The Gun Gods are poking me on the shoulder...

This is a discussion on The Gun Gods are poking me on the shoulder... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My truck was broken in to in the wee hours of Sunday morning. They stole one of my 10 round Glcok mags for my G23 ...

Thread: The Gun Gods are poking me on the shoulder...

The Gun Gods are poking me on the shoulder...

My truck was broken in to in the wee hours of Sunday morning. They stole one of my 10 round Glcok mags for my G23 in my door full of FMJ. Left a very expensive pair of sunglasses alone, as well at a portable GPS unit. Took some change from a cup in my console (sorted out the silver and left the pennies). They did leave their own sunglasses behind though. I was very lucky they took nothing else. I got in very late (2 AM) and just forgot to lock my doors. The police showed up, (friends of mine), and took a report. They also took the sunglasses they left, I dont expect to hear anythign or get any of it back. I have been known to leave a gun in there from time to time just because I forgot it. I am usually very vigilant about locking my doors. Just slipped this time. I used to advocate a car/truck gun....but I think I may have had my mind changed for me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

It sounds like yours was a rather benevolent thief, as thieves go. At least he didn't trash the interior of your truck! You're a lucky, lucky guy.
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    a small loss for a wake up call..count your blessings the gun wasnt present and take a lesson from it...

VIP Member
    Sounds like kids. They weren't looking to make money, they were probably just bored. The change was easy and the mag was "cool" to them. No respect anymore.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    No respect anymore.
    x2 - Nothings sacred anymore. I ran into the local walmart one night to buy some stuff. Was going to be 15 minutes tops. Just jumped out of the jeep and went in the store. DIdnt bother to lock it up, when I came out, it was ransacked. The owners manual on the floor, registration, other loose things I had in the glove box and center console. They only took the loose change, and a popular mechanics magazine in the back seat.
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    a small loss for a wake up call..count your blessings the gun wasnt present and take a lesson from it...
    Agree 100%
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Yeah my truck was already unecessarily messy so they couldnt mess it up much. I just realized when I went out there that they took the time to turn off the cab light so they didnt get seen. So they were fumbling in the dark probably why they missed the GPS.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

In South Florida, you leave NOTHING in view inside the vehicle, and you limit what you have in the passenger compartment. Inside I only have my reg/insurance card, and the car charger for whatever phone I am using. Leatherman, Flashlight, etc. is in the trunk in the spare tire compartment. I also disconnected my trunk button inside my car.

Call me paranoid, but too many firearms have been stolen out of cars in my area.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

We had stuff taken out of our car...the one time my wife forgot to lock it. I went around the sub and shared with folk what had happened only to find out that about a dozen cars had stuff missing.
    Fortunately, the cops eventually caught the dirtbags and I got my stuff back.
    You might want to check with neighbors?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I first arrived in Canada for college at the age of 17, I left my car door unlocked. I figured "hey, it's the Canadian boondocks, what could happen?"

Of course, I didn't have any firearms with me, and they just nicked the CDs I had in the car. The rest was junk pretty much. Since then, I've been very diligent, and I fully understand that this can happen anywhere.

A long time ago my wife and I purchased a conversion van. Beautiful vehicle. She went to Best Buy and locked it up, was in the store only about 10 minutes. When she came out the electric locks were damaged and the tv & vcr were gone. Total to replace the tv & vcr was about $300. Price to fix the electronic locks and the door was about $1,200.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    A long time ago my wife and I purchased a conversion van. Beautiful vehicle. She went to Best Buy and locked it up, was in the store only about 10 minutes. When she came out the electric locks were damaged and the tv & vcr were gone. Total to replace the tv & vcr was about $300. Price to fix the electronic locks and the door was about $1,200.
    I had a teacher in high school that did not lock his car for just this reason. He figured anything he left in the car cost less than the damage to the car they would cause breaking in.

Links