worst case scenario

This is a discussion on worst case scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are downtown in a large city, with your girlfriend/significant other/spouse/boyfriend/whatever. You are also in a medium to large group of 10-15 friends and you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worst case scenario

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

worst case scenario

You are downtown in a large city, with your girlfriend/significant other/spouse/boyfriend/whatever. You are also in a medium to large group of 10-15 friends and you are the only one with training in how to defend yourself. Any further references to the spouse/etc will be said as girlfriend just to make it easier for me to type. Three men are walking through the area, and they suddenly begin targeting people at will. You duck into a nearby building and attempt to hide by moving into the stairwells. You hear the sounds of gunshots coming closer and closer, and you can hear heavy boots coming down the stairwell. Three more men come running down the stairwell shooting randomly, three members of your party are killed by gunfire and four more, including your girlfriend are injured. You finally manage to move out of the line of fire and take cover. You're group has split up, and you, your critically injured girlfriend, and three other friends of the opposite sex are with you. Everyone is scared and visibly desperate for a solution. You are carrying a Kimber SIS 1911 with a 7 round mag loaded+1 and you have 2 magazines on your side. The building you are in is a hotel, and shots are still being wildly fired. You are outnumbered 6-1 and heavily outgunned. LEO's are being delayed due to a very high call volume, and will not be arriving for at least 10 minutes. 27 rounds is not enough for extended cover fire. Have fun with this, lets work up some idea's and I will throw a few twists and turns in there for you to work through. This may seem like a movie script, and it is intentional, I figured it would just be fun to work through something this complex and challenging/fun.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

I'd get on my elephant and charge the BGs.

Seriously, I like your imagination but it's so specific and complicated I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do. Sit down and cry maybe.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    I'd get on my elephant and charge the BGs.

Seriously, I like your imagination but it's so specific and complicated I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do. Sit down and cry maybe.
    LOL!

This is a pretty ridiculous scenario, if things were that bad I wouldn't venture out much. Certainly not in a large group unless they were all armed.

At any rate, I carry a .45 that's 15 + 1, so even with one spare mag, I could probably do some damage. At some point I guess I'd just start shooting. At least when they find my body, it'll be srrounded by brass.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

VIP Member
    Sit back and enjoy the show. Chuck Norris is in the lobby and will take them all out while drinking his 7-11 coffee. BTW, he doesn't spill a drop!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'd stop imagining

First, pull a Fire Alarm. Second, find a Fire Hose and arm someone with it. Third, get my coffee. Forth, Flip Em The Bird And Die Like a Viking.

You are downtown in a large city, with your girlfriend/significant other/spouse/boyfriend/whatever. You are also in a medium to large group of 10-15 friends and you are the only one with training in how to defend yourself. Any further references to the spouse/etc will be said as girlfriend just to make it easier for me to type. Three men are walking through the area, and they suddenly begin targeting people at will. You duck into a nearby building and attempt to hide by moving into the stairwells.

* The rest of the party moved into the stairwells. I remained at the entrance and killed two of the three shooters and the third retreated down the street.

You hear the sounds of gunshots coming closer and closer, and you can hear heavy boots coming down the stairwell.

* From cover of the corner at the bottom of the stairwell I shoot two of the three who fall down the stairs. The third retreats up the stairs. I recover the AK's and the handguns from the two at the bottom of the stairs. I give one of the AK's to an ex marine in the group and keep one for myself. The two handguns from the bg's I give to two of the group who are olympic pistol shooters.

Three more men come running down the stairwell shooting randomly, three members of your party are killed by gunfire and four more, including your girlfriend are injured. You finally manage to move out of the line of fire and take cover. You're group has split up, and you, your critically injured girlfriend, and three other friends of the opposite sex are with you. Everyone is scared and visibly desperate for a solution.

* This didn't happen due to earlier action.

You are carrying a Kimber SIS 1911 with a 7 round mag loaded+1 and you have 2 magazines on your side.

* That is in addition to the two AK's and two pistols that we have taken off the dead shooters.

The building you are in is a hotel, and shots are still being wildly fired. You are outnumbered 6-1 and heavily outgunned.

* Not any more, having taken out four of the shooters.

LEO's are being delayed due to a very high call volume, and will not be arriving for at least 10 minutes. 27 rounds is not enough for extended cover fire.

* After taking inventory, we have 25 rounds in one Ak and 22 in the other. That is in addition to the two shooter pistols that are fully loaded with 16 rounds each and my Kimber which still a full mag (7) rds, plus 2 additional rounds remaining on one mag.

* The two remaining shooters attempted another assault down the staris and were met with a fusillade of bullets from us stacked high and low at the bottom of the stairs.

* We are all toasted at a dinner given by the mayor in our honor.

Have fun with this, lets work up some idea's and I will throw a few twists and turns in there for you to work through. This may seem like a movie script, and it is intentional, I figured it would just be fun to work through something this complex and challenging/fun.

Sorry...after reading "Gloves" reply I've just ruined my computer by spitting tea all over the screen, had to get up and change my sweat pants cause I laughed so hard I pee pee'd, and have been thinking about googling "imagined zombie attacks in the big city" to see if I could come up with a reply to top Guantes. I'm beginning to think I MUST have something better to do, like going to bed.....nitey nite!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Look for any Zombies and immediately deal with them. ; )
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

Well One of the stated issues was maybe not having enough rounds. Maybe find cover and hope you shoot the ones with the guns. I'd take their guns and use their guns and use their ammo......depending on what type of weapon they were carrying. ( Hopefully not a Hi-Point.......jk Hi-Point owners)

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    best answer so far goes to guantes
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Someone needs a "date"

actually if you really thought about it and replied , several people Need "dates "

my sister is free !

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Someone needs a "date"

actually if you really thought about it and replied , several people Need "dates "

my sister is free !
    Is she a yeti? I'm in the poconos ;)

Whatever is says I do next on the script.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    LOL!

This is a pretty ridiculous scenario, if things were that bad I wouldn't venture out much. Certainly not in a large group unless they were all armed.

At any rate, I carry a .45 that's 15 + 1, so even with one spare mag, I could probably do some damage. At some point I guess I'd just start shooting. At least when they find my body, it'll be srrounded by brass.
    What do you carry?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links