Prank That Could Get Someone Killed

This is a discussion on Prank That Could Get Someone Killed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well at least it would be on film and probably justified. I saw another one where there were a couple of friends that picked up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prank That Could Get Someone Killed

Well at least it would be on film and probably justified. I saw another one where there were a couple of friends that picked up a stranded motorist at night and out in the middle of the desert and he attacked the driver with a (fake) knife but the guy in the back didn't think it was so funny. He ended up beating the crap out of the actor and the joke ended there.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

And vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My sons are both in their mid 30's, and they have both noted that coming into our home unannounced at night, or playing pranks on me would not be a wise thing to do...they know!
    I know not to sneak into my sons' houses in the middle of the night for the same reasons.

Kids watch that junk, and kids think like kids.

We have a responsibility to teach them properly (I respect the OP's immediate and genuine response). Be consistent in your love and desire to protect them, and they may joke with you about all sorts of things, but never your safety.

Once this is accomplished, whether they realize it or not, they know you will never make light of theirs.
    I like (zombi) turtles.

I'm widowed now so I live alone,but my sister-in-law only lives about 2 miles from me and once in awhile she has a key to my fron door and she will just unlock it and let herself in,but all she does is stick her head in and holler its me,Deb.She knoews me too well.If I answer her back then she comes on in,but is I don't she won't come in until She has my attention. sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I'm widowed now so I live alone,but my sister-in-law only lives about 2 miles from me and once in awhile she has a key to my fron door and she will just unlock it and let herself in,but all she does is stick her head in and holler its me,Deb.She knoews me too well.If I answer her back then she comes on in,but is I don't she won't come in until She has my attention. sj
    Good to have a plan with the ones you care most about.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Every time I watch this show I think to myself "one of these days they're going to prank someone who isn't going to crawl into a corner and start crying. One of these days someone is going to fight back."
    I used to work for a television production company that did "reality" shows like this. I can assure you, that will NEVER happen. Notice that you never hear about the "targets" of these pranks filing any kind of lawsuit for emotional distress or psychological trauma. That's because all the legal paperwork is filled out--well in advance--by ALL parties involved.

Some pranks are more choreographed than others, but none of them are a genuine surprise to the person being pranked.

The real danger here is what it's always been: Giving kids bad ideas. Kids can watch Superman and have no trouble grasping the concept of fantasy. They know they can't fly or stop bullets. But shows like this make the idea look attractive and feasible. So, once again, it falls to parents to watch movies and TV with their kids (although I recommend no TV at all) and talk about what they're watching.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    However, there was one prank that I turned to all of my kids and said with the most serious look on my face that they had ever seen and said, "Do NOT EVER do that in this house or ANY other house!"

By the look on all of their faces and their comments, I could see that they already knew better.

And if anyone out there have kids that like to play pranks on people, make sure you let them know about a guy named Darwin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickinmich View Post
    Kids watch that junk, and kids think like kids.

We have a responsibility to teach them properly (I respect the OP's immediate and genuine response). Be consistent in your love and desire to protect them, and they may joke with you about all sorts of things, but never your safety.

Once this is accomplished, whether they realize it or not, they know you will never make light of theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    So, once again, it falls to parents to watch movies and TV with their kids (although I recommend no TV at all) and talk about what they're watching.
    +3 on explaining the rules.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

In 1974 here, a man came into the back door of a house with a gun in his hand and told them to do what he told them. They thought it was a joke, laughed and told him to get serious (per his later testimony) .... as they and their friends often did practical jokes on each other. It wasn't. He had already cut the phone lines.

He killed all 4 family members there that morning by suffocating them (plastic bags tied around their heads) fortunately 2 or 3 of the kids had already left for school..... and unfortunately were the one's to find their family when they came home from school.

He was not caught for 25 yrs, and this was his first "known ' killing.... among his several killings after that. He became a serial killer. BTK.

My son and his friend decided to 'play a joke' on me one night.... acting as if they were trying to break in. As I went outside to check things .... one of them jumped up from behind a short brick wall right next to me and yell. He found a cocked .357 in his face and my finger on the trigger. After that, they "yelled" when they arrived at the house and let me know beforehand they were coming.... I had to laugh, but they wanted to make sure I knew it was them.

Eagleks, that's exactly what I'm talking about and can you imagine what a bad day that would be? Bet they think twice before they pull that one on anyone else. Glad it was a happy ending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links