BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

This is a discussion on BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On your way home from work, you stop to run into the bank (or a store, or a restaurant, etc). You're finishing up your transaction ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

On your way home from work, you stop to run into the bank (or a store, or a restaurant, etc). You're finishing up your transaction when you hear a voice scream "Nobody move. Just keep cool and everyone gets out alive." You realize an young man with a Glock 19 is robbing the place. He gets everyone to one side of the building and says "Don't think about being a hero today. If you're carrying, raise your hand. One at a time, you're gonna slowly pull out your piece, put it on the floor and kick it over here. If I find anyone carrying a gun, you get to watch the person next to you die before it's your turn."

You're carrying and you have no idea who else may be. You might be the only one or there might be many more. What do you do? What variable change the answer - If he has a shotgun instead of the pistol? If there are two robbers?

Give him the gun and ammo...ammo first!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm sorry, but he won't get a chance to finish his little speech. About halfway through the second sentence, I start putting holes in him. I'm kind of impulsive like that; and I don't like being told what to do.

edit: haha, I like ret's answer, too!

Way too few details for this comlex a situation.
    Positions of everybody when you hear the threat?
    How many people?
    Position and distance of perp?
    Position and distance of lobby courtesy stations of any?
    People grouped in a group or a line as they are relocating?
    Position and distance of perp?

Yeah, he's pretty much getting blasted before he stops talking if he mentions anything about disarming ccw holders.

If he doesn't mention disarming ccw holders then I continue to evaluate the situation as to whether I interfere with his actions or not.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Yeah, he's pretty much getting blasted before he stops talking if he mentions anything about disarming ccw holders.

If he doesn't mention disarming ccw holders then I continue to evaluate the situation as to whether I interfere with his actions or not.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I will NOT give up my weapon. The line has been drawn at his request for me to do so. Now it's just a matter of how this situation is playing out as to when I engage. Two robbers definitely add to the difficulty of solving your dilema, but does not change the fact that I will not give up my weapon. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I will NOT give up my weapon. The line has been drawn at his request for me to do so. Now it's just a matter of how this situation is playing out as to when I engage. Two robbers definitely add to the difficulty of solving your dilema, but does not change the fact that I will not give up my weapon. JMO
    I agree, hence the need for details.
    I prefer not to get myself or anybody else killed if I can avoid it.
    Lacking details its going to be a "play it by ear" situation.

1. He has displayed a weapon and delivered a threat.
    2. If the guy next to me is carrying concealed and refuses to give up his weapon, then I may be the one who dies if I don't act immediately.
    3. There is no number 3 because I have already emptied my magazine into him and either he, me, or both of us are dead.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, it is possible that I may be killed with my own gun by a bad guy but he'll have to beat me to death with it because it will be out of bullets before he gets it.

Totally in agreement with all of the above
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Yeah, he's already talking way too much. If he has time to be so talkative then he has time to get shot.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Is the G19 black or OD?

too little information.
    And never give up your weapon.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

A young man with a glock 19.. holding it sideways, no doubt.. He's dead.

Next.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links