What are your "hard, fast" rules? - Page 3

What are your "hard, fast" rules?

This is a discussion on What are your "hard, fast" rules? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wouldn't get into a car. I wouldn't give up my gun. If you force me to chose between your life and a life of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your "hard, fast" rules?

I wouldn't get into a car.
    I wouldn't give up my gun.
    If you force me to chose between your life and a life of one of my family members. You will lose.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

My gun never comes out of the holster, unless I have the need and intent to fire it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

the only rule is to make it home alive. If I'm staring down the barrels of several drawn guns, they can have the gun if it allows me go make it home ok with everyone i left home with. like clint once said, "man's got to know his limitations"

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Defuse the situation if at all possible, even if that means running away. But if you are left with no choice, fight with the fires of hell in your gut.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

3D
    For me too many 'hard & fast' rules rattling around in my old noggin might keep me in a reverie of constantly trying to remember them and use up too much of my 'processor'. I tend to go with this:

God grant me the SITUATIONAL AWARENESS to detect any deadly threat before it becomes imminent; the ability and means to EVADE it whenever I can; and the MINDSET to destroy it when I must.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Never ever wet your finger before putting it in a light socket.........

Once your in the car the BG has control of you and he is trying to get you to a place where you will be isolated.

I think one rule we have in common that separates us from the anti-gun crowd is "Never Say Never".

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Looking at some of the replies I quickly agreed with two of them and lo and behold they are 4 star members Thumper and retsupt99. Situational awareness is at the top of the list for me. As the 4 star members said, you just avoid and pay attention to the circumstances that will put you into an inconvenient situation. 68 years old and lived most of it in NY/NJ, NEVER had a need for anything approaching a firearm. Always a what if, but that is second-guessing something that should never have occurred in the first place, and just an argument for argument's sake

I have two boxers. They own the airspace OVER my house--if a bird flies by that they don't like, I know about it. Rule 1--when the boxers go ballistic, so do I. <g>
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I am boycotting Chicago other than that my SA is up and I access every situation that is presented to me as it comes......you sometimes really need to think outside the box.

Never second guess myself, when it comes time to shoot.... SHOOT!! Anyone worth shooting is worth shooting again, and again.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    For me too many 'hard & fast' rules rattling around in my old noggin might keep me in a reverie of constantly trying to remember them and use up too much of my 'processor'. I tend to go with this:

God grant me the SITUATIONAL AWARENESS to detect any deadly threat before it becomes imminent; the ability and means to EVADE it whenever I can; and the MINDSET to destroy it when I must.
    That is one good prayer, 3D!!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I have 1 rule. I NEVER run backwards naked into a door knob!!!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    my third and fourth rule.

Have gun, will carry
    If something is worth shooting, it is worth shooting twice, or three, or maybe even emptying the mag
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links