Weird @ Walmart

This is a discussion on Weird @ Walmart within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I pulled into the Walmart parking lot and started walking toward the store. My SA was not what it should have been, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird @ Walmart

Weird @ Walmart

My wife and I pulled into the Walmart parking lot and started walking toward the store. My SA was not what it should have been, we were laughing about something one of us had said. (this was a good reminder to keep SA up) When we noticed him, a fellow, early/mid 20’s, came running by us, followed by a late teen/ early 20’s girl, both being followed by a Walmart employee (wearing the shirt and nametag ). The girl looked like it was the first time she had run (arms and legs flailing as she went) The employee was keeping his distance, but following them, possibly for an ID?? The guy and girl were going at a brisk jog pace – certainly not a sprint. The interesting point was that the guy was carrying a gun in his pants. Couldn’t see the gun but he was holding onto something about his waist with his underwear hiked up about 3-4 inches above his pants. First thing my wife said as he ran past was – he’s got a gun. Then the Walmart employee stated he had a gun as he went past.
    The guy and girl kept running across the lot away from the store, with the employee now walking/jogging to keep an eye on them.
    We continued into the store (don’t flame me – I know a lot of you would have left by now, but the hair wasn’t standing up on the back of my neck). At the entrance, there was a very large girl being detained by 2 walmart employees. She was trying to leave, but they kept grabbing her wrist to prevent her from leaving.

My wife couldn’t get over the guy coming to rob the place with his 2 accomplices, neither of which could move real quickly. He didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed. Also, don’t know where their getaway car was.
    Lessons Learned
    1 – Keep SA up at all times. The guy w/ gun got too close to my wife and I before I noticed him. I should have been able to put a car or 2 between us before he went by.
    2 – Never a shortage of kooks @ Walmart. Be prepared.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

2. Remove Ads

Gotta pay attention! Happy you and yours are ok!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

wow crazy
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I dont think I believe that, come on a Walmart employee "running"

If you want weird, go to Walmart and they've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    And at Rollback Prices...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    I dont think I believe that, come on a Walmart employee "running"
    sounded more like they were jogging, haha

"stuff" *huff* "stop them!" *cough*
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Weird is on aisle 3. Fetish is on aisle five. Perverted is aisles seven, eight and nine.

Everytime I go to Walmart I am amazed at the quality of inbred people that frequent the place. Just when I think people can't get any dumber somebody at Walmart proves me wrong.

That is not to say that intelligent people don't frequent Walmart as well, it's just that the smart to dumb ratio seems higher there. I'll leave it to you to figure out which side of the fence I fall on.

Biker

A lesson safely learned is a good lesson.

I'm surprised though, you don't really see that much weird stuff at Wally World.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Everytime I go to Walmart I am amazed at the quality of inbred people that frequent the place. Just when I think people can't get any dumber somebody at Walmart proves me wrong.

That is not to say that intelligent people don't frequent Walmart as well, it's just that the smart to dumb ratio seems higher there. I'll leave it to you to figure out which side of the fence I fall on.

Biker
    Ever heard of peopleofwalmart.com? I think you would enjoy it.
    Funny Pictures at WalMart

Bad thing is that had they been desperate enough it could have turned into a hostage situation in the blink of an eye
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

crazy people, so glad i found dc.com, opened my eyes so much

Quote Originally Posted by nigelvertigo View Post
    Ever heard of peopleofwalmart.com? I think you would enjoy it.
    Funny Pictures at WalMart
    Now that I have gouged my eyes out with a rusty fork I'm able to continue living.

Actually I think my wife and I are in one of those pictures.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    WTH? I can barely get a Walmart employee to open up the ammo case or help me find something, and this Walmart employee is running after a guy with a gun?

I know jobs are hard to come by, but unless I'm an LEO, I'm not chasing after a criminal with a gun. I'd rather lose my Walmart job.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    WTH? I can barely get a Walmart employee to open up the ammo case or help me find something, and this Walmart employee is running after a guy with a gun?

I know jobs are hard to come by, but unless I'm an LEO, I'm not chasing after a criminal with a gun. I'd rather lose my Walmart job.
    I hear ya. I thought it very strange that the employee was going after the guy. Note - I'm sure he could have caught him if he wanted to, as the guy & girl were not moving that fast. Nonetheless - odd to see him in some type of pursuit.

Also gave me a chance to reinforce to my wife that I'm not a crimestopper. She half expected me draw and go after them myself. I explained it to her one more time - The gun comes out only if one of the family or myself is in immediate danger, and if it does, its not for show.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links