Citizen Patrol - Armed but unarmed - Page 2

Citizen Patrol - Armed but unarmed

This is a discussion on Citizen Patrol - Armed but unarmed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Possibly a Bm-59 or M-14. No telling would love to see pics. As long as the weapon loads with a box magazine from the bottom ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Possibly a Bm-59 or M-14. No telling would love to see pics. As long as the weapon loads with a box magazine from the bottom you are only at a slight disadvantage.
    You would just need to practice loading the magazine and working the bolt. Dont know what type of gear you are issued but try to find a magazine pouch that attaches to your belt so the mag is in the same place and position each and every time.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Maybe Chicago should try the Neighborhood Patrols with armed citizens, watch that crime stat drop.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    Not sure how things in today's Army is, but when I was in the MP's at the gates did not have loaded weapons. They had mags ready, but could only load with permission from the watch commander.
    The AF Police at the gates of Luke AFB west of Phoenix are locked and loaded... some dumb homies running from the cops found out the hard way a few months ago. Two shot, one killed.

One Dead in Shooting at Luke AFB
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    So my question is this: given the limitations I have to work with, what would be your recommendations? I was thinking of patrolling with a clip in my hand ready to be inserted if needed. Have you ever heard of other situations where someone is required to have an unloaded weapon?
    My cousin served in the IDF and told me about these rubber band-like things that soldiers used to carry their CAR15s to keep the mag VERY close to the magwell, easily accessible if SHTF. I used to use one with my AR-15 when I would go to private shooting events. It takes some practice to secure the mag and then release it quickly, but I think this might work for you.

Here's an example form zahal.org. They're out of stock on zahal.org, but I'm sure there are probably thousands floating around Israel.

Rubber ring magazine holder

It is supposedly designed with an AR in mind, but it looks like it would work with your rifle as well.

I stopped by a booth at the NRA convention this year, Phalanx safety holsters. This guy developed a holster for Israel police who have to carry there weapons con 3 "or so he said" the holster was designed to hold the weapon and cock is as it was drawn from the holster pretty cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links