Defensive Carry banner

BG Orders All CCWs to Toss Their Weapons

7K views 95 replies 78 participants last post by  livewire 
#1 ·
On your way home from work, you stop to run into the bank (or a store, or a restaurant, etc). You're finishing up your transaction when you hear a voice scream "Nobody move. Just keep cool and everyone gets out alive." You realize an young man with a Glock 19 is robbing the place. He gets everyone to one side of the building and says "Don't think about being a hero today. If you're carrying, raise your hand. One at a time, you're gonna slowly pull out your piece, put it on the floor and kick it over here. If I find anyone carrying a gun, you get to watch the person next to you die before it's your turn."

You're carrying and you have no idea who else may be. You might be the only one or there might be many more. What do you do? What variable change the answer - If he has a shotgun instead of the pistol? If there are two robbers?

#4 ·
Way too few details for this comlex a situation.
Positions of everybody when you hear the threat?
How many people?
Position and distance of perp?
Position and distance of lobby courtesy stations of any?
People grouped in a group or a line as they are relocating?
Position and distance of perp?

#5 ·
Yeah, he's pretty much getting blasted before he stops talking if he mentions anything about disarming ccw holders.

If he doesn't mention disarming ccw holders then I continue to evaluate the situation as to whether I interfere with his actions or not.

#7 ·
I will NOT give up my weapon. The line has been drawn at his request for me to do so. Now it's just a matter of how this situation is playing out as to when I engage. Two robbers definitely add to the difficulty of solving your dilema, but does not change the fact that I will not give up my weapon. JMO

#9 ·
1. He has displayed a weapon and delivered a threat.
2. If the guy next to me is carrying concealed and refuses to give up his weapon, then I may be the one who dies if I don't act immediately.
3. There is no number 3 because I have already emptied my magazine into him and either he, me, or both of us are dead.

#33 ·
2. If the guy next to me is carrying concealed and refuses to give up his weapon, then I may be the one who dies if I don't act immediately.
3. There is no number 3 because I have already emptied my magazine into him and either he, me, or both of us are dead.

'Those who live by the sword die by the sword.'

But I agree with this post. If I have to die I might as well as take him down with me.

#12 ·
Yeah, he's already talking way too much. If he has time to be so talkative then he has time to get shot.

#17 ·
If it's OD, game on. It will jump out and shoot him before I can draw it!

#14 ·
too little information.
And never give up your weapon.

#16 ·
Give up your CC and now the BG has 2 or more weapons to do his bad deed with.

Fast double tap and look for his former accomplices, who are short one BG.

Given in and giving up CC is not a option.

#18 ·
He gets everyone to one side of the building and says
No, no he doesn't. Why, oh why, would anyone wait till they are on the wall? Everyone to the, bang, bang, oh crap, bang, thump. :dead:

#20 ·
He gets everyone to one side of the building
Stand still and say he told you not to move. When he says to move now, say "Okay, well then..." and pull out the gun. :comeandgetsome:

I like your order of events.

#22 ·
Use the scene from Blazing Saddles....and take yourself hostage....

#23 ·
There is no guarantee he wont shoot you if you give up your weapon,so i say shoot the moment he says "I have a gun and"....
Then i will be looking for an accomplice,whom i hope is running out the door by then.

#56 ·
youre right...this guy talks too much and i believe its gonna get him killed...immediately...

i dopnt believe in double taps...theyre for the movies...i believe he is making a big mistake asking people to raise their hands because i am rather certain a hand is going to be raised holding a glock quite similar to his except that this one will be distributing funds in his direction in the form of a wall of bullets...

i'm gonna need a bit more information but i dont think i'm intersted in him frisking me for a gun because i have a feeleing his own is gonna be in my gut while he does it...if he didnt ask for it he might just walk away with a bunch of bank cash...but if hes gonna make threats that arent related to taking the banks money i have to worry that his intentions are a bit beyond just holding a bank up...

#28 ·
Lesson One:

Do Not lose control of the weapon on your person.

Lesson Two:

Any questions are referred to Lesson One for an answer.

That should sum up the Q&A portion for most of us. :bier:

Biker

#30 ·
Unlikely scenario as no one would waste that much time. But playing what ifs, I'm not giving up my weapon, and will continue to evaluate the situation and act accordingly. If he goes for the cash and runs, I'll be a good witness and let the police do their job. If it looks like a hostage situation, I would look for my best opportunity.

#31 ·
I'd see what his reaction time is.:comeandgetsome:

Jerry Mickulek I am not, but he's still gotta beat 2.21 sec. to first shot, while trying to identify the threat (me) and I have surprise on my side.

(However I agree that in Realityland this is a very unlikely scenario.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.