Why I am here

This is a discussion on Why I am here within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ctsketch lol, never heard of a person asking the driver to take an order (while they are delivering). you can never be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I am here

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    lol, never heard of a person asking the driver to take an order (while they are delivering). you can never be too careful! welcome!
    Sure they do, it's the order to..."Give me all your money!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sure they do, it's the order to..."Give me all your money!"
    I'm not sure that this particular situation was headed in that direction, it was my "CREEP" o-meeter that was going off (women have these things)

And I agree with the people who said he was probably impaired, while he was still walking and talking straight enough he still seemed off.

AS of 5.50am this morning I have a new problem. My neighbor directly behind me came by and complained about my roosters crowing and said he was gonna get his pellet gun and "snipe them" which would also include shooting it in the general direction of my house. For some reason the police said all they can do is "extra patrols" bull......
    AND I only got about 3 hours of sleep before I was so rudely awakened so my game was WAAAAY off tonight at work and that scared me a lot.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!

Always pay attention to your conscience and act accordingly. I'm glad this worked out well for you and its good that you are making efforts to be mentally prepared if something like this ever happens again.

Oddly enough something similar to this happened to me when I was about 18 years old; I wasn't delivering pizza though. I dropped my brother off at his girlfriend's house. I had never dropped him off there before so I wasn't familiar with the neighborhood. When I came back to pick him up - even though I was driving slow, I passed up the house and had to circle back around. As I was approaching the house I needed to go to, a guy walks up to my car and asks for me to stop. The house he came from had several people on the front porch sitting around and talking. The guy at first seemed like he was really friendly when he first approached me. He pointed to the house he came from and asked me if I knew anyone there. I replied "no". He then replied with something like "well get the (explicative) out of here then." I don't think I said anything and just pulled off but found the whole thing to be very odd. I remember it ticked me off because he was the one that stopped me and I felt like I had just been ambushed. Who knows what he was thinking. Maybe he thought I was a BG scoping out the neighborhood since I was driving slow looking at the houses on the street. Maybe he thought I was checking his girlfriend out? I don't know. I realize I might have looked suspicious but the last time I checked, it's not a crime to drive slowly up a street looking at houses. If he was really that concerned about me being a BG, perhaps he should've called the police and reported suspicious activity and supplied them with my license plate number - I was driving slow enough that it would've been very easy to observe my license plate number. I know it doesn't sound like he is guilty of anything other than maybe being a little rude but I felt like I had been threatened and got the impression that I was very close to being assaulted. With that being said, I can identify with how you felt when you were approached by an unknown person on the street. It's a bad feeling and it makes you realize that trouble can come in an instant - one minute you are driving and everything is all well and then the next, you are in danger.

Use good caution and be safe.

Grace & Peace,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links