guy keeps on coming

This is a discussion on guy keeps on coming within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The OP has some regrets, but I like his actions - dropping the bag, circling away and making noise - and hope that I perform ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: guy keeps on coming

Distinguished Member
    The OP has some regrets, but I like his actions - dropping the bag, circling away and making noise - and hope that I perform accordingly in such a situation. That this case was a nut case is immaterial because there is a chance that it is a case of evil intent. I always carry a tactical light. The strobe feature might shed light on this one's mental capacity.
    Using the bag as a defensive weapon doesn't work for me. Maybe as a distraction to elicit a flinch reflex upon which to follow with more aggressive measures. But dropping it and moving away seems even more probing and starts to enter the BG's OODA Loop.
    To each his own. I think I keep my options of self-defense with the best intent and indication to use them only as a last resort. I think the outcome proves the effectiveness of these tactics; and I am glad for the OP that they worked for him.
    Great post and thread, btw.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I would have drawn my weapon ready to fire. If he came within 21-feet, Kenny would have been toast. Having a mental problem is not a disclaimer in my book, those folks can still cause as much damage as any other bad guy.

Then again, thankfully I live in a Stand-Your-Ground state.

As I'm often with wife and infant child, getting in the car and driving off isn't as easy as it sounds especially when you have the baby stroller, car seat to deal with.

If the OP did draw his weapon and the guy continued to come at him, do you think he would have had legal justification for firing?

Quote Originally Posted by CyanLite View Post

If the OP did draw his weapon and the guy continued to come at him, do you think he would have had legal justification for firing?
    I dont think so. Im in a stand your ground state as well. However Kenny didnt present a weapon other than his hands and feet. Think someone may have a hard time proving they had fear of death or great bodily harm in that situation. Maybe Im wrong? Like I said, I dont think so. Just my .02
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

VIP Member
    If I can't articulate a reasonable fear of death or severe bodily harm... I've seen NO weapon(s), I guess it's time to go hands on if he gets that close. If a weapon does come in to play, I will respond with sufficient force to prevail. Just me!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by CyanLite View Post
    Personally, I would have drawn my weapon ready to fire. If he came within 21-feet, Kenny would have been toast. Having a mental problem is not a disclaimer in my book, those folks can still cause as much damage as any other bad guy.

Then again, thankfully I live in a Stand-Your-Ground state.

As I'm often with wife and infant child, getting in the car and driving off isn't as easy as it sounds especially when you have the baby stroller, car seat to deal with.

Pretty sure i would have my hide nailed to a courtroom wall if i drew and shot an unarmed man. Especially a person missing some cognitive facualties. (Jury perception and all) Can imagine a procecutor just drooling over this case. Have several sizes of fox lab oc sprays in the mail, with some dummy practice cans to get the feel for it.

Had he kept on coming, but no weapon, its h2h time.

He produces a weapon and its exit stage right for kenny.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Macattack, What HD by chance did this occur at? I think I might want to avoid any further confrontations.
    Guns are meant to be shot Harley, not thrown!

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    He kind of squints his eyes for a few seconds and mutters something under his breath. He then kinda routates around in a 360 and then heads away from me into the store muttering all the way... Keep in mind my direction to him is completly opposite the store, so him coming at me was not him just trying to get to the store.
    Just a quick FYI. If a man is walking in a given direction (we'll call this direction "A"), makes a 360 degree turn, and then walks in that direction .....

He's still heading in direction "A".

YouTube - lastactionhero360
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

oc arrived today, think i'll carry the 2oz first
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

[QUOTE=Billy Ng;1681289]Just a quick FYI. If a man is walking in a given direction (we'll call this direction "A"), makes a 360 degree turn, and then walks in that direction .....

Yeah sorry he just spun about a bit so i guess it would be 540 degrees?

The Home Depot was in issaquah

[QUOTE=Billy Ng;1681289]Just a quick FYI. If a man is walking in a given direction (we'll call this direction "A"), makes a 360 degree turn, and then walks in that direction .....

Haha im a sicilian sm*%k. well italian anyway. i meant 540 degrees

[QUOTE=Macattack;1681857]
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post
    Just a quick FYI. If a man is walking in a given direction (we'll call this direction "A"), makes a 360 degree turn, and then walks in that direction .....

Yeah sorry he just spun about a bit so i guess it would be 540 degrees?

The Home Depot was in issaquah
    Oh, THAT Kenny. I know exactly who you mean. For him, I probably would have tried a friendly conversation, while having the pepper spray handy. He's a well known figure in the Issaquah area, dancing on the street corners with advertising signs. Never heard of anybody ever having any real problems with him.

Here's an article about him: Daydream Believer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links