Wife's Coworker Robbed @ Gunpoint

This is a discussion on Wife's Coworker Robbed @ Gunpoint within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tkruf Hmm.. might be a good idea to separate the house key from the car key. Keep the house key on your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife's Coworker Robbed @ Gunpoint

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Hmm.. might be a good idea to separate the house key from the car key. Keep the house key on your person from now on. Someone steals your purse or whatever they don't get your house key.

Who needs keyless ignition when you can start my truck with a screwdriver....oh nevermind. lol
    But yes I have always found it extremely CONVENIENT to keep my truck and house keys separated. Now I'm seeing that this seems safer than keeping them together. How nice!

She needs to have the car's ignition changed as well, if you haven't already. Somebody swiped my sister's keys, with house keys and the keys to the Yukon. Changed the house locks and had the truck reprogrammed pretty quickly. Guys came back, got in the car door but couldn't start the ingition thanks to the computer chips being reprogrammed!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Had to wait for a locksmith? True Value Ace WalMart KMart Lowes and Home Depot as well as a few others sell replacement sets. In stock for your shopping convenience. If you don't know how to install them call a friend.

I slipped out the back bedroom door and gate and went to my neighbors. As I headed back to the house, a black small SUV drove past me going very fast.

Slip out the back then go back. Call 911 and wait at the neighbors? This sounds like an internet hoax. If it wasn't being related as the OP's coworker's wife I'd be very suspicious.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

I slipped out the back bedroom door and gate and went to my neighbors. As I headed back to the house, a black small SUV drove past me going very fast.

Slip out the back then go back. Call 911 and wait at the neighbors? This sounds like an internet hoax. If it wasn't being related as the OP's coworker's wife I'd be very suspicious.
    +1 one maybe I read the op wrong but a few things dont add up
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Stunning what people will do when scared. Always have a plan. Was her home phone not working? No cell phone in the bedroom? Why leave the safety of your panic room to go outside? You could easily have encountered the robbers slipping around the back of the house, surprised them, and been attacked and/or killed.

The way it's written up, sounds like she was sporting some bling: fancy car and lots of jewelry. I gather that from her statement about a keyless car (only on fancy, late-model cars), and living in a gated home, etc. The crooks now had her keys and her address, and knew about her financial status. They wanted to come rob her home, now.

I will never say she deserved to robbed for being wealthy, but that's one of the reasons I drive an older, plain car, don't sport fancy watches or jewelry, and keep a low profile.Remember that scene in American Gangster when the main character (I am bad with the names of actors) keeps a low profile and amasses all this wealth selling drugs? His new wife buys him a pimpin' $50K chinchilla coat and hat, and all of a sudden he gets the notice of the police. It shows him burning the coat in the fireplace. I found that scene compelling.
    ^^^^^^^YEP^^^^

I never ever dress like I'm on my way to the Grammy's. I don't understand people who do. I know its a free country and you should be able to do as you please , as long as you don't infringe on anyone else, BUT, in this day and age, Thugs just do not give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    An hour and a half response time on an armed robbery j/o seems outrageous, especially after one nearby that resulted in a murder.
    ^^^^^
    They probably figured , what the hey, no one injured,no shots fired, BG got away, why hurry??

'Because that's all the ammunition we had.'
    Polk Co. Fla. Sheriff Grady Judd
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    +1 one maybe I read the op wrong but a few things dont add up
    You're assuming that after this stressful situation, she remembers the order of events and details correctly. Most people don't. That's the reason why police can get five different stories from five different eye witnesses to an event.

It's quite possible that she ran out the back to go to her neighbor's house (I'm leaving that one alone ), and that's when she saw the SUV speed away. Later when writing her email explaining the events to her friends, she got the timing mixed up.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Glad the girl is OK. I frequent the part of town where the robbery occured - not the nicest area of houston - just a lot of traffic, people, and plenty of quick escape routes.

I do have to wonder if the thugs knew that there weren't any cameras @ the gas station??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links