Wife has a friend that is a victem of domestic abuse, and she comes to your house. - Page 4

Wife has a friend that is a victem of domestic abuse, and she comes to your house.

This is a discussion on Wife has a friend that is a victem of domestic abuse, and she comes to your house. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tell her to go away ? Call 911 the second she seeks shelter makes sence ! Your are asking for trouble , A known victim ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wife has a friend that is a victem of domestic abuse, and she comes to your house.

Tell her to go away ?
    Call 911 the second she seeks shelter makes sence !
    Your are asking for trouble , A known victim attached to a time bomb !

She knows the proper way out and it ain't next door !

Sounds like a victim wanting a known gun handler to solve her problems .
    After all you know her history thru your wife , she knows you carry !

No win
    call 911 do not let her in unless bubba is heel to toe on her .

It's her bike , she bought it , she can pedal

Let her in in distress , domestic now becomes your problem !

She has know the problem , told your wife , and others , as per orginial post

wait here I'll call 911
    Last edited by Yeti; July 9th, 2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: iPhone

I speak from experiance
    mom was a victim
    kept comming back for more
    looking for help in all the wrong places

Lots of bruises me and moms

You would not want that man comming in your home if I were locked inside with my mother , ever

Sorry about the typos on a phone

Hate to see this has happened Sejune. We still need to go nab some coffee sometime. But as far as SC Castle Doctrine goes, we're almost as well off as Texas. Someone forcibly enters, well, thankfully the DA seems to like us being armed.

We can't be more than a few clicks from each other. Would love to sit down and have a chat with you about the whole bit before long. If you're in one of the "West side" neighborhoods, I could probably walk there.

what about a less than lethal response? taser or pepper spray? ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by toruguen42 View Post
    what about a less than lethal response? taser or pepper spray? ideas?
    Welcome to the forum! I have used a stun device under actual conditions and more than once. I have found that on a belligerent drunk simply being intrusive or obnoxious that loud FRYING BACON sound will cut thru the foggiest drug or alcohol addled mind like a hot knife thru butter. EVERYBODY remembers the immortal scream: "DON'T TASE ME BRO!" They know what you're about to do and they know it will hurt a lot more than they're prepared to endure for something suddenly not so important. However, there does exist the rare individual who is simply resistant to high voltage. I have a close friend. We served together on the same post. He is an army legend for having survived two direct lightning strikes and walked away from both! Moreover when he retired on disability (from parachuting after 12 years in a Ranger Battalion -- the normal rotation is only 3 yrs) he was fiddling with the power at his home and shorted the entire load across his chest also shorting out the block. He walked away from that one, too. His chest was burned, though. He could take a TASER strike and grin at you while he wiped the floor with your face. So there is that. PEPPER SPRAY? It only serves to make folks really MAD. Plus, it's fickle. If it's a gusty day and the wind shifts you might be in a fix. I like to layer my defense along with a firearm: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=385979 or maybe: http://www.shomer-tec.com/product/im...erambit-96.cfm plus a knife.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

First, get her out of your house as soon as possible. She needs to go to a woman's shelter.
    I guarantee, if the hubby shows up and beats her, and you harm him, they will both gang up on you in court.
    You'll be the bad guy and they'll be the loving couple.

wow that one lucky buddy! was trying to think of other ways to stop the husband with out killing him, and those seemed logical.
    i know what u mean on the pepper spray! for one of my jobs they trained us for bear attacks and then had us fire a bear spray and shot guns. just being near the spent can caused my nose to run...

Also he can claim that YOU are kidnapping his wife and kids and held them at gunpoint, etc.

Angry husband

I've been in that situation a few times, where I also knew the husband/boyfriend.
    I talked to them outside, at the driveway. Let them know they could come in and talk, in MY house. That they need to remember they'll be in my house, and to stay peaceful and calm, or the problem would get much bigger for them very fast. A couple of times I let them in and they talked, a couple of times I didn't, because I wasn't convinced they'd remain calm.
    Of course this can be a heart racing situation, and you've got to be prepared for the unexpected, but there was never anything close to a lethal engagement in any of these occurrences.
    In the instance of the OP, I can't get away from the fact he never was physical with his wife, so what's the chance he's going to get physical with me, on my property.
    I think it's important to slow down the situation in order to diffuse it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links