A bit of a freak-out at Wally World

This is a discussion on A bit of a freak-out at Wally World within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; justice system fails again FAIL justice system. The justice system fails all the time I concur. I would avoid that Walmart, and that kid, like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a freak-out at Wally World

justice system fails again
    FAIL justice system.
    The justice system fails all the time
    I concur.

I would avoid that Walmart, and that kid, like the plague.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I concur.

Truer statements have never been made. 24/7 or guess right!

This is very messed up. Our justice is messed up! This punk should be in the pen.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I'm a bit in shock after reading this. Dang.

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"- Uncle Teddy

(I personally don't like offenders at all!)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    To be honest about it, I'm very sorry for what your friend went through. However, she didn't wise up. She was maimed for life. She had a violent awakening. She was forced out of her shell by a violent, evil scumbag. She is an example of what all of us strive never to become, except she learned the hard way. Unfortunately we can't make decisions for other people.

That kid should be in jail till he's atleast 30. How is he out walking around right now? FAIL justice system.

If he was really into all that satanic garbage, his attorney probably played the mental illness card and had his sentence reduced dramatically.
    Call me heartless if you want, but I'd prefer his feet dangling the first time around...no chance for getting out at 21, no chance getting out at 30, no chance getting out EVER if you never go in...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

To be perfectly honest, I'd call WW and tell them of his past. Maybe they didn't do an adequate background check and don't know the story. Guys like that don't deserve second chances, and you (nor anyone else) deserve to be around them.

As was mentioned earlier, if the crime was committed before he was 18, it is possible that his record was expunged.

If that is the case, there should AT LEAST be an exception to this rule (or 'benefit') when the crime is particulary violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker543 View Post
    As was mentioned earlier, if the crime was committed before he was 18, it is possible that his record was expunged.

If that is the case, there should AT LEAST be an exception to this rule (or 'benefit') when the crime is particulary violent.

Ya mean like attempted murder?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I would definitely send an anonymous letter to WW and the local LEOs. I bet WW would not want him in that capacity and the LEOs would like to know. Is this the same jurisdiction he grew up? Maybe he escaped! Also let the girl know if she's still nearby. If he was sentenced as an adult, maybe he's on parole, walking a thin rope. Any crimes and back in the pokey. If a juvenile conviction, can he possess weapons? Scary. BTW did he still look goth? That must be interesting in a WW uniform. Maybe a pic over at www.peopleofwalmart.com would be in order...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    I would hazard a guess that WW does not know of his past history or they would not have hired him. They would not want to try and defend a lawsuit for an employee who harms one of their customers. Especially since it would be public record and showing they did not do a proper check of his employment records or a probable statement of felony convictions.
    Actually, I think even if he was convicted of a felony they can't discriminate if he has "done his time".

VIP Member
    Did he lie on the application to get the job ?. Ever been arrested ?. if that is on there. Grounds for termination.
    Any new story/report on it ?. Details.

Be Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Actually, I think even if he was convicted of a felony they can't discriminate if he has "done his time".
    I bet they can....

it's called hiring a better qualified applicant...one without a criminal record.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    That's why I rarely go to Walmart. Lots of weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    That's why I rarely go to Walmart. Lots of weirdos.
    Lol...depending on where you're at, going to wally world is like duck hunt...and you're the duck!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Personally I'd just do like you said and be aware of him when shopping there.

I wouldn't call WW and say anything. You don't know anything about him now and though his act of violence was horrendous, he might be a completely different person today. Probably not but still, you don't know.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links