Who has defensive back up plan for when you are sick?

This is a discussion on Who has defensive back up plan for when you are sick? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been home sick for two days with flu like symptoms. Very achy from head to toe, swollen lymph nodes, fever, and very weak ...

I have been home sick for two days with flu like symptoms. Very achy from head to toe, swollen lymph nodes, fever, and very weak , and almost felt drunk at time with a very heavy head, and blurred vision at times. Just good old "bug" or virus of some type I am sure.

My wife and I were horsing around a little, and I told her it simply wasnt fair because I was too weak to fight back. That got me to thinking about what I would do to protect our house and safety in my obviuosly weak/impaired state. I just did not think I could fight off an attacker or home invader, even with my gun. Does any body here have a backup defensive strategy with others in your home in case you are unable to step up?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    hang a sign on the door that says "quarentine due to highly infectious disease"...

VIP Member
    Nope. In my household, I'm it. Not by choice, it's just the way it is.

If it's go-time, and I'm under the weather, it's just time to dig deep. I've done it before, and I'll do it again.

You'd be surprised the energy you summon when you feel endangered...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

If my wife is home, then she will assist..but with that said, she is still the BACKUP...As others have stated, when you hear the music and you know it's time to dance, you'll hit the floor like Fred Estaire and take care of business. There's just something about that adrenaline rush that seems to help out. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

It's all relative when you're facing something much worse than being under the weather. I know the concern, but I can assure you that feeling ill will be the least of your worries. Look at that one story where the woman and her husband were both shot.....that didn't stop them one bit and I'm confident it will be the same for you, God forbid that day ever comes.

You'll probably fight harder since you're so irritated that it happened when you were sick
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    You'd be surprised the energy you summon when you feel endangered...
    Agreed. And it doesn't take much effort at all to aim and squeeze. Repeatedly if necessary. This is Oklahoma and we have some excellent Castle Doctrine. If they're in my house and shouldn't be, I have the right to shoot them. Sick or not I'm skipping other options and I'm going for my gun.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Feeling like I have I dont feel like I could reliably operate a gun. That was one of my worries.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well if you ask me, a gun is your best bet if you're feeling that bad. How else are you going to defend yourself? Obviously hand-to-hand combat is out of the question, I doubt you can swing heavy objects, don't think a knife is going to do it for you. Your best bet is a gun. It's the method that is going to require the least physical effort.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    When I am horribly sick which is like once a century I have a monopod that i put through the bottom of a box to keep it stable then rest my shotgun on it. This way I don't have to hold the weight and with the shotgun I don't have to aim. If you have a crutch laying around it works too. I have only done it once it was more cause I was bored than to weak to lift a gun or use fine motor skills.

Links