BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons - Page 4

BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

This is a discussion on BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NC Bullseye Is the G19 black or OD?...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Is the G19 black or OD?
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

If your Bill Jordon, who could draw and fire accurately in .037 seconds, that's fine. I have the American Rifleman show recorded with him in it. And that was from a duty holster not a concealed carry rig.
    Few people can come anywhere near that.

So this guy is robbing a bank and is gonna take the time to frisk everyone in the bank? I shut my mouth and let the robbery happen. That is why banks have insurance. If my life is threatened, I act to the best of my ability. Otherwise.... let him rob the bank and leave.

An opportunity might present itself while he is checking for weapons. I doubt that he would try to firsk everyone, unless he was really stupid. I expect that he would one at a time have each person lift their shirt/jacket and turn around to do his check. While his attention was on another person would likely present a good opportunity.

If he did a physical check or gets close....DATD.

I'm NOT surrendering my unknown weapon to someone lining us up with a 9mm in a bank...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    First, he's carrying a Glock... so it wil jam.

Yeah I realize that this thread is a "what if" but in real life you might want to revise and extend your remarks regarding Glock's jamming.

I agree with the other posters who said there's not a snowball's chance in the underworld that I'm giving up my gun. Not happening. What does happen all hinges on a lot of details not described here, but you can be sure he's not getting my gun from me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Yeah, he's pretty much getting blasted before he stops talking if he mentions anything about disarming ccw holders.

If he doesn't mention disarming ccw holders then I continue to evaluate the situation as to whether I interfere with his actions or not.
    Agreed.

BTW this scenario was used as a plot device in the film 'The Inside Man'; Inside Man (2006)
    A very good movie BTW.

As well this scenario played out in several robberys I've read of recently including two barber shop take downs, one locally here in Springfield, MA at what was a known drug distribution front as during a buy & steal effort. The second being at a head shop where a B grade rapper was known to hang out...He was approached by a squad to hold him and his entourage indoors and out while being robbed of his cash, jewels (watch, earrings, necklace and fronts/teeth) as well they took off in his Hummer H2 which was laced out in hoodrich gear.

There was video of the latter on YouTube via the local news when it happened several years ago.
    Where as the former made big news locally because the take down attempt resulted in a literal mid day running on foot gun battle inside the building that spilled out onto the sidewalk and streets as shooters from both camps were attempting to stop each other. It was cray.

So yeah I'm with you Bark'n...But there are multiple factors including how much support staff does the primary shooter have with him, to which one must assume they too are armed.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I will say HUH? i cant hear i am deaf, BOOM BOOM, (Bad guy falls on the floor)
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

No guns allowed in Banks in Nebraska so I would be screwed. go through the drivethrough

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Actually such a scenario is pretty unlikely as bank robbers are primarily concerned with getting in and out as fast as possible. I can't imagine them taking the time to search everyone.
    youre right...this guy talks too much and i believe its gonna get him killed...immediately...

i dopnt believe in double taps...theyre for the movies...i believe he is making a big mistake asking people to raise their hands because i am rather certain a hand is going to be raised holding a glock quite similar to his except that this one will be distributing funds in his direction in the form of a wall of bullets...

i'm gonna need a bit more information but i dont think i'm intersted in him frisking me for a gun because i have a feeleing his own is gonna be in my gut while he does it...if he didnt ask for it he might just walk away with a bunch of bank cash...but if hes gonna make threats that arent related to taking the banks money i have to worry that his intentions are a bit beyond just holding a bank up...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    No, no he doesn't. Why, oh why, would anyone wait till they are on the wall? Everyone to the, bang, bang, oh crap, bang, thump.
    Its what I was thinking. He would be too distracted at this point. When the shtf, you have less than 1 second to make a decision. And it better be a good one!
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

I see only one reason to unholster/draw my weapon with bystanders around. For this scenario, I'd attempt to stop the threat first before surrendering my firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If your Bill Jordon, who could draw and fire accurately in .037 seconds, that's fine. I have the American Rifleman show recorded with him in it. And that was from a duty holster not a concealed carry rig.
    Few people can come anywhere near that.
    Well, with what you've mentioned above, the first real rule, in this type of situation, where you're CCW is to Practice practice practice as if your life depends on it. If you're out in the open, and this guy (hopefully only ONE) is still talking, maybe, just maybe you can move yourself out of the line of his fire, into a defensive position, and provide yourself with precious seconds in order to draw and clear your weapon, and get a shot off if you can without endangering the innocents.
    If there are more than one BG, then I think you're gonig to have to overpower the one who tries to disarm you, and hopfully use him/has as a shield, but then again, it's all in how the game goes down.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Well, with what you've mentioned above, the first real rule, in this type of situation, where you're CCW is to Practice practice practice as if your life depends on it.

*Agreed. I know quite a few accomplished pistoleros and have yet to see anything below around the low eighties from concealment.

If you're out in the open, and this guy (hopefully only ONE) is still talking, maybe, just maybe you can move yourself out of the line of his fire, into a defensive position, and provide yourself with precious seconds in order to draw and clear your weapon, and get a shot off if you can without endangering the innocents.

*Anything that will give you an edge will be beneficial. I would suggest that "seconds" to draw and fire probably won't cut it.

If there are more than one BG, then I think you're gonig to have to overpower the one who tries to disarm you, and hopfully use him/has as a shield, but then again, it's all in how the game goes down.
    *More than one BG is going to significantly increase the difficulty of a satisfactory outcome. I agree that the specifics of how the game goes down will have a major effect.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links