Another Road Rage Thread

This is a discussion on Another Road Rage Thread within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's mature....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another Road Rage Thread

That's mature.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

2. Remove Ads

if you're already speeding and disobeying the law why not just pass on the right? :)

Quote Originally Posted by TNTnerve View Post
    A "courtesy-blink"? Are you serious? I'm not sure what is so courteous about someone blinking their lights in my rear view mirror in the middle of the night when I'm already going above the posted speed limit.

To the OP: you indicate that not only did you blink your lights but you were tailgating him. What did you expect to happen? Obviously his reaction was extreme, but you sound like the kind of driver that regularly puts people in danger with the kind of behavior you are talking about. You seriously need to rethink how you drive. As far as I'm concerned you were both equally at fault with this one.
    Perhaps you need to "re-think" your reading comprehension. I never said I was tailgating him. I did say I was too close for games. At highway speeds I consider anything less that 7-9 car lengths too close for anything. You obviously spend zero time on interstates. A quick blink is an accepted methid to remind someone they are in the wrong lane. I do it regularly, it is done to me regularly. It happens millions of times a day. I happens to me quite often and I have never seen someone slam on the brakes and get of of a car in the middle of the interstate. My response to some give me a blink is to is to say to myself "you're a dumb-you know what" and move over to the travel lane out of the passing lane because everyone is guilty of doing it absent-mindedly.
    Yocan

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    I can't stand the weekend warriors who have no idea how to drive on an interstate highway
    Ironic, considering you are probably breaking the interstate speed limits
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

A "courtesy-blink"? Are you serious?
    Deadly serious. Out on the open road, lights are communication. You blink for truckers to let them know it's safe to move into your lane. You blink to oncoming drivers to warn them of a speed trap ahead. A quick blink of the lights is one of the only ways you can communicate with other drivers, beyond your brake lights and turn signals (and raised middle finger, natch).

Go back to what I said. "A brief courtesy blink." That means one, no more than two quick flashes. The idea is that the guy in front isn't paying attention and has no idea you are behind and trying to overtake. The blink should register in his rearview and awaken him from his semi-hypnotic freeway coma. Then he thinks, "oh my goodness, there's someone behind me. I shall now endeavor to move over and let him go by."

We clear on that? Good. Because that's really different from some clown flying up on your bumper (and this will usually be some jackass in a BMW) and from a foot or two behind starts pounding on on the light switch, ****-****-****-****-****-****-****-****.... etc. That kinda bozo makes you want to slow down and screw him up.

We also see this kind of thing with the act of overtaking itself. If I pass you on the freeway, I will be acutely aware that you need a car length between you and the vehicle in front for every 10 mph of speed. So if we're doing 70, and I pass you, I will not move in front of you until there's at least 7 car lengths or so ahead of you open. And when I do that, you won't get upset, like you would if I swung right in front of you as soon as I'm ahead - ipso facto making you tailgate me. That maneuver really gets my hair on fire. As with the light-blinking deal, it's not just what you do, but how you do it that's important.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by yoyomeng View Post
    if you're already speeding and disobeying the law why not just pass on the right? :)
    I guess you did not read the OP either. Have you ever traveled between Jax and Tally on I-10? When I am driving 78 mph down that stretch of 10 I stay in the travel(left) lane because most traffic is cruising well above 78 mph. I am one of the slow drivers there. Shhhhhhh, your ignorance is showing.
    Yocan

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Ironic, considering you are probably breaking the interstate speed limits
    Ironic indeed considering the fact that at 78 mph I am one of the slower 50% of cars on the road.
    Yocan

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    florida traffic normall clips along well above the speed limit and if youre not 10 over at least in a center of left lane youre lucky not to get run over or pushed off the road...along with it some of the worst driving youve seen....

flashing lights are an accepted signal that someone wants to pass...i dont use it myself but have responded to it multiple times...i'm not going to argue with a guy who is in a hurry and i like having a faster car than mine up ahead collecting flashing lights for me....

if a vehicle is in the left lane overtaking other traffic and going the speed limit i have no quarrel with them...they are allowed to pass on the left also...we do have a large population of people here who use the left lane for cruising to avoid the incoming and outgoing traffic at interchanges and it can get in the way of a smooth trip...i once followed a truck with "left lane fast/right lane slow" in its back window travelling 5 mph below the limit in the left lane while everyone was forced to pass him on the right because he apparently couldnt read his own sign...it can be frustrating...

the pickup driver was way out of line stopping in traffic to pick a fight...and i'm guessing if he would take the time to stop he wasnt in much of a hurry....i dont think it was a very lever response to the op's flash and showed more aggression than the op asking him to move over...but nothing surpirses me here...

if nothing else he should have been reported to the highway patrol...

I guess you did not read the OP either. Have you ever traveled between Jax and Tally on I-10? When I am driving 78 mph down that stretch of 10 I stay in the travel(left) lane because most traffic is cruising well above 78 mph. I am one of the slow drivers there. Shhhhhhh, your ignorance is showing.
    Settle down dude. I understand you're not driving as fast as some others but you stated you're coming up on slow people in the fast lane.

Just pass them on the right, that way you don't have to worry about crazies going off from something totally harmless ... kind of like my comment. But we see how people react to harmless things.

I try to do things that keep others off my back therefor my comment directed to those going faster than the speed limit. You're already breaking the law by speeding, why not just get in the right lane, go around them, and hop back in the left and avoid possible confrontation, it's easy and JMO.

Ironic indeed considering the fact that at 78 mph I am one of the slower 50% of cars on the road.
    Oh so its okay you are breaking the law, just that you are breaking ti a little less ;) gotcha
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

we think the same here ctsketch

Okay I stopped right here, because I CANNOT stand people who do this. If I am in the fast lane, and passing traffic (going over the limit or not) what gives you the right to dictate what speed I drive or who belongs in that lane. So if someone comes behind you going 80 and flashes you does that mean you are going too slow and you don't have the right to be in that lane? so now my choice is to either stay in the lane with you tailgating and flashing me, or move one lane over and go 20 MPH slower.

you're the one who started this confrontation btw.
    Just move over and let the faster traffic thru Gramps!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyomeng View Post
    Settle down dude. I understand you're not driving as fast as some others but you stated you're coming up on slow people in the fast lane.

Just pass them on the right, that way you don't have to worry about crazies going off from something totally harmless ... kind of like my comment. But we see how people react to harmless things.

I try to do things that keep others off my back therefor my comment directed to those going faster than the speed limit. You're already breaking the law by speeding, why not just get in the right lane, go around them, and hop back in the left and avoid possible confrontation, it's easy and JMO.

Because as I stated in my OP, there was traffic in the right lanes going the exact same spped as the truck in the left lane. If passing on the right had been a possibility, I would have long since passed the guy.
    Yocan

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    It is called a speed limit for a reason. Too many people push and shove in traffic. No wonder road rage is so common in our country.
    Yet another left land bandit. Move over!!!

Oh so its okay you are breaking the law, just that you are breaking ti a little less ;) gotcha
    Ummmm, because it's dangerous to travel at a speed considerably slower the the predominate flow of traffic? Yea, that's it. If you travel at 70 mph on I-10 in certain areas, I-75 for most of Florida and on much of I-95 you stand I real good chance of being rear-ended by an inattentive driver. You are far safer maintaining a speed the is close to or matching the flow of traffic.
    Yocan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links