Forced into car

This is a discussion on Forced into car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'm with treo on this one..once shes in the car shes dead as far as i'm concerned...911 brings the police and a hostage situation that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forced into car

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i'm with treo on this one..once shes in the car shes dead as far as i'm concerned...911 brings the police and a hostage situation that i dont see turning out well unless this is a bad movie...

my first though was charging and firing as soon as i draw a bead...the encounter is close and i know i can lay several in the kill zone on the move...shock and awe isnt what they expect and its the only thing that will catch them off guard...the only way they are both going to be able to return fire is to release her and one of em is going down immediately...

my wife already knows where i stand on this and i'm usre she'll be having second thoughts when lead starts flying but nobody is stuffing her into a car...

for the disable the vehicle folks...i'm not ******* these guys off once they have her in the car....its not a good scenario to shoot into the car once shes in it...too much chance of her being struck or them using her as a shield...that just makes a bad situation worse...and you couldnt hit an oil pan on your best day...anything that could disable the vehicle would have to be a luck shot at best...ever watch a chase of a car that has taken multiple rounds?...they dont stop...

nothing i gonna blow up at the gas station...thats where it has to end in my opinion...otherwise the likelyhood of it ending well gets worse with time....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    I'm gonna vote not to send the unarmed/weaker person into the store alone in the first place, probably safer to leave them IN the car.

we've run into this response before...there are more carjacking scenarios than hostages taken in convenience stores so i would say she is safer going in to buy snacks than staying outside where she would be gone by the time you got outside...there are also more robberies at the pumps...shes a big girl and it could happen to anyone...including someone who pays attention to their surroundings...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    we've run into this response before...there are more carjacking scenarios than hostages taken in convenience stores ...
    Eh, I guess it depends on what you drive. Remember aforementioned 18-year old beater?? I'm not too terribly afraid of getting car-jacked in that thing. They would have picked the wrong truck anyway, I always pre-pay and always drive on E, so if the drove off in it while I was in the store they are lookin at 1 gallon of gas or less to make their getaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Eh, I guess it depends on what you drive. Remember aforementioned 18-year old beater?? I'm not too terribly afraid of getting car-jacked in that thing. They would have picked the wrong truck anyway, I always pre-pay and always drive on E, so if the drove off in it while I was in the store they are lookin at 1 gallon of gas or less to make their getaway.
    they might not be carjacking her for the car....and dont rule out just wanting to abduct her...

IF I shoot the driver befor he gets in the vehicle, it is disabled unless the other perp lets go of the wife to take control of the vehicle. I doubt he is just going to sit in the vehicle with the wife, waiting for the PD to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This is no different that the"surendering your weapon " thread same response

I gave this some thought, I came up W/ a response and some rationales to back it up but I suspect that I'm still going to catch some flak for posting this but here's how I think I'd react

1. I don't believe for a second that he has any intention of letting my wife live so I have nothing to lose by trying.

2. The last thing I want is for him to have that gun pointed at her the easiest way I can think of to accomplish that is to give him another target, me.

3. I've been shot before. I know exactly what it feels like and I believe I can cover 12 yards before I bleed out.

4. Action always beats reaction, I bet I can get at least 3 steps (3 yards?) while he's screaming "stop or I'll shoot."

I'm going to close the gap as far as I can, then I'm going to start shooting and I'm not going to stop shooting until I'm dead or he's dead.
    I have to agree with you on this....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

You will do what your training has taught you. In that situation, things will happen fast. You will NOT have time to think out your course of action. That is guaranteed. At this point, I would do what others have said, I would draw, weapon at my side ready making the best line toward the offenders. Leveling the pistol and shouting commands to drop their pistol and release the lady. This will happen extremely fast. I do train for these situations. In my thought, there is no way the loved one can be allowed in the car. Trying to trail the car and dialing 911 could most likely lead to a worse case situation involving a hostage with desperate criminals etc... The situation that you paint needs to be dealt with immediately with surprise and gaining and keeping the initiative. IMHO only.

No way they are leaving if I can do anything about it, and no way they are getting out of my sight if they do. She'll just have to stay low and try not to get shot.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

My wife and I take frequent road trips because both sons live out of state. When you live in the middle of Texas, it is a long trip to any place "out of state." As others have said, we're partners in our personal protection. She doesn't enter the convenience stores while I pump gas. She's in the car with her own side arm. We enter the stores together. We're observant. Such a scenario as described doesn't have to happen.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Stop and robs in particular but in general......Just because the river is quiet, that doesn't mean that the crocodiles have left.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Sticks, considering the adrenelin rush involved with a wife being abducted, it would be hard enough to hit tires and radiator, much less a lucky shot to a 1/4" fuel line or that tiny portion of oil pan that extends down.
    OldVet...That was kind of the point of my post. You are not gong to be able to shoot a car and effectively disable it on the spot.

Draw and stop the threat, or get in your vehicle (if you are not already in it) and ram them in theirs before they get movin'.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

No way i'm letting too armed thugs kidnap my SO... If I can get a clean shot (without hitting her) i'm going to try and stop them and if I fail i'm jumping in my car and chasing them while alerting the authorities. They are not being let out of my sight.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This is no different that the"surendering your weapon " thread same response

I gave this some thought, I came up W/ a response and some rationales to back it up but I suspect that I'm still going to catch some flak for posting this but here's how I think I'd react

1. I don't believe for a second that he has any intention of letting my wife live so I have nothing to lose by trying.

2. The last thing I want is for him to have that gun pointed at her the easiest way I can think of to accomplish that is to give him another target, me.

3. I've been shot before. I know exactly what it feels like and I believe I can cover 12 yards before I bleed out.

4. Action always beats reaction, I bet I can get at least 3 steps (3 yards?) while he's screaming "stop or I'll shoot."

I'm going to close the gap as far as I can, then I'm going to start shooting and I'm not going to stop shooting until I'm dead or he's dead.
    Can't add anything more!!

Well said.

MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My first thought was, who'd want to wreck their perfectly good car?
    Are you kidding me? Screw the car. If that was my WIFE we're talking about, I'll destroy not only that car but all others I may own the rest of my life.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    we've run into this response before...there are more carjacking scenarios than hostages taken in convenience stores so i would say she is safer going in to buy snacks than staying outside where she would be gone by the time you got outside...there are also more robberies at the pumps...shes a big girl and it could happen to anyone...including someone who pays attention to their surroundings...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Let's say it's a rough neighborhood and I see some punks hanging around outside. I was almost out of gas so I had no choice but to pull in. Either both of us are going in the store or both of us are staying outside.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links