Voter Intimidation - Page 3

Voter Intimidation

This is a discussion on Voter Intimidation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by varob That's all right, all the intimidation in the world wouldn't get this guy reelected. What are our chances of running into ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voter Intimidation

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    That's all right, all the intimidation in the world wouldn't get this guy reelected.
    What are our chances of running into these militants on a voting booth in our state? Better yet, I'll also bring my handheld Surefire 6P Defender w/ me as an extra one.

Where I live, slim to none. But possibly in the more urban areas.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    That's all right, all the intimidation in the world wouldn't get this guy reelected.
    I wouldn't be so quick to call that until we see the alternatives
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

It's too bad I live in the city. But I got my hurt bombs (referring to my flashlights) just in case.

I've already walked through picket lines to work before. I don't see how this is much different. I'll get my vote in.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This will my second time voting at a voting booth. I haven't seen any intimidation problems. It might happen this time. As for my voting history, I have voted mostly absentee when I was deployed as I am in the military.

By letting the Black Panthers get away with this I wouldn't be surprised if they show up at the next election.
    I have to stop here or I'll get points.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think anyone should use intimadation as a tool for elections, but people get worked up over what? did they beat anyone down?? I live right in the sticks and I go a firehall to vote. There are big lifted pickup trucks rebel flags and lots of good ole country boys sitting outside every year. I see pocket knives and some open carry guys. What I am getting at is I don't care! unless you are acually threatening me or getting violent you have every right to be were ever you like. I am a hard core Rep. and also a Black man. People let what they fear control them and the people that want to control you feed off that!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed with night sticks (who knows what weapons were concealed). The question is what would you do in this situation?

You are walking into your polling place and are verbally accosted by these thugs. As you enter one gets in your face and threatens you. Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there. WHAT DO YOU DO?
    Laugh at the moron.
    Followed by, "get out of my way............."

I would go in and vote. I'm not going to be intimidated by anyone. Trying to intimidate people and physically stopping them from voting are two way different things. If they want to physically stop me or beat me up when I leave to prove their point , well then they will be going to jail and I will be talking to a lawyer about a civil suit.

Well, first of all, if I see people dressed in quasi "paramilitary" garb with berets and black jackets with trousers bloused around combat boots holding clubs, sticks or batons, I would observe their actions before I actually approached them myself. Paying lip service is one thing, and actually whacking people over the head with their club is something else entirely. If I see them laying hands on anyone, I'm photographing it and calling the police.

When the police arrive, I will swear out a complaint and then go vote. If all they are doing is standing there looking stupid and providing no more than lip service to people I'll just walk around them and go vote. They can say what they want, but they ain't following me into the voting place and casting my vote for me, so they have no way of knowing who I voted for anyway.

If, while observing them interact with other voters and all they are doing is providing lip service, but that is enough to scare people away and not vote even though they never physically attacked or touched them, that is still voter intimidation and I would more than likely photograph and call the police.

I am not going to be intimidated by thugs at polling places. If a couple of thugs are just standing around looking tough, I'm not going to sweat it too much, but if I witness them actually getting people to turn away by their actions or demeanor, I will notify the police.

Regardless, they aren't keeping me from voting.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I suppose I could just pretend to be one of them, high five them as a pass and go in and vote anyways :p
    lol @ the Scooby Doo tactic. :-) Classic!

I'm glad you posted this scenario because I was thinking about this earlier today.

They aren't intimidating me, I'm going to vote one way or the other. I concur with carrying a flashlight since it is legal and I would definitely call the Sheriff if I felt threatened. I can't personally see this happening here, I think they would be run off or arrested not long after their arrival. I can't believe they were allowed to do it where they did, I would imagine that billy clubs, etc. are considered weapons and banned from the voting area the same as firearms are, etc.

This type of thing infuriates me for it is nothing more than domestic terrorism. Isn't it bad enough we have to be on guard against Militant Muslims but this crap too??

VIP Member
    This one is easy. Tell them anything they want to hear. Then go vote for your pick. On the way out give them a thumbs up. On the way home call the police and report them.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    getting video, calling the police, filing complaints- It's ALL been done!

But, BHO's DOJ refuses to do anything about it.

I would just go vote- "Nobody" can intimidate you IF you WILL NOT be intimidated.

BTW; I have extended an invitation (on another forum) to have these people come to my voting precinct. However, I sure they they will NOT come. I think they just feel safer to act like idiots in the "Land of Sheeple".

They "definitely" would NOT want to meet our local welcoming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    What are our chances of running into these militants on a voting booth in our state? Better yet, I'll also bring my handheld Surefire 6P Defender w/ me as an extra one.
    In my state, it could definitely happen in the Kansas City, St. Louis and maybe Columbia, and Joplin areas.

Where I live... It ain't gonna happen. They'd be arrested and removed about 5 minutes after they arrived.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links