BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons - Page 5

BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

This is a discussion on BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shoot once you get a clear shot. If you have all the GGs on one side of the room with you then you have a ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

Shoot once you get a clear shot. If you have all the GGs on one side of the room with you then you have a good shot with out worrying about hitting by standers. If he has a partner outside I doubt if he will come in once he hears gun fire. There is a chance that other CCWs present and you never know what they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If your Bill Jordon, who could draw and fire accurately in .037 seconds, that's fine. I have the American Rifleman show recorded with him in it. And that was from a duty holster not a concealed carry rig.
    Few people can come anywhere near that.
    I was about to say the same thing. There's a big difference between an OWB holster on your hip and an IWB with a shirt over it. Add even more difficulty if it's a tuckable rig being used as such.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

From talking with accomplished friends and experiments I have done, in a best case setup, concealment will add two tenths to unconcealed times. In less than best case, the addition will be greater.

i cant wait for the 'id give him my decoy gun' response.

This scenario is... silly to be polite. Anyone not answering "N/A" has one heck of an imagination.

He would have lessons in pain before he ended his little speech.

On a side note, there may be other ccw holders present so it may get alittle hairy when several people pull their guns out at the same time. (ie who is the accomplice and who is the GG)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Is this a PG or an R movie?

Who gives up their weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by LEAPSpeaker View Post
    I can't remember the guys name, but will know, he was a big quick draw expert with the border patrol in the late 70's early 80's. Anyway, he taught us that if someone has a gun pointed at you, you can draw and shoot him before he can pull the trigger.

It works, we would practice with our partners. That said, doing in practice, and doing it in real life, are two different things. You need a good holster, and a smooth draw, but it's not that hard to do......

Bill Jordan?

He taught that? I'd like to see a source for that.

I go by what Mas teaches...that proximity outweighs skill. And his (bg's) finger is already on the trigger (proximity to trigger).

Re: this scenario....I wouldnt call attention to myself. I wouldnt be a prime suspect as a woman. The logistics of a single guy searching people for weapons (otherwise, how would he know?) are not in his favor. I would wait for an opening and draw (from my purse which would already be in position for optimum draw). Fast as a holster, at least for most decently trained cc'ers.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Bill Jordan?

He taught that? I'd like to see a source for that.

I go by what Mas teaches...that proximity outweighs skill. And his (bg's) finger is already on the trigger (proximity to trigger).

Re: this scenario....I wouldnt call attention to myself. I wouldnt be a prime suspect as a woman. The logistics of a single guy searching people for weapons (otherwise, how would he know?) are not in his favor. I would wait for an opening and draw (from my purse which would already be in position for optimum draw). Fast as a holster, at least for most decently trained cc'ers.
    But could you being a woman make it worse for you? What if he wants to steal your purse?

Quote Originally Posted by opalelement View Post
    But could you being a woman make it worse for you? What if he wants to steal your purse?
    He would try to disarm the patrons before going after purses, wallets, jewelry, etc.

And I believe they'd think women would be less of a threat...so would watch for the chance to take advantage of that.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I am not giving up my gun...he is going to get double tapped before he ends his speech!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

In all honesty who would really demand every armed person draw at once and just hand their guns over? the second I saw everyone else drawing I'd hit the floor because it's gonna get ugly

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Is the G19 black or OD?
    Now that right there is funny.....I don't care who you are.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I wouldn't raise my hand and when he got distracted by watching the other CCWers lower their weapons then I would go for my handgun then. Someone with a firearm in their hand will definitely draw the eye of the requesting party, just like it does any LEOs, as they are an obvious potential immediate threat.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links