Would you have pulled your firearm?

This is a discussion on Would you have pulled your firearm? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JAMNMIKE Me and my wife were just discussing this last week after a board member here asked if he was justified? Well ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Would you have pulled your firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMNMIKE View Post
    Me and my wife were just discussing this last week after a board member here asked if he was justified? Well I showed my wife the post and she said NO there was no justification if he did have the firearm on him. BTW she took Hansen's class so she knows about justification. Today she tells me a similar situation occurred with her . She was making a left turn as her light was green and a motorcyclist had a yield sign and went straight out and tried to beat her. Being in her blind spot she didn't see him and almost made contact but she swerved and avoided it. She then started blowing the horn at this guy and the cyclist actually forced her to slow down and stopped right in front of her car . Guy got off of his bike and started walking towards her yelling and she was fine with that exchanging loud vocal crap and she was completely fine with that... The guy then told her to bring her "BROWN SKIN" back to where she came from. (just a reminder that we are Asian Pacific Islanders) We are not "you know what" so that being said she got furious and he was still advancing towards her vehicle. when the guy was in viewing distance of what was inside the car, she then pulled her G26 from the glove and defensively displayed her firearm that was still holstered. Guy retreated back still cussing at her and went on his way. My wife is petit and not really scary looking hence the CCW training part. She just said If I was there I would have beaten the guy up? Geez. WTH? she doesn't think I have self control? JK I don't know what I would have done? If someone pulled the RACE card on me? Well .. . Happy Thursday!
    I was not there and can't say unless I actually saw the whole thing whether or not she was justified in her actions. Her being female and of smaller structure and the circumstances minus her own anger could she have been in danger of serious bodily harm? Absolutely. Would a jury look at the fact "well if she was so scared why did she leave the safety of a closed up and locked car in the first place" it might not have turned out good for her in court. I would say don't even gamble either way. Not with her life or health or her pending freedom being left up to a jury or judge. The best course? Tell her next time, no matter how upset or mad or scared she gets. Stay in that car, lock all the doors and windows get her glock and hold it so she can use it if a thug should successfully break in her car then use her cell to call 911. Any reasonable person who starts approaching a woman in a car no matter what the circumstances or how mad they are if they see the woman sitting there on her phone with her gun in her hand in a locked car will stop and leave. If the thug crosses the line and breaks in look at the circumstances if she did what I suggested. Then she had no choice. As for the race card being justification to clear leather, no. sticks and stones brother. If you carry or anyone does they have to have the mental maturity and control to back off and make themselves the "reasonable" one in chaotic situations otherwise they probably should consider not carrying at all.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

2. Remove Ads

I think that I really felt threatened by the man approaching me in my car, to the point of a deadly threat...I would prefer to run over his motorcycle to escape rather than draw and fire. However in that case, it's even more likely I'd be the one penalized for destroying his property and...if I dont call 911 immediately, leaving the scene of an accident.

This is only if I had been completely blocked from driving away. If I could have backed up and/or gone around, I'd have been gone.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Well then you did the right thing by staying in the car. Most states allow you to leave the scene of an accident under reasonable situations as you described. Drive away then pull over right away and call 911 and tell the dispatcher exactly what happened and why you drove away. No way would you be charged and if you were you would beat that "traffic offense" in court. I misread the original post and thought for some reason the female involved got out of the car full well knowing of the road rage incident unfolding. Sounds like it worked out though.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links