How do you sleep??

This is a discussion on How do you sleep?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Totally birthday suit, with flashlights, a Winchester pump, a mini-30 with 20round magazines, several loaded 1911s, 2 Glocks and a chunky, blindingly white body to ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you sleep??

Totally birthday suit, with flashlights, a Winchester pump, a mini-30 with 20round magazines, several loaded 1911s, 2 Glocks and a chunky, blindingly white body to terrify any BGs. I can cause absolute terror in any creature, screaming down the stairs blazing all the way...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

2. Remove Ads

If I am home alone, I sleep fully clothed...with my gun on my hip. If the wife and kids are here, bday suit with gun in safe less than 2 ft away...

VIP Member
    I keep this by my side of the bed:

My jeans are close by but I might not waste time getting them on...
    can you imagine the insult of being shot by a fat white naked guy?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Underwear and GP 100 in reach. Shorts on ground next to bed with pistol.

I sleep in my shorts, and my Glock and SureFire are within reach from my bed.
    I'm a sound sleeper, but the wife hears everything. Someone kicks in a door or breaks a window, I know it's not the girl scouts...I'm not coming out with money for cookies.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Clothes in the floor, light, extra mag, glasses, and pistol on nightstand. My house is very small. So the possibility of a "naked man with a Glock" scenario is quite possible for me. Potentially followed by naked woman with Rem 870. Watchout!!!!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I generally keep a pair of shorts/pants by the bed with my keys and wallet in them.

But I sleep in the same thing I've been wearing since I was a kid. T-shirt and undies. Except a little larger size..... Ok......a lot larger size.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I work a 24 hour shift, however after 4 pm, I get to go home and respond to EMS calls from home at night. One of the benefits of working a rural area these days, so I always have pants and boots at the ready whether I'm on duty or off.

However, in the middle of the night, if someone is inside my home, they get me as is... Boxers and a light mounted Glock-23 or Colt AR-15.

I will only don pants and boots if time permits, which usually means the bad guys are still on the outside trying to gain entry.

I also have two hound dogs which are a pretty good alarm system. Sometimes they bark just at people walking down the street, sometimes not. But if anyone's making noise in the yard, knocking on the door, breaking glass, pounding or making scratching sounds on the side of the house they go absolutely berserk.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Only thing I have to add to this thread is that if any situation that requires you getting out of bed unexpectedly happens, clothing takes a backseat to getting a weapon in hand. If I need to go outside to continue an investigation (and a lot of people say to not do that, but I'm adventurous), I might throw on a karate gi or training jacket. These are normally laying at the foot of the bed.

I really like Thumper's setup shown above and am thinking about rigging up something similar.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Talking

Shorts, Glock and Streamlight next to the bed, pitbull and warlock doberman at the foot of the bed.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    If someone's in my house, or about to get in my house, then game's on. I'm not going to care about my appearance. Once when our two kids were still living at home, youngsters at the time, I awoke about midnight with some serious bumping at our front door, not knocking but bumping and shaking.

Living far out in the country, I can remember feeling very responsible for the protection of our two kids and my wife. I did not want whoever breaching my house. As I quickly approached the front door area (in the dark) the noise stopped. I waited in the dark a while listening and never heard another sound. Waited longer and nothing. I turned the porch light on and nothing. I opened the front door and called the dog, he came running up as happy as could be, with 3-4 distinct claw marks across his nose. I'm pretty sure the bumping was he and a ferrel cat had got crossways on our porch and made the bumping noises I heard.

I was actually real happy to see those bloody scratches since they pretty much solved the mystery of the noises.

If I need to go outside in a hurry then that's a bit different, here's a related thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-prepared.html
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I live alone but even if my daughter lived with me I would still sleep nude. If something happens in the middle of the night I could care less if I'm naked. I will confront you nude and I do not have problem doing so.
    What he said, Don't have a daughter, but, I got over body shyness a LONG time ago, getting Uh, Volunteered to assist in performing a nude wedding will do that. ::300+ people and not a stitch:::
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

I sleep naked as the day I was born.

If some lowlife BG decides to break into my house at night he had better be prepared to be shot by a naked old fart because the first sound from my Mossberg will be "boom".

Administrator
    Since I am the alarm call responder for my work I always have my clothes and stuff ready so that I can wake up and roll pronto.

Wife beater or t-shirt and boxer briefs. I keep my gear next to the bed - shorts or jeans, shoes w/socks in them and a button down hanging on a knob of my dresser.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links