Defensive Carry banner

Voter Intimidation

3K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  unloved 
#1 ·
I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed with night sticks (who knows what weapons were concealed). The question is what would you do in this situation?

You are walking into your polling place and are verbally accosted by these thugs. As you enter one gets in your face and threatens you. Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there. WHAT DO YOU DO?

#3 ·
First, avoid, retreat and summon authorities. Then go vote while the "thug" is being detained for questioning.

I do have a question though. You posted this,
Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there.
Are you referring to state or federal law here?

Biker

#14 ·
First, avoid, retreat and summon authorities. Then go vote while the "thug" is being detained for questioning.

I do have a question though. You posted this, Are you referring to state or federal law here?

Biker
FL state law prohibits firearms in polling places. Can't speak for TX.

#7 ·
I might see if there is someone with a cell phone willing to film me going past the guy. If he tries to block me, I want evidence proving what happens. Then we fight.

If I'm losing, I'll try to get away. Maybe I won't lose...no harm in fighting dirty. It might also help to arrange your own back-up first: you cover me when I go in, and I'll cover you. Get the odds in your favor if things get ugly. If my wife was with me, let her stay by the car & gun ready to help. Of course, in Philly, the cops would arrest me and I'd be convicted regardless of the evidence. Where I live, the 'panther' would be surrounded by 'hunters' pretty quick like!

#8 ·
Well I got bad news for all of you. Obama's minion in the Justice Dept, Eric Holder, announced that they will NOT prosecute the New Black Panthers. Obama and Holder seem to feel that black on white crime isn't really crime. More change you can believe in. Remember, Obama stated in his book that "black people have a reason to hate".

#11 ·
I was thinking of the New Black Panther Party and the occurances of voter intimidation when I read this thread.

All I can say is, I hold the right to vote as sacred, and will kill to defend my right to vote. Sadly however the politicians don't hold the same view and I would lose my right to vote if such happened. I'm not going to worry about it though, as I think this country is doomed.

Biker

#12 ·
Why haven't national media outlets reported on the vile and violent rants of the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) thugs whose 2008 voter intimidation tactics got a pass from the Obama administration?

Simple: Radical black racism doesn't fit the Hope and Change narrative. There's no way to shoehorn Bush-bashing into the story. And, let's face it, exposing the inflammatory rhetoric of the left does nothing to help liberal editors and reporters fulfill their true calling — embarrassing the right.

Last week, Justice Department whistleblower J. Christian Adams came forward with damning public testimony about how Obama officials believe "civil rights law should not be enforced in a race-neutral manner, and should never be enforced against blacks or other national minorities."

In the wake of Adams' expose on how the Obama DOJ abandoned default judgments against the NBPP bullies for the sake of politically correct racial politics, a shocking video clip of one of the lead defendants in the Philadelphia voter intimidation case resurfaced on the Internet. It shows bloodthirsty King Samir Shabazz during a 2009 National Geographic documentary interview spewing:

"You want freedom? You're gonna have to kill some crackers! You're gonna have to kill some of their babies!"
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=539846&obref=outbrain

#13 ·
I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed with night sticks (who knows what weapons were concealed). The question is what would you do in this situation?

You are walking into your polling place and are verbally accosted by these thugs. As you enter one gets in your face and threatens you. Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there. WHAT DO YOU DO?
Call the police, then vote. If possible, enter with someone else (a witness). Have charges pressed for the verbal threat. Many things you could do.Their presence inside the polling place would be illegal. We have a sheriff's deputy or Security officer at every polling place (mainly to keep the sign-waving idiots away).

Or you can move to a more civilized community.

#42 ·
lol @ the Scooby Doo tactic. :) Classic!

I'm glad you posted this scenario because I was thinking about this earlier today.

They aren't intimidating me, I'm going to vote one way or the other. I concur with carrying a flashlight since it is legal and I would definitely call the Sheriff if I felt threatened. I can't personally see this happening here, I think they would be run off or arrested not long after their arrival. I can't believe they were allowed to do it where they did, I would imagine that billy clubs, etc. are considered weapons and banned from the voting area the same as firearms are, etc.

This type of thing infuriates me for it is nothing more than domestic terrorism. Isn't it bad enough we have to be on guard against Militant Muslims but this crap too??

#19 ·
The New Black Idiots Party would never dare do that crap here. We would not put up with it. If law enforcement did nothing, the people would, and I do not mean just white people.

#22 ·
Nothing would prevent me from voting but, if anybody is hesitant about going to their polling place to vote then do it by Absentee Ballot.

Also try going early AKA right when the polls open. The Black Panthers probably don't even get out of bed until 12:00 NOON. :biggrin2:

#24 ·
offer him a delicious piece of water melon bubble gum , not cause it raciest just because its the most flavorful bubble gum in the entire world , and will take his or her mind off malicious hate-related attacks , then would go vote , exit and find said black panther and invite to mine for a delicious dinner and wine ,
now if were the kkk , well then its a whole nother bag of peaches . in that case i would offer mayonnaise bubble gums .....

"(who knows what weapons were concealed)."

more bigger night sticks ???

hate stems from fear

fear not hate not

#25 ·
Im voting....They can yell, scream, call me names, Im still going to walk thru them and vote. Concealed means concealed.

#26 ·
Say "Congradulations, you just completely decided me on who to vote for and who not to, I was going to flip a coin" Then walk in a vote while they're trying to figure out who you're going to vote for.

#27 ·
I'd go ahead and vote....then maybe get some video of their attempts at intimidation....

#28 ·
I am going to vote, bloody or not, voting is my right, and I will exercise my rights lest I lose them.

#29 ·
I also found the carrying ring that I used to put on my gunbelt (did some military policewrok then) for my 3-D Cell flashlight. I am bringing that with me on voting day and it is not against the law to carry it anywhere. I will carry the police flashlight for that occasion. Time to bust some Panther heads and cajones if push comes to shove and calling the cops would be feasable. Even if I am overpowered, I will make sure to take some of them with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.