Prank That Could Get Someone Killed

This is a discussion on Prank That Could Get Someone Killed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About a week ago, my kids had the TV on the MTV channel and I happened in, sat down and watched it for a bit. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prank That Could Get Someone Killed

About a week ago, my kids had the TV on the MTV channel and I happened in, sat down and watched it for a bit. There was a show, I believe it was named "Pranked" and for the most part, they were pretty funny. However, there was one prank that I turned to all of my kids and said with the most serious look on my face that they had ever seen and said, "Do NOT EVER do that in this house or ANY other house!"

On the show, a kid decided that it would be really funny to put on a ski mask and come crawling in the kitchen window at night time to scare his mom that was standing near. I warned the kids that if this were to happen at our house and I could not determine in an extremely short amount of time who it was, they WOULD be shot and killed. HD is a 12 ga. and I don't aim at the legs. By the look on all of their faces and their comments, I could see that they already knew better.

Just something to think about if you happened to be one of those who is quick on the trigger rather than actually waiting for the true situation to be known. And if anyone out there have kids that like to play pranks on people, make sure you let them know about a guy named Darwin.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

My sons are both in their mid 30's, and they have both noted that coming into our home unannounced at night, or playing pranks on me would not be a wise thing to do...they know!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's one kid that is just asking for his little arse to have good hands laid across his bottom more then once in a nighttime.
    Last edited by Guardian; June 12th, 2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: wordage
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

My kids are not that dumb!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My two step sons came to the house unannounced. It was raining like mad outside, and early in the AM, around 12 am. The youngest step son came running into the house, his older brother told him right before he hit the door, you better ring the bell. Well the youngest came through the front door and right up the stairs , and then about lost all bowel control as he realized that he was staring down the barrel of a gun. I thought that situation was pretty dumb, if he had had on a ski mask, I am afraid that I would have pulled the trigger. The wife was pretty upset about me about shooting her son, though I never about shot him, the finger was outside of the trigger guard. The oldest step son told her, just think , you are always safe, David was completely in the wrong, just getting wet.
    A hand gun is like a fire extinguisher , I wish to use neither, but have both on hand in case of need ; both are personal protection devices that serve the same purpose . ie safety of you and your family.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That program is too hokey and staged to be realistic, but the biggest danger is that it plants ideas in the heads of kids, who we all know think nothing's gonna happen to them!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I warned the kids that if this were to happen at our house and I could not determine in an extremely short amount of time who it was, they WOULD be shot and killed. HD is a 12 ga. and I don't aim at the legs. By the look on all of their faces and their comments, I could see that they already knew better.
    This sounds like my dad. He used to warn us about not coming in and trying to scare him at night. He not only told us but he used to warn our friends about this also.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    On the show, a kid decided that it would be really funny to put on a ski mask and come crawling in the kitchen window at night time to scare his mom that was standing near.
    Oh yeah, that's just nuts. A real good way to get killed nowadays.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

A few years ago I read about a teenage girl that was shot and killed by her dad when she jumped out of a closet as her dad was coming back into the house after dark.

Dying in his arms she told him she was sorry.

Precisely why MTV or other filth never finds it's way onto my television set....
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Ha. I saw that episode. I laughed all the way through the show, but my wife and I agreed that most of those "pranks" could have deadly consequences.

Being sans children at present, anyone coming in our home at any time w/o our invite is going to be pushing daisies.

My wife is a darn good shot and I make certain that she knows it's me coming through the door. We even have a challenge/response (and duress) if there is any question about who else might be home.

I remember my dad warning me about this when I went away for college. My folks didn't mind me coming home to visit, so long as they knew I was going to be there. I NEVER entered that house unannounced!

I've told my kids about this as well. They're both still in high school, and they know not to surprise me, or invite friends over that I don't know about ahead of time.
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    There was a show called Scare Tactics that made me think "Bad Idea" to pull on someone with a gun too.
    For God, Family and Country!

I posted a question like this on another forum not that long ago. I was surprised by the number of people who thought the person being pranked was responsible if they were to shoot the attacker.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    There was a show called Scare Tactics that made me think "Bad Idea" to pull on someone with a gun too.
    Agreed! I've watched it several times. I remember a few that had me worried. One where two guys were cleaning out a rent house or something similar and they find body parts, an "axe murderer" comes in and starts threatening them.

Dead prankster.

Another one where they were running a wood chipper and it jams. They find a body part in there, murderer guy comes out once again and starts threatening them.

Dead prankster.

Every time I watch this show I think to myself "one of these days they're going to prank someone who isn't going to crawl into a corner and start crying. One of these days someone is going to fight back." I certainly hope no one ever tries to set me up for one of these, because that'll turn into a hairy situation real fast.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links