Surrendering your weapon

This is a discussion on Surrendering your weapon within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whatever you do,do not surrender your weapon,he has shown a disregard for human life when he shot the employee,If you surrender your weapon then what...watch ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Surrendering your weapon

Whatever you do,do not surrender your weapon,he has shown a disregard for human life when he shot the employee,If you surrender your weapon then what...watch while he shoots your SO and then starts shooting your kids to teach you a lesson,saving you for last.I ain't surrendering my weapon
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Howdy Guantes, I'm not sure that some are advocating that they would put their loved ones in jeapardy exactly as much as they are just expressing an view that shooting someone in the leg for trying to grab their weapon does not make them a killer automatically or they would have killed that individual as with this scenario (and as I pointed out), me personally, I was just pointing out that by shooting the clerk in the leg when he could have easily have just killed him for trying such a stunt led me to believe that he was not willing to go all the way into the killing field portion yet as some are trying to point out. That was my only point. I already put down my feelings on the subject and what I would do, I was just trying to reel in the way out thinkers who were saying he's a killer (no proof of those statements) in fact up to that point, just the opposite.
    You can easily kill someone shooting them in the leg if you hit the femoral artery.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Tacman has set the scene.... and like many of these scenarios, the details have changed slightly since the first post. During his countdown, he is alternating pointing the gun at me, and then at my wife... I'm assuming these are coming in somewhat regular "cadence"
    12: pointed at me
    11: pointed ar her
    10: me

etc.

This gives me time to breathe, lock, and pull, the next time he points at me.

The wife will drop, probably of a coronary, when I take the shot. Follow up shots as necessary. CPR on the wife and 911 on the line.

on a perfect day...

I hope it works. I am not 100% certain it will, but I don't think I have a choice. If so few of LEOs shots (statistically from older FBI reports) are hits... And since they (LEOs) in aggregate, probably train more often than I do, I am not completely confident in my ability. But I will give it my best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    He has already shot someone so we know he is serious about his intentions. Good responses keep them coming.
    Also sounds like he didnt want to kill anybody if he took a leg shot.

(Not directed at anyone):

--If you shoot, he'll still shoot her unless you get the perfect shot.

--If you dont shoot, 1) he may leave as he said with his booty or 2) he may shoot anyway.

I see a problem in that he's in the same position as you....how can he trust you not to shoot him as he runs out? (unless he takes your gun...OP didnt say that)

Unless you are an amazing shot and bandido is completely incapacitated with your shot, the odds are 100% shot wife or.....it's your personal read on how serious he is about shooting....could be 50-50...or more/less.

Another angle....if you standoff long enough, he knows cops will be coming. He may break and run. If you are willing to keep him from panicking (verbal negotiation/appeal....yeah, I know that offends many here), or lower your gun or set it within reach....you may get the time need for him to decide to take the cash he's already got and run.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Why would anyone draw on BG when he has your wife in the line of fire and he obviously has the upper hand? SMH...LOL. WWJD?, I think this is a job for Jack!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    If he grabs my wife he may well have crushed testicles. Never surrender your weapon. In this situation he does not know you even have one. React as the event unfolds.
    I pity the poor fool who grabs my wife! She'd probably kick his a++ and pull her gun faster than I would. (Either way; this guy is DM!)

BTW; We actually practice for such a scenario. We also practice what if one of our children happen to be taken hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    The BG has already shown he's not afraid to shoot. NO WAY I am giving up my weapon!

BG has two choices:

1. Drop his weapon, let my wife go and leave. (cops can pick him up later)
    2. shoot my wife and leave in a body-bag.

#1 needs to be in that order, pushing my wife away while still holding his weapon means I take him out as he is still a threat.

Tracy
    This

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And since they (LEOs) in aggregate, probably train more often than I do, I am not completely confident in my ability. But I will give it my best shot.
    1st I am not sure you know what aggregate means, but if you truly mean the combined training of all LEO's is greater than yours I would agree. If you meant to say the average training of LEO's is greater than yours please go train more.

Policeman are like the general public, some are gun people and shoot a lot, most aren't.

My wife (as soon as she comprehends what is happening) is just going to turn to jello. BG has the choice of dropping her, which gives me a clear shot or trying to hold her upright which is going to impair his ability to aim and engage, or he goes to the floor with her. Either way that distance is well within my comfort zone. Unless his weapon drops when my wife does, I shoot to stop.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    In this scenario how much life insurance does my wife have?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

My thinking is that if all he really wants is money, he probably doesn't want to shoot anyone in the process. With that said, he also sounds fairly inexperienced, which could make this person very unstable and dangerous.

My thought is never surrender your weapon. The minute he drew a weapon, he involved me in the situation. I would keep my weapon indexed on his brain box and wait for an opportunity. Someone threatening a person (even if it's not my wife) is an immediate threat. Furthermore, I would probably tell him to stop and put the gun down - attempt to defuse the situation if possible.

Hopefully my wife gives me some help and gives the guy a solid elbow in the ribs and then takes cover.
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD45
    Para Ord SF-45-A

Being a victim is a choice, it doesn't have to be yours - Support Concealed Carry on Campus

Surrender your weapon??

No not ever. My wife, my daughter and now my Grandaughter all know the Shouts to drop to the floor because I am going to fire over your heads at the BG's. Simple training and is effective. I always CCW with a minimum if 30+ rounds of 9MM or in some cases 40S&W with more of them. Go Figure.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That table gives me the opportunity for a good solid rest. At 12 yards, with a 1/2 to 3/4 headshot,if he stops moving for more than a couple of seconds, I'm going to put a bullet through his eyeball and that'll be the end of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    15 seconds? I'm putting my bullet into his eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    I have the ability to make the shot and I have no doubt that I would take the shot, while closing the distance between us; there would be blood shed, but at least it would be on my terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    As soon as my sights are on his head, I'm going to shoot him!

He gets a bag of money from the store, he's not going to let your wife go! He's going to use her to back out of the store and get to his vehicle, he will probably take her with him when he leaves. He's dead where he stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    I talk to him while my wife draws and shoots his nuts off. As soon as she drops out of the way I'm shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Very rough deal but its on being he has shot one person .

Deep breath and empty the mag or wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I would certainly not take the word of a felon that he would peacefully leave if he gets money. Too many witnesses/hostages heve been killed even when they cooperate. I would take the head shot.
    I find some of these responses interesting, some disturbing... Head shots at 25' with your wife being held hostage at gunpoint? Quit watchin' movies.... you mall ninjas, that's a bad choice. Grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    This is why you should carry a bug. You put main weapon down, he drops his guard and *bang bang bang bang*, end of problem.
    This is a good point.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    There is no way I'm surrendering my firearm, as it's entirely likely to be the only way we're surviving the situation. .

If it was 'the only' way you're surviving, why didnt he just shoot everyone on the way in? Why did he just shoot a guy in the thigh?

I'm not saying he wont shoot anyone else, however your black and white statement is not supported by the facts of the scenario. That there may indeed be other ways the scenario would play out.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Links