Drop Wallet

This is a discussion on Drop Wallet within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; accept the credit card application you get i the mail...then cancel the card after receiving it...makes for a non-expired credit card to give away with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop Wallet

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    accept the credit card application you get i the mail...then cancel the card after receiving it...makes for a non-expired credit card to give away with numbers that arent tied to any current cards...

2. Remove Ads

I already carry two wallets, so why would I want to carry a "drop wallet"?

Biker

If the BG follows you out of a store where you paid out of your real wallet I suspect giving up a fake won't work. Otherwise I like the idea and just need to do it.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Fortunately the area where I live there is not much crime. No one I know has ever had there wallet stolen or been held up. So I never really gave this any thought. But this got me thinking what would women do in this case? We carry purses you can't hide a purse from the BG.

Yes I carry an "extra" wallet and have for some 50 years. I keep five dollars in ones, and a couple of old insurance and library cards in it. Anything that has an address is an non-existant one. I don't want some yo-yo showing up at my door later.

Respectfully
    Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

I have a second wallet just for the cards I need for discounts at pet stores, grocery stores, sporting good stores etc. that just take up too much room in my primary wallet. It could act as a good drop wallet because those cards may be tied to my personal information but don't have my info on them.

A mugger can have my PETCO card anyday!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I carry one in my back pocket and it contains fake documents as well as $3 in chump change. My real wallet or money/card clip (whichever I use depending on pocket size) is in my right front pocket.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    And, my drop wallet is also bought from the flea market.

Only when traveling to a state where I can't carry. A $3 wal-mart wallet with $5 in ones, some of those fake credit cards that come with card apps in the mail and some random business cards (not mine).

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    this got me thinking what would women do in this case? We carry purses you can't hide a purse from the BG.
    Women are extremely fortunate in that there are purses where the gun pocket is in the middle and accessible from the side. You can walk with your hand on your gun, pointing forward, if you like.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I stopped carrying a wallet when I would be going into higher threat situations. I now carry my DL with my "pocket cash" in one pocket, then my money card, Military ID, GFL, and the rest of my cash in another. I figure if I hand over my pocket cash with my DL the BG will figure thats all I got. Being in the Military the address on my DL isnt correct and unless I am on leave isnt even in the same state.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

As I have written before. Carry credit cards in left front pocket and cash in front right. do nto carry a wallet at all. I know how I am going to pay before sticking hand into my pocket. What is the BG going to do with my credit cards ? Can toss him my cash and let it blow all over the floor, draw, and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    My drop wallet has $7, a picture of my wife and myself, a savings card from a grocery store, and three credit cards with expiration dates in 2012 and 2013. The accounts have been compromised and closed by the card companies.
    So he has your name (from the credit cards) and pictures of yo and your wife. Real smart.

i have considered carry a drop wallet, but i carry too much stuff on me now..lol
    but i really should make on up.
    Just a passing thought, It would be cool to have the drop wallet explode a dye in the BG face when he went to look inside, just giving me enough time to draw and fire.. however with my luck I'd open it accidentally one day in a store buying a coke..lol
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links