Who travels with a "big" gun?

This is a discussion on Who travels with a "big" gun? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the wife and I are going on a small road trip to some friends house this weekend. Ever since warm weather hit, I have ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who travels with a "big" gun?

Who travels with a "big" gun?

So the wife and I are going on a small road trip to some friends house this weekend. Ever since warm weather hit, I have been carrying my M&P 340 in a pocket as my primary, due to the fact that it is so much cooler and more comfy.

That being said, I plan to mount up and strap on the G23 in the HBE Com III tomorrow for the 4 hr haul. I feel much more proficient with it, and able to handle a situation should it arise on the road, with this "big" gun. Will carry my 340 along for the ride also and probably use it while going out on short trips during the stay, as my friend will also be packing and have my back. Anybody else think this way?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    My GP100 4" is my car/trail gun. Its do-able.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

I carry my CW9 no matter how long or short the trip. I have bigger guns but the CW will do the trick in most cases. I trust it.

when I leave on a road trip more than 20 miles from home, I have my trusty g29 and a couple 15 rounders ( which is normal anyway) my .357 j frame pocket carry and an ak in my trunk with 8 30 rounders. God Bless AZ

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    We're in WVA on a trip, but our Toyota Corolla was packed to capacity, so no room for my WASR-10. BUT, I did bring my EDC S&W 442, with speed strips, and the wife has kept the XD40 handy as well. Whereas a typical outing I'd just have the J-frame.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Where are ya in WV?

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I used to pack a Ruger SP101 with two speedloaders. Now I plan on bringing my XD9 4" w/TRL-1 attached and either 3-16rd or 3-10rd mags depending on where I'm going.

I hadn't travelled with a long gun either, but I am bringing a Stoeger 20" 12g SxS.

I have been contemplating either an AR or AK with 6-8 mags. Things are getting a little too rough lately and I think the range, penetration and capacity the rifles offer beats the shotgun. Not that I'd expect to have to use any of them, but I want the best available if any of it is needed.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Considered an AR, but If I cant fight my way to my car or out of the scene as a whole with 27 rounds of 40, and 10 rounds of .357, I am in trouble. If I have time to deploy my AR, I am gonna have some splainin to do to a Grand Jury.

I carry my SA XD40 SC everywhere! In the car, on the motorcycle, etc.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

MP45C, 8 + 1 and 5 14 rd mags...everyday....everywhere.

When traveling in and around VA and from VA to other locations that permit them, I travel with my WASR-10 and Mosin Nagant in the trunk. The Mosin is good to go in just about every state, so that one does usually make the trip. My G23 is my primary EDC, so I don't really consider it a "big gun". As far as the times I head out into the woods/mountains/etc., I would like to bring the ol' 1911 along. I just need to buy one again.

On road trips I almost always have my AR and my 308, mostly just because every time I go on vacation I plan time to go to a range; but also you never know when TSHTF.
    Also I always carry my CW where ever its legal.

My EDC is a Para-Ordnance P-14, double stack, 5" 1911, RARELY do I carry anything smaller, then it is a Glock 19.

The wife and I just took a trip through WY, MT, SD with the truck and slide-in camper, often camping on BLM or National Forest land. Along for the ride were...

Wife- S&W 642 with Crimson Trace grips
    Me- Para P-14, Grendel P-10 (380) and Glock 20 (10mm)
    In the camper-Rem 1100 with short slug barrel & tube extension, pistol grip stock and side saddle for 6 extra rounds and an M-1A with 10, 20 round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Considered an AR, but If I cant fight my way to my car or out of the scene as a whole with 27 rounds of 40, and 10 rounds of .357, I am in trouble. If I have time to deploy my AR, I am gonna have some splainin to do to a Grand Jury.
    You're probably going to have to explain to the Grand Jury why you did what you did, no matter what weapon you use.

This year my Glock 19 and Glock 26 are my EDC's. I'm going to Los Angeles next week, so I'll probably pack a little heavier. The longarm is usually in the truck and I carry it in the stores and such in a gym bag. I'd much rather use a rifle than a handgun, so I keep one with me.

Biker

XD 45 ACP 13+1 and 13 rd mags

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links