Road Rage - How Would You React? - Page 2

Road Rage - How Would You React?

This is a discussion on Road Rage - How Would You React? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i dont get why he sat there and waited for the guy to approach the car....the whole story doesnt make much sense to me and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i dont get why he sat there and waited for the guy to approach the car....the whole story doesnt make much sense to me and there seems to be too much missing....i would have to believe that the article would have mentioned the car stalling again to place the victim in a position where he was defensless...but window down?...outside the vehicle?...it just doesnt add up...

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Don't know what I'd have done in this posted situation - but I don't think I'd have gotten cut.

A few years ago I was pulling out of my driveway onto the main road - looking both ways I was sure it was clear - I pulled out and someone came up on my behind going way over the speed limit for that to have happened to me - I was going the posted speed limit - he got right on my bumper and stayed there - I was off duty but had my badge on my belt - I pulled my badge off my belt & held it up so he could see it and I slowly shook my head left to right as in saying "don't do it" - he slowed down & kept his distance after that - nothing else to report.
    For God, Family and Country!

I agree with others, it appears that there is some, if not much missing from the story.
    Me
    Start driving toward the PD, call 911 and advise of the incident and location and direction toward the PD. Had enough pursuits, I don't see one car getting me boxed in, but I will not be travelling at high speed anyway. If he escalates befor arriving at PD, respond accordingly.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What 3D said.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I wouldn't have stopped at all. If he followed me then I would have allowed him to follow me to the police station!!

I have sympathy for the victim, although I suspect a lot has been left out.

When I was 16 and a new driver, I was acting like a total jerk while driving. A guy followed me, I took a wrong turn, and found myself stuck with no where to go, no where to turn and him behind me. It was Tucson in the summer & I had no AC, so my windows were down.

This was back when Arnuld was still competing and bodybuilding was rare. Out of the car came a guy with arms the size of my chest and a waist the size of my thigh. He reached in, pulled me halfway out the window with one hand, and said:

"Two years ago, I would have killed you. I used to have problems with anger, but I'm much better now. But some guys aren't nice like I am now. What you did was bad...don't you agree?"

Happily he was shaking me forward and back, so my head was bouncing in the appropriate direction to show total agreement. He pulled me a bit further thru the window, then dropped me back in my seat. As he walked away he said, "Remember - some guys aren't nice like me!"

Don't know where that dude is now, but I owe him some thanks. I grew up a lot in 15 seconds.

So yes, you can drive to a spot where you can't get away. And in this case, I guess the guy wasn't 'nice', like the gorilla I met in the early 70s...

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsms View Post
    I have sympathy for the victim, although I suspect a lot has been left out.

When I was 16 and a new driver, I was acting like a total jerk while driving. A guy followed me, I took a wrong turn, and found myself stuck with no where to go, no where to turn and him behind me. It was Tucson in the summer & I had no AC, so my windows were down.

This was back when Arnuld was still competing and bodybuilding was rare. Out of the car came a guy with arms the size of my chest and a waist the size of my thigh. He reached in, pulled me halfway out the window with one hand, and said:

"Two years ago, I would have killed you. I used to have problems with anger, but I'm much better now. But some guys aren't nice like I am now. What you did was bad...don't you agree?"

Happily he was shaking me forward and back, so my head was bouncing in the appropriate direction to show total agreement. He pulled me a bit further thru the window, then dropped me back in my seat. As he walked away he said, "Remember - some guys aren't nice like me!"

Don't know where that dude is now, but I owe him some thanks. I grew up a lot in 15 seconds.

So yes, you can drive to a spot where you can't get away. And in this case, I guess the guy wasn't 'nice', like the gorilla I met in the early 70s...
    i got a lesson like that in a bar at 18...facing the business end of a knife...you do grow up fast when you run into nice people who have found creative ways to manage their anger....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links