go unnoticed. And I wish he would get used to them.

My lab, OTOH, sleeps like a rock, altho he has a huge bark when he uses it.

But thanks
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    It seems that you are misunderstanding the purpose of a Castle Doctrine. They typically state that the act of breaking in is considered a threat to life. You can then use deadly force against it. It's a means of keeping a homeowner from having to defend their actions IN THERE OWN HOME. You know, the place the intruder has no business being. It typically is that cut and dry, and it's that way on purpose. To protect the homeowner from criminal and civil liabilities for defending their "castle". Wish a certain rep in NC would get off her case and hear ours in committee.

I understand CD quite well. It says that you CAN use deadly force to protect yourself in your home (& other). It doesnt say you MUST.

I'm not going to kill someone for being 'somewhere they have no business being.'

I can think of very very few reasons why a person would legitimately be in my home after dark without my invitation. And that is what I am prepared to deal with. However I am not identifying an intruder and then shooting them on autopilot. **Depending on the circumstances** I will not shoot someone visibly unarmed or running away just because the law allows it. I will remain aimed on target and remain prepared for actual, visible threat.

If it costs me my life, so be it.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links