Home Intruders Shot By Tulsa Apartment Resident

This is a discussion on Home Intruders Shot By Tulsa Apartment Resident within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We should start a grass roots movement called "Fight back" and hold people like this lady up as the model. Nice job!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Intruders Shot By Tulsa Apartment Resident

We should start a grass roots movement called "Fight back" and hold people like this lady up as the model. Nice job!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Make sure that your HD setup has strong options at close hand in every room. If you can't get to a gun, what else do you have on tap? What else are you skilled in using?
    A large caliber dog. Every home should have one.

If you can't get to a gun, what else do you have on tap? What else are you skilled in using?
    against a screw driver? My body
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    See that time spent at the range pays off.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Bravo Zulu!

Poor (possiably?) SA allowed these two air-wasters access into the home (not too tacticaly sound). Woman complies initially and surrenders money(good thinking sense the BG's have the upper-hand). O2 wasters decide they want more......Female resident decides to fight ATP(Good Girl!). Boyfriend is woke up by the tussle and is engaged by our O2 wasters. Resident pulls her sidearm after thier attention is off her (very tacticaly sound) and makes two head shots, one COM shot, and leg shot......four hits and scoring a KIA.

Under duress and engeged she kept it together and survived!

As for that "comply and save me paperwork" tool, .............nevermind. Well maybe we could give his 'boss' an email or call.......?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Excellent shooting, and excellent outcome. I was especially impressed that she managed to NOT hit her boyfriend who was fighting with the bad guys.
    Since the second BG also has a head wound this would seem to be the perfect time to perform a frontal lobatomy and save society the hassle of having to arrest and try this scum bag every couple of years for the rest of his worthless life.

I guess tommorows paper will be running the article with quotes from the dead BG's mother saying how he was a good boy that was trying to turn his life around.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Excellent shooting, and excellent outcome. I was especially impressed that she managed to NOT hit her boyfriend who was fighting with the bad guys.
    Since the second BG also has a head wound this would seem to be the perfect time to perform a frontal lobatomy and save society the hassle of having to arrest and try this scum bag every couple of years for the rest of his worthless life.

I guess tommorows paper will be running the article with quotes from the dead BG's mother saying how he was a good boy that was trying to turn his life around.
    Well put Ted,

Im glad she got off the X and took these idiots out.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Oh..He said to comply with the intruders. I'll make sure to make a mental note of that.
    “Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.”
    - Ronald Reagan

just comply rather than resist.

just comply rather than resist.??

That was the old advice given in Police training tapes, not any more "Go nut-so!!" If he kills you, DNA under finger nails, and stuck in teeth!

She most likely did the one inch distance to target trick, that works.
    Last edited by Scouse; July 16th, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

She most likely did the one inch distance to target trick, that works.
    what?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I don't know how this fight went down, but in this situation, she had every right to pull her gun, take a couple of steps, place the muzzle against the back of the BG's head and blow his brains out with the muzzle flash. And then repeat, if able.

Some people respond to a situation like this with fear. Some just get really pissed. I'm guessing she ended up in category 2.

I wish I knew what caliber she was using, but I suspect .380. If she'd been using .38 spl +P or better we'd have had an even better outcome.
    I'm just curious how you came to that conclusion? Do you base that statement on any documented evidence or just what you think regarding calibers.

I can assure you people have been shot in the head with .38 spl, and even 9mm with no more than a superficial wound. I've also seen quite a few people dropped instantly with a .22 LR shot to the head. It has more to do with bone density where they were shot and the angle of trajectory when the bullet strikes the bone than to do with caliber.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I'm just curious how you came to that conclusion? Do you base that statement on any documented evidence or just what you think regarding calibers.

I can assure you people have been shot in the head with .38 spl, and even 9mm with no more than a superficial wound. I've also seen quite a few people dropped instantly with a .22 LR shot to the head. It has more to do with bone density where they were shot and the angle of trajectory when the bullet strikes the bone than to do with caliber.
    I saw something in the news today where a guy was killed with a .22.

I'm glad things worked out well for this lady. It sounds like she had some range time in. It says a lot about keeping your calm under duress. Is there any way to train for this? Are there training techniques that will teach you to remain calm under extreme duress?

The woman initially cooperated, but when one intruder told her to undress, she pulled a snub-nosed revolver from her purse and shot him, police said.

A struggle for the gun broke out, and her boyfriend tried to help, police said.

Although she took blows to her head, the woman was able to shoot the other intruder. She fired five shots in all, Yates said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/c...0_Adoubl946491

at a girl!
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links