good thinking and correct use of a CC weapon

This is a discussion on good thinking and correct use of a CC weapon within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jcabin the school of common sense. apparently something that can be practiced in all the states... though some never took that class ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: good thinking and correct use of a CC weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    the school of common sense. apparently something that can be practiced in all the states... though some never took that class I see..

If someone of similar weight and height were to knock you to the ground and start kicking you, what would you do?
    Wow, similar height and weight does not matter, anyone has the ability regardless of size to beat someone to death. Common sense tells me that If I am being kicked, stomped and punched then I am in fear of my life.

2. Remove Ads

the school of common sense. apparently something that can be practiced in all the states... though some never took that class I see..
    You stated quite authoritavely that the person in the OP's scenario was not justified in his use of deadly force. If you're going to make proclamations like that expect to be asked to provide your credentials to make such claims

If someone of similar weight and height were to knock you to the ground and start kicking you, what would you do?
    Depends on the background, why did he attack me? Did he attack me or am I on the losing end of some crap I started? Is he wearing boots?

But assuming I was just randomly assualted I would fear for my life. One good kick to the neck could end it or the bad guy could crush my wind pipe, or damage my occipital lobe and blind me for life.

In many states, kicking someone who is on the ground with a shod foot is a felony, ADW.

Why is the fact that the victim in black relevant?
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMan218 View Post
    Why is the fact that the victim in black relevant?
    It's not really, but honestly I think it's OK that they mentioned it. It's not racially inflammatory and it shows people that it's not just "redneck white conservatives" who carry.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

You guys seem to be missing the definition needed to justify lethal force. If someone punches me multiple times, it may be felony assault. That doesn't mean I'm in fear for my life and that I would be justified in shooting that person.

This is scary, and people need to learn the law.
    I disagree, and I would further be concerned that I could be disarmed and the weapon used against me. If I'm assaulted, the buck WILL stop with me. I will be in fear for my life. I will defend my person.
    I will request the assistance of an attorney before talking with police.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds like Grady might of been in Seattle

Yep, I noticed that, too:
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish443 View Post
    Seattle Times-... The older man pulled out a .357-caliber Ruger revolver and fired one round, striking the man in the abdomen.
    Revolvers ain't dead yet.

Good shot, good stop.

And he was obviously carrying where he could access the weapon in an emergency.

Too bad it was necessary, but it sounds like it was necessary.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I disagree, and I would further be concerned that I could be disarmed and the weapon used against me. If I'm assaulted, the buck WILL stop with me. I will be in fear for my life. I will defend my person.
    I will request the assistance of an attorney before talking with police.
    Here is the problem. Your whole arguement is based off being disarmed. If you didn't have a gun, would you still feel a threat on your life was imminent?

Here is the problem. Your whole arguement is based off being disarmed. If you didn't have a gun, would you still feel a threat on your life was imminent?
    Having a gun wouldn't make or break my opinion on my life being in danger or not. A BG does not need a gun to kill you.

If local statutes allow resistance sufficient to stop an assault/attack, fear of death is not required.

VIP Member
    Jcabin - Just curious, when would you consider self-defense justified?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Moderator
    The older I get the less tolerant of stupidity and disrespect that I get. Its obvious the guy that got shot was a basket case. It was just a matter of time until he picked the wrong person to play billybadass with and he finally found him.

The guy was a trouble maker. He had NO respect, never learned it. As far as I'm concerned, he was no better than a dog that wants to take a bite out of someone just because they walk by. He was arrested for setting fire to a day care center, for crying out loud. In some states deadly force is authorized to prevent arson. My state is, even California is. He was lucky that the right guy didn't see him attempting it. He sets the house of his mother on fire and attacked her. What kind of animal does that?

Those are just the things that we know about. Lets not forget that usually by the time someone gets arrested for domestic assault, that it usually occurs dozens of times before they ever get caught.
    For a man to brazenly attack pedestrians, proves that he was off his rocker.

As far as I'm concerned he deserved to get shot. Another scumbag bits the dust and society has one less problem to deal with.
    I'd like to buy the shooter a drink.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

RKM
    I think the fact that that he was older being attacked by a younger man DOES make it more justifiable than if the two were the same age. Not saying that it wouldn't be justifiable if they were in fact the same age. Age, in my opinon does matter. If a 7 year old kid came at me with a baseball bat, I may take one weak hit, but I could probably easily disarm him without putting two round of .45 into the kids chest. Imagine what that'd look like to a jury. Could 7 year old kid KILL me with a baseball bat? Well, yeah. But I doubt I'd have to use deadly force to stop it and protect my life.

With that said, I think age does affect this. I don't disagree with what the man did. Good for him! He's alive and there is one less peice of garbage for the world to worry about.

That's just what I think :)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You need to leave all your weapons at home under lock and key. It's obvious you don't know when or how to use them.

if someone is clearly beating my ass while I am on the ground already defeated clearly this is self defense. age doesn't matter,t his isn't some bar brawl where we are throwing some punches at each other...i'm on the ground being stomped! this can kill me or cripple me!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links