LEO/Private Security scenario

This is a discussion on LEO/Private Security scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We are just getting into the SOP and it is being covered as to what to do with a team, we have not gotten to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO/Private Security scenario

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    We are just getting into the SOP and it is being covered as to what to do with a team, we have not gotten to the part about single man coverage yet, and my curiosity is getting higher and higher
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    It seems to me, although I'm not a protective detail kind of guy, that the pricipal is your one and only focus.

Thus, you do what you have to do to keep the principal safe. It appears that evacuating the principal should be the primary focus. Others can deal with neutralizing the threat. You need to be dealing with protecting the protectee.

Go look at the Reagan/Hinkley tapes. Even though Reagan was shot, look at what his protective detail did. He was covered by the body of a Secret Service Agent and pushed to the floor of the vehicle and evacuated from the scene. In my mind it doesn't get more "textbook" than that. Others were left to deal with the attacker.

Biker
    You are correct he had a protective detail and two of them were shot. In this senario given by the PO you are the only one with the principal and you are receiving fire. You must stop the threat.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Lead Moderator
    Better to learn from pros than asking on the 'net.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My suggestion would be to PM the couple guys on here that do that for a living. You're more likely to get a response. I'd like to hear what they say as well, but might not get a detailed post here.

Saying that, I'd assume that one a one man detail is going to do everything possible to get the principle out of there asap. I'm sure they'd engage any immediate threat, but I doubt they'll be chasing them down.

I know it's not the same, but think about it, aren't we on a sort of protective detail when we're out with our wives or children? It's a little different, but you get the point...think about what you'd do there if someone was a threat.

Keep them safe, hit hard and get them out of there.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    jon, i probabley should have thought of that
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    We are just getting into the SOP and it is being covered as to what to do with a team, we have not gotten to the part about single man coverage yet, and my curiosity is getting higher and higher
    Many options in this scenerio. I've done this type of work when I was young. I hope what I'm about to write makes sense. I think this is how I would play the enounter out.
    First and formost, get the Principal OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE. NO time to stand and fight. COVER as you evade the threat. If you have a vehicle with a driver, the Principal is forced in first, with YOU on top of them in order to protect their life. If near a building, and a one man detail, the principal goes in the door, thru the door, or thru a window if possible, with you following behind in order to continue protection. Once you're both covered by walls you may have a chance to gain a defensive position in order to end the threat, or continue to evade and protect.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links