How do you sleep?? - Page 4

How do you sleep??

This is a discussion on How do you sleep?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ctsketch I sleep on my side or back :p Me too.. and I snore too!...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you sleep??

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I sleep on my side or back :p
    Me too.. and I snore too!
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by happydude View Post
    I think the problem with reaching over to your nightstand is its very obvious what you are doing, especially if the pistol is on the nightstand and not in a drawer. Whereas if you were to have your hands underneath the covers, its easier to draw stealthily...for all the BG knows, you could be readjusting your junk.
    Being obvious in that situation isn't what will concern me. My room is pitch black and only the lamps next to the bed provide light.

My assumption is that as soon as the BG is in my room he is going to move quickly against me. So I'm more concerned about speed than stealth anyway, but it's an interesting debate nonetheless.

Although it is rather old and wrinkled, my birthday suit is quite comfortable.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Although it is rather old and wrinkled, my birthday suit is quite comfortable.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I can't believe no one has chimed in to say that they sleep in a SmartCarry.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I sleep like I'm dead, so my number one line of defense is my Chow dog.
    Waking up in time is the variable that concerns me the most

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    I sleep like I'm dead, so my number one line of defense is my Chow dog.
    Waking up in time is the variable that concerns me the most
    I have the same concerns. I once slept through a smoke detector going off in the hallway I've considered getting one of those reinforced frame for my bedroom door as well as something to prop against it to prevent it from being kicked down.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i sleep comfortably, preferably at night, but beggers cant be choosers
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I sleep like a rock.
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

In the old days, any intruder would be met by a 290 pound guy in boxers. However now, I'd just wait in the bed. I only have one leg and it takes longer to strap the fake leg on. So I'm just going to sit in my room, dial 911 and if someone comes in .....

Andy
    shhhhh, librarian packing

I sleep in lightweight athletic shorts with drawstrings. Drawstring allows me to slip an extra mag in my shorts without them slipping off my rear end. I have 2 45 caliber kimbers on a chair locked and cocked. I use the larger of the 2 at night because it has night sights.....both always in arms reach.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    If I am home alone, I sleep fully clothed...with my gun on my hip. If the wife and kids are here, bday suit with gun in safe less than 2 ft away...
    Sorry T-Rex, but that almost sounds paranoid. (I suppose if you live in Rat City it isn't.)

Pat
    USMC Veteran, Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, S&W 442, Kimber Ultra CDP II 9 MM, Nightwawk Heine PDP 45 Cal.,
    Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade .45 Cal., Kimber Tactical Pro II .45 Cal., Kimber Eclipse Pro II .45 Cal.

I sleep in shorts and have the S&W on the nightstand. I have a superior alarm system that even if phone defeated will still alarm quite nicely and early. I also keep the Kimber 9 mm in the nightstand.

I also have 2 real mean Siamese cat's that will take out the bad guy.

Two of my neighbors are LEO's so I'm hoping the bad guys steer clear of my block.

Pat
    USMC Veteran, Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, S&W 442, Kimber Ultra CDP II 9 MM, Nightwawk Heine PDP 45 Cal.,
    Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade .45 Cal., Kimber Tactical Pro II .45 Cal., Kimber Eclipse Pro II .45 Cal.

I usually wear a pair of gym shorts. Comfortable enough to sleep in but presentable enough if I have to jump out of bed suddenly. An intruder isn't the only reason; sometimes I need to go downstairs for a snack!

I usually have a pair of shorts on, shoes at the foot of the bed, flashlight on my nightstand next to my M&P .40c in the Supertuck. I only keep it in the Supertuck because it's always +1 and has no safety aside from not pulling the trigger.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links