Traveling with others.

This is a discussion on Traveling with others. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be traveling with a group and staying overnight in a hotel room with some people. I know them, but have not revealed i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling with others.

Traveling with others.

I will be traveling with a group and staying overnight in a hotel room with some people. I know them, but have not revealed i CC (what is the point of concealed if the world knows?). How do I keep my Glock secure at night in the room? I'm thinking in the holster, under a shirt by my side of the bed. First thing in the mornings it will be on my 4:00, but in the mean time i'm curious about sharing a room and keeping it secure.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

could put it in your bag as well.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

you could just sleep with it on...

Stick it between the mattress and box spring on your side of the bed. Out of sight and easily accessable. Leave it in the holster if you are concerned with an AD.

Both of those are viable options. My tactic though would be to have a smallish bag with all your toiletries in it. Razors, shaving cream, toothbrush, whatever else. Put it in there.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

forgive me, this should have been under carrying discussions, not scenarios. Chalk it up to newbie status.

:P

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I actually had this situation occur. My g/f and I went up to her alma mater for an event, and a friend of hers ended up staying in the room with us (because no other hotel space was available). I was carrying, the g/f was fine with it, but the other friend didn't know and wasn't somebody we particularly wanted to have that conversation with.

I have a Maxpedition Versapack that I use as a gun bag. When I went in the bathroom last thing at night to get ready for bed, the gun went into the VP, and the bag stayed at my bedside (side farthest from the door, up against the outside wall, with no reason for anybody else to walk by there) while I slept. In the morning, the bag went with me into the bathroom while I got dressed.

That sequence worked fine for us. It wasn't my actual toiletry bag, but there was nothing out of the ordinary about dragging a small black bag in and out of the bathroom with me.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    This could be a situation where my Wilderness Safepacker would work, as well.
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

You probably won't show them your underwear, put your gun in that same category...I'm just sayin'...

A great way to practice your CC skills.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post

I have a Maxpedition Versapack that I use as a gun bag. When I went in the bathroom last thing at night to get ready for bed, the gun went into the VP, and the bag stayed at my bedside (side farthest from the door, up against the outside wall, with no reason for anybody else to walk by there) while I slept. In the morning, the bag went with me into the bathroom while I got dressed.
    And that's exactly what I'd do.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I agree with everyone on here talking about keeping it in a bag of some kind/type. I also think it's a good idea for you to not reveal this to your friends - there's a time and place for everything and if you're going to reveal that, don't spring it on them at the last minute while they are on a trip with you. I do think that if you were staying at their house, however, you should tell them that you have a gun and ask if it is okay to bring it in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Stick it between the mattress and box spring on your side of the bed. Out of sight and easily accessable. Leave it in the holster if you are concerned with an AD.
    Bad idea for only one reason. If he's not used to keeping the gun there he may forget and walk out of the room W/out it

That is true, but then, would you forget your pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    That is true, but then, would you forget your pants?
    Long story but done that

I won't even ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links