How do you sleep?? - Page 6

How do you sleep??

This is a discussion on How do you sleep?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Typically just boxer briefs, with my leather moccasin-style slippers next to the bed (plenty for cruising around at night-easy on without using hands). XD40 with ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you sleep??

Typically just boxer briefs, with my leather moccasin-style slippers next to the bed (plenty for cruising around at night-easy on without using hands). XD40 with a Surefire G2 next to the bed in quick access safe (kids in the house). Hyper-vigilant German Shepherd next to the bed and front window.

To answer the OP's first question, "How do you sleep?" I sleep well, thank you...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I keep this by my side of the bed:

My jeans are close by but I might not waste time getting them on...
    can you imagine the insult of being shot by a fat white naked guy?
    What light is that?

Buck naked and ready!

I sleep buck naked...too old to care plus I think that would scare the crap out of someone having a 6'3" - 280 lbs man coming at them armed and naked. Attached are a couple photos of my flat, furniture attached holsters.

Gunhide1.JPG
    Bedroom
    Gunhide2.JPG
    Office
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    What light is that?
    Surefire E2D LED Defender.

Surefire E2D LED Defender Flashlight - E2DL-BK
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Boxers/tee. I keep the pants/holster/belt that I wore earlier at the foot of the bed, and a pair of sneakers under the bed. Pistol, flash light, keys, cell, and wallet on the night stand, and the Riot Gun next to the bed. A pair of electronic earmuffs, a large fixed blade, and a backup torch are in the night stand drawer.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    Boxers/tee. I keep the pants/holster/belt that I wore earlier at the foot of the bed, and a pair of sneakers under the bed. Pistol, flash light, keys, cell, and wallet on the night stand, and the Riot Gun next to the bed. A pair of electronic earmuffs, a large fixed blade, and a backup torch are in the night stand drawer.
    You're missing night-vision goggles so you can "own the night" and a bullet-proof vest, but well done other than that :)

Quote Originally Posted by Realfriend View Post
    You're missing night-vision goggles so you can "own the night" and a bullet-proof vest, but well done other than that :)
    I think your remarks are meant to be disparaging, but that's okay. A ballistic vest and NV optics are not currently in my inventory. Yet, I am serious about the safety of my family, believe it. Each of us must decide for ourselves based on where we live and the threats that are commonly found on how to be prepared to repel danger. Multiple home invaders impersonating police are a VERY COMMON occurrence in the metro Atlanta area. Based on that fact alone, some implements are better than others for responding to that scenario. The tools that I chose to have close at hand reflect that reality, and are but a facet of a comprehensive plan to convince any unwanted guests that they've picked the wrong house to invade.

Just my skivies on and my 95 lb Shephard roaming the house watching over the three of us, with the 75 lb Bassett Hound acting as a trip hazard. The firearms are close at hand. Nothing scarier than a p/o'd mom(wife) awaken in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    I think your remarks are meant to be disparaging, but that's okay. A ballistic vest and NV optics are not currently in my inventory. Yet, I am serious about the safety of my family, believe it. Each of us must decide for ourselves based on where we live and the threats that are commonly found on how to be prepared to repel danger. Multiple home invaders impersonating police are a VERY COMMON occurrence in the metro Atlanta area. Based on that fact alone, some implements are better than others for responding to that scenario. The tools that I chose to have close at hand reflect that reality, and are but a facet of a comprehensive plan to convince any unwanted guests that they've picked the wrong house to invade.
    It sucks clearing rooms with NVG's anyways. I've tinkered with the idea of making a master ON light switch for my home. Most would run at that point, and if there's someone dumb enough to come after you, well, a Level 2 vest isn't that crazy I guess.

All I can say is that it absolutely sucks when you've been awoken by a rather large bump in the night and have to look for shoes, phone, light, pistol etc. item by item because you don't have them centrally located. Your brain is already scrambling trying to make sense of what's happened. Trying to remember where everything is located at that moment in time is a plan for failure IMO. I think dude meant to make me out as some kind of wanker because of what I pre-position before I call it a night. I'll be that. But I'll tell you what. If your main worry is door kickers stopping by for a visit at o'dark thirty, unless you sleep in a BV and NVG there won't be time to put it on before a much deeper egress into your home beyond the breach point has taken place. Which is why I don't have it. My plan calls for me to get to a choke-point as quick as possible and hold high ground until the calvary arrives. Much more important to have a weapon light and quick armed response than to pretend to be using squad tactics when your all alone or wearing gear that isn't useful for the circumstance.

I didn't see your earlier post. I think the earmuffs are interesting. Never thought of that. Would you actually put on your jeans/sneakers/earmuffs, holster your weapon and pick up your shotty and flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I didn't see your earlier post. I think the earmuffs are interesting. Never thought of that. Would you actually put on your jeans/sneakers/earmuffs, holster your weapon and pick up your shotty and flashlight?
    Sneakers are in case of FIRE. Same with car keys and wallet.

Phone, light, and pistol accompany me on any investigation that leads me outside the master.

590SP and earmuffs are only for use if and when I'm absolutely convinced that bogeymen are inside my sanctuary. The alarm and the Bullmastiffs will be the first clue that something evil is lurking.

Sounds prepared to me.

I sleep more or less nekkid. Weapon on the nightstand. Not a flashlight believer. Shoes would come after I made sure the wiff was up and the dogs were out, if I had time to recover a few things.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links