Defending against unruly mob/civil unrest - Page 4

Defending against unruly mob/civil unrest

This is a discussion on Defending against unruly mob/civil unrest within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Anybody out there ready to toss a flaming bottle at your home - best take a quick and carefully aimed pop ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defending against unruly mob/civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Anybody out there ready to toss a flaming bottle at your home - best take a quick and carefully aimed pop at that individual.

You don't need to get burned out of your castle and forced into the street at a time when the fire department will likely be busy everywhere else.

And have a couple of sheets of 1" plywood handy to close up that sliding glass door should the need ever arise.
    Personally, I'm sitting here, thinking "hmmm a couple dozen 250 round belts of 7.62x51 with every 5th round a tracer, just in case I need to lead em a little bit." while my 2 boys can utilize the other mag fed guns in order to hold down the fort. Lock and load, rock and roll
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Underground hide out.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I found out recently I live in the safest neighborhood I possibly could. My street is only one block long and ends in a cul-de-sac. There is deep water on all three sides. I am the only one on the block who isn't a current or retired pilot. Most of which are former air force or marines. I have electrically operated hurricane/security shutters on every window and sliding glass door. The front door and garage entry door are reinforced fiberglass with dead bolts. I found out at a recent block party that most of my neighbors are gun freaks and several have secret panels that hide large gun cabinets and safes. We have all been buying large quantities of ammo and stock piling it. Lots of 12 ga. 00 buck and .223 ammo. Let 'em come!

Sounds like a great place to live.

If there is a widespread breakdown in law and order and roving bands of marauders are in the neighborhood, the LAST thing I'll worry about is what the DA thinks.

Warning signs, armed sentries, and shoot to kill if threatened. Leave the bodies in the street as a warning to anyone else who comes through. If it happens, it ain't gonna be pretty and the law will be a long time coming back out to where I am.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Try to put together some type of shelter inside your house. I'm in the planning stage for one myself. The ideal room would stand up to any natural disaster (tornado, flood, power outage, fire, etc) depending on where you live. Obviously you can only do what you can afford. Try to make it secure against home invasions. Some cheap scrap iron in the walls would make it bulletproof and leave room for shooting ports. Secure the doors well and try to have a hidden way of escape. It would be a good place to store supplies that you want to have anyway such as extra food, water, batteries, radios, 1st aid, cell phone, a stocked gun safe, etc. Some tools would be good in case you need to dig out from a tornado, etc. Ideally it would have a way to supply fresh air or at least quality filter masks. I would store my scuba tanks there for a few hours worth of pure air. I plan to put together what I can afford, which isn't much, but is better than nothing. If a person, mob or disaster compromises the security of the rest of your home, there will be a place to go until you plan your bug out.

Quote Originally Posted by romansten9 View Post
    Try to put together some type of shelter inside your house... Some cheap scrap iron in the walls would make it bulletproof and leave room for shooting ports...
    Bulletproof

Bullet resistant.

I'd not want to hang out long behind 1/2 plate. Another 20 rounds @ 300m started to rip through the center. Didn't bother to see what would happen at anything closer than 100m (no fun).

Spooky lesson between cover and concealment.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post

That is possible, but from past experience, I would not count on it. The behavior of a mob, often defies rational thought and often will not respond until sufficient force is brought to bear to jolt them out of the mob mentality.

Bingo
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links