unthinkable horrible scenario-based on recent news - Page 6

unthinkable horrible scenario-based on recent news

This is a discussion on unthinkable horrible scenario-based on recent news within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Toorop I would just give him my "dummy" wallet. I keep my emergency cash and my important cards (ID, CHL, and an ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: unthinkable horrible scenario-based on recent news

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I would just give him my "dummy" wallet. I keep my emergency cash and my important cards (ID, CHL, and an emergency credit card) in a hidden pocket. He can have my wallet with maybe $20 cash and some discount cards as well as my old state ID (not a valid address).
    "thanks for the money dummy, now I don't have to get all bloody digging through your clothes" BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.

I am not sure if the book "To Kill" by Lt Col David Grossman has been brought up here on the forum or not. But everyone here needs to read it.

Grossman states that people have an aversion to killing other human beings, but there are ways to overcome this inhibition. He stated that through "conditioning" was one of the factors in overcoming this inhibition.

The problem wiht video games today is that they have assisted in "conditioning" our kids and numbing their inhibition to kill. Because they have done it over and over again in the games, transitioning to real life is no problem.

Look at the Columbine High School massacre. Klebold and Harris performed their task in a calm, cool manner. They did as they trained, killing 12 students and one teacher and injuring 21 others.

Jerald Block, a US psychiatrist, states that Klebold and Harris were immersed in games like Doom and that their lives were most gratifying while playing in a virtual world.

I say this because I would fear a 12 year old kid with a gun more than I would some dirtbag on the street. The dirtbag has not been conditioned, the 12 year old has.

The 12 year old also has a lot more practice "double tapping" and head shots where the dirtbag has not.

The 12 year old's reactions due to his training are a lot more honed than the dirtbag's also.

It is sad to say but one's SA level out on the street with a 12 year old in your AO should be very high. If in an urban environment I would seriously assess the situation and treat the 12 as a potential BG.

Age does not matter. Ask many of our Viet Nam vets how many legs got blown off from kids giving shoe shines and running away.

It is all about conditioning and kids adapt to conditioning very quickly.

How I would react? I would have OC in left hand ready to go and right hand ready to draw. I don't carry a dummy wallet, but this scenario points to a good reason why.

Ray
    Texas
    Check out my websites....

http://www.prophezine.com

http://survival4christians.blogspot.com/

Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I am not sure if the book "To Kill" by Lt Col David Grossman has been brought up here on the forum or not. But everyone here needs to read it.

post #16
    Dave Grossman, either in his book "On Killing" or in the lectures he gives (I had Dave come to Fort Bragg several times to speak with the MP Brigade that I was Chaplain for) talks about the impact of violent video games on kids............
    The problem wiht video games today is that they have assisted in "conditioning" our kids and numbing their inhibition to kill. Because they have done it over and over again in the games, transitioning to real life is no problem.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you read the book Lone Survivor. It was written by Marcus Luttrell, the only survivor of a failed Navy SEAL mission in Afghanistan. If you are wondering what this has to do with this discussion, you can read this:

Operation Red Wing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    This scenario is one that I have contemplated, recently.

Honestly, I don't know how I would react. That's why discussing it here, is a good thing.

There's a disconnect in my mind, whether or not I'm morally justified in killing a kid, even if it is self defense.

If I respond with deadly force, I'll be instantly labeled a baby killer. I have to admit that I'm worried if a reasonable juror would see it from my perspective.

If I don't respond, I run the very real risk of me or my spouse being killed. If we subscribe to the theory that the kid has a disorder of some kind, due to over exposure of video games, then the threat has just become more violent. Because the kid knows no consequences. Therefore the probability of him killing is increased, there's a good chance he'll shoot to kill, even if his demands are met.

Another dimension to this scenario, is the trend of gangs of young kids ambushing and beating people nigh unto death, to rob them. What if you're ambushed by more than one, all packing guns? Or clubs, or bats and bottles?

Can we articulate our defense and prove AOJ?

We live in a world where adolescents are as dangerous as adults, and they get away with more because of their age.

If anyone points a gun at me intentionally, I'll point back with much more intent.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Age is irrelevant here. The adolescent clearly has a misconstrued concept of right and wrong, not to mention the potential consequences of his actions. However, even though he is young and yes we all have made mistakes as adolescents ourselves, this is a mistake he should, and as long as my draw is fast and aim is straight, pay dearly for.

Explode off the X to his weak side whilst drawing, you know the rest.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by jon_volk View Post
    Wow, that was BOSS.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

I've been in this situation before, but the BG was older. After dinner it was dark and, when I became aware of the approach, I casually moved around my car to the driver's side, drew my Glock .45 and waited. When the BG got within 10 feet of our group and flashed a knife, I stepped from behind the car with my gun pointed at his chest. When he saw me he stopped, yelled "Holy S**t", turned and fled back the way he came. I didn't shoot and avoided a big hassel, but reported the incident to the police for the record. I would do the same thing again regardless of the age of the person involved.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links