stalker and brandishing...does anyone else see a problem here? - Page 2

stalker and brandishing...does anyone else see a problem here?

This is a discussion on stalker and brandishing...does anyone else see a problem here? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also sounds like he quit the job....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Also sounds like he quit the job.

Senior Moderator
    sounds like a PI, does she cheat on her hubby when she is away :p?
    If he was, he wasn't a very good one.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I wonder if hubby had a PI checking up to make sure she wasn't cheating
    Fire the PI, he didn't do a very good job. =]
    Knowing is half the battle.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Maybe the hubby could only afford a low-rate one so she wouldn't catch the payment on the fiances lol

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Problem I see is, even if she's totally right, she has no proof other than her own word that the guy was stalking her , and at point that he was any threat to her at all just by being in the same store. Yet, he could say he was in fear and she brandished and threatened him....

But, it doesn't mean it isn't true and that he isn't. That's the problem with many stalking claims.

Anyone can "claim" anything, but it does not make it true. We had a woman here claim she was being stalked and received "letters" from them , and several police were investigating it, and then they found she was the one writing the notes to herself. She ended up with charges, a psych evaluation, and trip to the State Hospital for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by POGOTHECLOWN View Post
    Shockwave, are you saying that: My recent contribution to penthouse was a lie?
    It was true, all of it.
    But was it published?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Problem I see is, even if she's totally right, she has no proof other than her own word that the guy was stalking her , and at point that he was any threat to her at all just by being in the same store. Yet, he could say he was in fear and she brandished and threatened him....
    The fact she pulled a weapon may have led to ESCALATION. This contradicts with one of the tents of CC/DC: DEESCALATION.

here in Florida automatic 3 year jail time for banishing. If you pull your gun be prepared to shoot. Pointing a gun at an unharmed person to scare then will land you in jail. The judge has no discretion in these cases.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I wonder did she ever discuss this with her husband? If it was a PI he should have been informed that she was armed. Also, at least here in VA stalking is a Felony. The LEOs should have followed up. If she saw him that much certainly she could have gotten a plate number.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

This is why when ever it happens, you document every encounter yourself and with L.E., even if they dont believe you(used to co-run self defence classes) keep on them and take it as far up the chain as you have to-even to the county and state level, if needed. And should you have a "encounter" call the police as fast as you can, they tend to go with the first caller, not always but usually.

I have a LOT of family in small towns in the south, I know 2 or 3 Sheriifs and Police chiefs in these communities and have seen where a respected upstanding member of the community is given some leeway, not saying its a true story but I can see it happing as written.

IMO she should have carried some pepper spray and blasted him with it, then she should have fled & called LE. However if she was unable to flee and he would have reached for his firearm after he got sprayed then she should should have shot and killed him.

From the story he had been stalking her and he bumped into her (intentionally).

IMO drawing in public was a bit over the top. But she may have been in fear for her life.

If this lady was your wife or mom how would you have preferred them to react?
    She did what she felt she had to do.He was the aggressor she was not. Hopefully the stalker learned his lesson, if not hopefully she'll fire next time.

If that had been my wife - I'm ok w/ her actions.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

That woman was lucky someone else didn't see the gun and call the police. She should have confronted the stalker with out showing the gun. Then if he continued to show aggression scream and then pull the gun. When calling always ask for a case number.This will help you to document the stalking. A description of the stalker's car and a picture with a camera phone would also help.

The woman had been speaking with several LEO's in an unofficial capacity "This guy has been stalking me hes truck follows me to and from work" the LEO's said they can't do anything but thank you for letting them know. Once she drew her gun she saw the butt of a revolver in the mans jacket (obviously no way to know this before hand).

Tactical-Life.com It Happened to Me!

I have to admit I thought the same thing when I read it. However I can see how she was terrified when she did finally see the man face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Somewhere there's a guy posting this to the internet:

I was walking through Wal Mart the other day, and some crazy woman came up and stuck a .357 in my nose while yelling crazy stuff at me!

I'm never going back to that store!

I'm glad it worked out for her, but that's probably not the best way to handle things.
    I agree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links