Voter Intimidation

Voter Intimidation

This is a discussion on Voter Intimidation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Voter Intimidation

I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed with night sticks (who knows what weapons were concealed). The question is what would you do in this situation?

You are walking into your polling place and are verbally accosted by these thugs. As you enter one gets in your face and threatens you. Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Go on in and vote. Also unless there are metal dectors or people with wands I will be armed and defend myself.
    Semper Fi

First, avoid, retreat and summon authorities. Then go vote while the "thug" is being detained for questioning.

I do have a question though. You posted this,
    Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there.
    Are you referring to state or federal law here?

Biker

Most of the polling places up here are in schools, making ccw a problem re state laws.

I doubt if the thug would use the weapon.. I would call 911 and see how long it would take them to round up the thugs.

I would go inside and vote
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I might see if there is someone with a cell phone willing to film me going past the guy. If he tries to block me, I want evidence proving what happens. Then we fight.

If I'm losing, I'll try to get away. Maybe I won't lose...no harm in fighting dirty. It might also help to arrange your own back-up first: you cover me when I go in, and I'll cover you. Get the odds in your favor if things get ugly. If my wife was with me, let her stay by the car & gun ready to help. Of course, in Philly, the cops would arrest me and I'd be convicted regardless of the evidence. Where I live, the 'panther' would be surrounded by 'hunters' pretty quick like!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Well I got bad news for all of you. Obama's minion in the Justice Dept, Eric Holder, announced that they will NOT prosecute the New Black Panthers. Obama and Holder seem to feel that black on white crime isn't really crime. More change you can believe in. Remember, Obama stated in his book that "black people have a reason to hate".
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Not a problem I can envision up here.

A nice quick four knuckled chop to the larynx and casually walk away while the guy tries to regain his breath....(not a lethal chop now, just a good solid one)

I was thinking of the New Black Panther Party and the occurances of voter intimidation when I read this thread.

All I can say is, I hold the right to vote as sacred, and will kill to defend my right to vote. Sadly however the politicians don't hold the same view and I would lose my right to vote if such happened. I'm not going to worry about it though, as I think this country is doomed.

Biker

Why haven't national media outlets reported on the vile and violent rants of the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) thugs whose 2008 voter intimidation tactics got a pass from the Obama administration?

Simple: Radical black racism doesn't fit the Hope and Change narrative. There's no way to shoehorn Bush-bashing into the story. And, let's face it, exposing the inflammatory rhetoric of the left does nothing to help liberal editors and reporters fulfill their true calling — embarrassing the right.

Last week, Justice Department whistleblower J. Christian Adams came forward with damning public testimony about how Obama officials believe "civil rights law should not be enforced in a race-neutral manner, and should never be enforced against blacks or other national minorities."

In the wake of Adams' expose on how the Obama DOJ abandoned default judgments against the NBPP bullies for the sake of politically correct racial politics, a shocking video clip of one of the lead defendants in the Philadelphia voter intimidation case resurfaced on the Internet. It shows bloodthirsty King Samir Shabazz during a 2009 National Geographic documentary interview spewing:

"You want freedom? You're gonna have to kill some crackers! You're gonna have to kill some of their babies!"
    http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...obref=outbrain
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I'm sure most everyone has seen the story of the New Black Panthers attempting to intimidate voters during the last presidential election. Some were armed with night sticks (who knows what weapons were concealed). The question is what would you do in this situation?

You are walking into your polling place and are verbally accosted by these thugs. As you enter one gets in your face and threatens you. Obviously your carry peice is in your vehicle because it is illegal to carry there. WHAT DO YOU DO?
    Call the police, then vote. If possible, enter with someone else (a witness). Have charges pressed for the verbal threat. Many things you could do.Their presence inside the polling place would be illegal. We have a sheriff's deputy or Security officer at every polling place (mainly to keep the sign-waving idiots away).

Or you can move to a more civilized community.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    First, avoid, retreat and summon authorities. Then go vote while the "thug" is being detained for questioning.

I do have a question though. You posted this, Are you referring to state or federal law here?

Biker
    FL state law prohibits firearms in polling places. Can't speak for TX.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No matter what happens, I will end up in the booth voting.
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links