12:00 give me your money !

This is a discussion on 12:00 give me your money ! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; armed tbbabg ( trained ,big, bad ,a** bad, guy ) ," give me your money ! " gun in face , 2 inches out u ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12:00 give me your money !

12:00 give me your money !

armed tbbabg ( trained ,big, bad ,a** bad, guy ) ," give me your money ! " gun in face , 2 inches out
    u carry at 12:00 what do you do ?
    he is solid , one hand on the gun , ready stance , aggressive , and seems to have training ... left hand up and ready for what you might have , eyes to kill ,gun is at your head , your gut says u lost , your pride is in your pants
    he wants no b.s. as much as he wants your money !
    you have fear for your life , much fear !
    what is your call ?

no inter web hero answers , really , you soiled your drawers now what ?

me thanks... " please lower the gun , i am turning to give you my wallet , just take it , please , please , sir ..... take it ...... as i turn my back .....

if you carry at a better o'clock and can defend , please do tell ....

where is popcorn eating smilie ?

2. Remove Ads

From 3 o'clock carry, DATD.

draw and take down ??
    forgive

well written in fact i have read it , thanks
    very krav ....
    lots of holes
    the time for u to blade (which you should already be there in my opinion ) and move, at 2 inches from your temple from a trained man , dont know ???//with verbal distractions , ready set go !?? tell ya what if its me taking you down and want you money -desperate , you so much as quiver a word at gun point u get a good back hand pistol wip to the noggin , quick sticks ,
    this is not a execution , just a trained person pointing down on you , ?

i dont know , and its a common thing , i mean thugs have the inter web as well !

not knocking your answer just dont know , looking for info !

my first bid is tun my back , take the money yourself ....... i know .....

Blading is secondary with the gun pointed at your head. You can move your head quicker than you can blade your body.
    Not sure if I included it, but I've done it for real.
    It could come down to attributes, you have to see and react faster than I can move.

If you are asking what to do then you obviously are not trained how to respond to a weapon in your face and therefore, trying to pull your gun will likely get you killed.

I recommend either get professional training and practice what you learn or give the dude your money and hope for the best. Most stick up artists don't just shoot their victims... But some do, and you are betting your life that's he's one who won't.

DATD = Draw Against The Drop, which means, you are gonna draw your gun and fire against a guy who already has the drop on you.

Yes, it can be done. Yes, it has been done, countless times successfully. In real life. And if you are not trained and practice how to do it, I may just be the last thing you try in your life.

Even if you are trained and practice it, it still may be the last thing you try in your life. There are no guarantees in life, are there?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

In Krav, we were told you have an 80% chance of failing at that maneuver and getting killed. If done perfectly, you will always beat the person because it takes longer for the nerves to fire in their brain telling them to press the trigger than it takes for you to get out of the way and engage. 80% of the time, it's not done perfectly.

It would depend on the circumstances, location, present company, and frankly how I felt that day. It's also a reason to carry a BUG in your back pocket.

In the real world, it probably would be wise to give up your money and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    In the real world, it probably would be wise to give up your money and hope for the best.
    In the scenario given above I agree.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    even if done successfully there is a high probablility you will be shot...seldom does one shot take down an aggressor and even with poor reaction time the chances are great he will put at least one into you during the exchange....there is a better chance of survival if you are the first to put metal on meat and continue to do so until the threat is stopped...but expect pain when the adrenal rush is over...youre probably gonna have holes in you...

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    If you are asking what to do then you obviously are not trained how to respond to a weapon in your face and therefore, trying to pull your gun will likely get you killed.

I recommend either get professional training and practice what you learn or give the dude your money and hope for the best. Most stick up artists don't just shoot their victims... But some do, and you are betting your life that's he's one who won't.

DATD = Draw Against The Drop, which means, you are gonna draw your gun and fire against a guy who already has the drop on you.

Yes, it can be done. Yes, it has been done, countless times successfully. In real life. And if you are not trained and practice how to do it, I may just be the last thing you try in your life.

Even if you are trained and practice it, it still may be the last thing you try in your life. There are no guarantees in life, are there?
    Agree 100%. If you are not ready to accept the possibility that your action my be a lethal risk, you should not respond with force.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    In Krav, we were told you have an 80% chance of failing at that maneuver and getting killed. If done perfectly, you will always beat the person because it takes longer for the nerves to fire in their brain telling them to press the trigger than it takes for you to get out of the way and engage. 80% of the time, it's not done perfectly.

It would depend on the circumstances, location, present company, and frankly how I felt that day. It's also a reason to carry a BUG in your back pocket.
    I'd say 80% is conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    even if done successfully there is a high probablility you will be shot...seldom does one shot take down an aggressor and even with poor reaction time the chances are great he will put at least one into you during the exchange....there is a better chance of survival if you are the first to put metal on meat and continue to do so until the threat is stopped...but expect pain when the adrenal rush is over...youre probably gonna have holes in you...
    See a theme here?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    See a theme here?
    Yep, pretty much...give up the $$$ and quietly pray...not really another choice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I do close quarter gun grab training in my self defense class, I'm probably faster at taking control of the gun hand than I am at DATD (which i've no training in) i'm fairly certain I can get my head off the target and grab his wrist faster than he can pull a trigger (reaction time)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    You may be. And if so, that will influence your actions. Most folks, sadly, are not so trained.

I would recommend that you find a way to try it with simunitions, paint ball or at least airsoft sometime though. Even a slow/soft projectile rather than just a static exercise may show weaknesses you were not aware of.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links