worst case scenario - Page 2

worst case scenario

This is a discussion on worst case scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I/wife are danger close, assault through the ambush utilizing cover and overwhelming aggression. If not, egress utilizing cover and accurate suppression (if feasible). You're ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: worst case scenario

If I/wife are danger close, assault through the ambush utilizing cover and overwhelming aggression.

If not, egress utilizing cover and accurate suppression (if feasible).

You're probably going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Is she a yeti? I'm in the poconos ;)
    nope shes a guny goo goo ---- if any one remembers that !!! eddie murphy

and we big feets vacation in alaska in the summer , too damn hot on the east coast

What are they shooting? Handguns? Long arms?

With the critically injured significant other, all I would hope to do is find cover for us and save my ammo (35 9mm rounds) for anyone that found us/approached us. Hopefully it will be somewhere where the opening would limit how many could aim at us at one time....sometimes you get a little lucky, sometimes you dont. (In my response, doesnt really matter what their weapons are...I'd probably have to act the same. Just curious.)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    best answer so far goes to guantes
    +1! I Strongly agree with this
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    best answer so far goes to guantes
    ^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too many variables
    I would not be venturing out with a 1911.

And yes,, you are probably going to die.Take as many out as possible.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Take the stairs down.
    Most stair wells (fire exit type) have a door at ground level that only opens from the inside. Unless you are unlucky enough to have one that also opens onto the lobby you now have one angle to defend (stairs) and a path of retreat if you decide you can not hold your position. Get on the cell phone to 9-1-1 give relevant info. You are now in a position to let the SWAT team in behind the bad guys.
    If you are fortunate enough to take a BG or more down, take their weapons and upgrade your own and arm the rest of your group.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    You are downtown in a large city, with your girlfriend/significant other/spouse/boyfriend/whatever. You are also in a medium to large group of 10-15 friends and you are the only one with training in how to defend yourself. Any further references to the spouse/etc will be said as girlfriend just to make it easier for me to type. Three men are walking through the area, and they suddenly begin targeting people at will. You duck into a nearby building and attempt to hide by moving into the stairwells.

* The rest of the party moved into the stairwells. I remained at the entrance and killed two of the three shooters and the third retreated down the street.

You hear the sounds of gunshots coming closer and closer, and you can hear heavy boots coming down the stairwell.

* From cover of the corner at the bottom of the stairwell I shoot two of the three who fall down the stairs. The third retreats up the stairs. I recover the AK's and the handguns from the two at the bottom of the stairs. I give one of the AK's to an ex marine in the group and keep one for myself. The two handguns from the bg's I give to two of the group who are olympic pistol shooters.

Three more men come running down the stairwell shooting randomly, three members of your party are killed by gunfire and four more, including your girlfriend are injured. You finally manage to move out of the line of fire and take cover. You're group has split up, and you, your critically injured girlfriend, and three other friends of the opposite sex are with you. Everyone is scared and visibly desperate for a solution.

* This didn't happen due to earlier action.

You are carrying a Kimber SIS 1911 with a 7 round mag loaded+1 and you have 2 magazines on your side.

* That is in addition to the two AK's and two pistols that we have taken off the dead shooters.

The building you are in is a hotel, and shots are still being wildly fired. You are outnumbered 6-1 and heavily outgunned.

* Not any more, having taken out four of the shooters.

LEO's are being delayed due to a very high call volume, and will not be arriving for at least 10 minutes. 27 rounds is not enough for extended cover fire.

* After taking inventory, we have 25 rounds in one Ak and 22 in the other. That is in addition to the two shooter pistols that are fully loaded with 16 rounds each and my Kimber which still a full mag (7) rds, plus 2 additional rounds remaining on one mag.

* The two remaining shooters attempted another assault down the staris and were met with a fusillade of bullets from us stacked high and low at the bottom of the stairs.

* We are all toasted at a dinner given by the mayor in our honor.

Have fun with this, lets work up some idea's and I will throw a few twists and turns in there for you to work through. This may seem like a movie script, and it is intentional, I figured it would just be fun to work through something this complex and challenging/fun.
    ^^^Win^^^
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Hmmm, what would Jack Bauer do??????

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i was waiting for that last post
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I leave.

Depending on who in the group I'm with I'm sthupping, is amicable to being sthupped, or who has an absolutely perfect-national resource grade-rack that doesn't have the attitude to go with it, I may take her or them with me if the risk v. reward evaluation plays out right.

I don't do pistol on AK gunfights, so I leave.

Quietly. Without confrontation. Without hesitation.

I'll call FOX after I get out and give them a statement from a bar across the street.

After my "girlfriend" gets critically whacked, I would hit on her hot friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    After my "girlfriend" gets critically whacked, I would hit on her hot friends.
    This.

+1

For those that are dismissive...

This actually sounds similar to the terrorist attack in India a few years ago, when Muslim terrorists targeted Western hotels in Mumbai I think it was. Unfortunately, the result is the same- we all die since I'm unarmed in a foriegn country.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    (looks back and forth suspiciously) thats where I got the idea. wink wink.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Moderator
    I would go into a phone booth and change into my Superman outfit
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links