*VIDEO* Guy gets attacked & robbed at the ATM There are lessons to be learned here..

This is a discussion on *VIDEO* Guy gets attacked & robbed at the ATM There are lessons to be learned here.. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Grandma, it looks like the attacker had a blade in his right hand. You see him pull an item from his pocket several times and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *VIDEO* Guy gets attacked & robbed at the ATM There are lessons to be learned here..

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Grandma, it looks like the attacker had a blade in his right hand. You see him pull an item from his pocket several times and put it in the victims face.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Want to know the Number 1 Lesson Learned? Try having enough money on you, particularly in the evening, and avoid ATM's--they are just waiting for a real bad what if. They cost you a fee, and they are dangerous advertisements for robbery. Never have, never will--guess what---no what if.

well....

I would like to think that once I got up, collected myself, and got back into my vehicle...I would have ran that piece of crap over, then stomped him until I couldn't raise my leg anymore.

...maybe that isn't a lesson that I necessarily learned, but had to be said none the less.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    all i could think of while the victim lay on the ground was how open the attackers knees were to take him down and beat the living crap out of him...the guy completely took his attention off the victim multiple times and was well within striking distance...this guy would have had his knees removed and his testicles in his throat before i even thought about how i was going to rearrange his cranium and facial features...

i was kind of surprised by the way the victim blew the approaching guy off also...turned his and looked then took all of his attention off the attacker...empty sidewalk and someone coming directly at him...

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Stay away from walk-up ATM's and get a DEBIT CARD!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Many places are still Cash only or have a Minimum for cards (not going by the rules)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Darn it. Link blocked here at work.
    For God, Family and Country!

Control Your Surroundings

As one person mentioned, this guy is in LaLa land as most people are as they go about their day-by-day routines/chores.

People you have to control your situation/surroundings whenever possible. If you need to go to a ATM, go to one in a populated area/main ave. There are some you can access a lock door by using your ATM card to enter, so once your in your secured, no one can just open the door and enter.

Mundane habitual things we perform with a mindset of mediocre is when we're vulnerable which many people do in what should be HIGH ALERT situations. If you're putting yourself in HARMS-WAY... do it by taking Advantage of all possible options. Go to ATM in a secured area, ATM machines are everywhere today (Supermarkets), go to a public area, go with two or three individuals. These same tactics apply even if your armed, i don't want to shoot someone just because i went to withdraw 20,50, or 200 hundred dollars... Be in control of your surroundings, think about your situation... If you have DOUBT... there is NO DOUBT.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    I would like to think that once I got up, collected myself, and got back into my vehicle...I would have ran that piece of crap over, then stomped him until I couldn't raise my leg anymore....maybe that isn't a lesson that I necessarily learned, but had to be said none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    all i could think of while the victim lay on the ground was how open the attackers knees were to take him down and beat the living crap out of him...the guy completely took his attention off the victim multiple times and was well within striking distance...this guy would have had his knees removed and his testicles in his throat before i even thought about how i was going to rearrange his cranium and facial features...
    i was kind of surprised by the way the victim blew the approaching guy off also...turned his and looked then took all of his attention off the attacker...empty sidewalk and someone coming directly at him...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YES^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But was as noted, this was most likely, in NOT-so Great Britain, where the person who was the victim of a crime, has been taught that if you so much as inflict any harm or God forbid kill the person threatening you, YOU will be the one who pays the piper.
    Sucks to live in that jungle.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Let's say you were still blind-sided, would you have pulled and shot him from the ground? What about the legal implications there? A California Prosecutor could say you shot an unarmed man (especially if it was on camera)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links