Another Purse Snatcher Scenario

This is a discussion on Another Purse Snatcher Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My girlfriend is wanting to get her license at some point. I have a feeling purse carry will be her best option really. She's very ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Purse Snatcher Scenario

My girlfriend is wanting to get her license at some point. I have a feeling purse carry will be her best option really. She's very petite and would have trouble concealing anything but the smallest of guns on her body. Off-body carry will probably be how she does it. Off-body carry isn't ideal, but there are times when it's the best option.

Unless Oklahoma passes an open-carry law like they tried to last session. It got close. here's hoping!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My girlfriend is wanting to get her license at some point. I have a feeling purse carry will be her best option really. She's very petite and would have trouble concealing anything but the smallest of guns on her body. Off-body carry will probably be how she does it. Off-body carry isn't ideal, but there are times when it's the best option.

Unless Oklahoma passes an open-carry law like they tried to last session. It got close. here's hoping!
    There is alot more to purse carry than we normally read on this site (not surprisingly, since it's mostl y men ) Cornered Cat is an excellent resource.

Thru trial and error (and $$$), I've learned a few things about purse carry. OTOH, there is still more to learn as I have never had to use them in RL. That is why when I post about purse carry here, i am always open to criticism and suggestions, pointing out holes, etc.

One thing I've learned that I havent read anywhere, is that to me, cross-shoulder purse carry seems most useful. Alot of marketing pics show strong shoulder carry. My (home practice) experience shows that the purse hanging off your strong hand shoulder affects your arm and aiming. If you are moving (as you probably should be), it can also slip down off your shoulder, onto your arm. Esp while drawing and raising your arm.

Purse carry/draw, just like holster carry/draw, is something that must be practiced and practiced too, to see what works and what doesnt.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i'm all for a woman wearing snug fitting clothes and looking good but i dont see a problem with loose fitting lightweight overshirts from a looks or fashion standpoint....another option is a fashionable vest like many women wear(i'm not talking concealment or photgraphers vests)...all are more than capable of concealing a reasonably sized firearm....sometimes you just have to dress around your edc...we do it...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i'm all for a woman wearing snug fitting clothes and looking good but i dont see a problem with loose fitting lightweight overshirts from a looks or fashion standpoint....another option is a fashionable vest like many women wear(i'm not talking concealment or photgraphers vests)...all are more than capable of concealing a reasonably sized firearm....sometimes you just have to dress around your edc...we do it...
    Just an FYI, 'vests' are also the preferred wear of lesbians. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Seriously tho, that is not necessarily the message that other women want to portray.

Flame away if you must, it's just a general comment. If I want to wear a vest, I do, no worries about other people's ideas. But I wouldnt want to make a habit of it either way.

I live in blue jeans...and unless I dress 'sloppily', holster carry doesnt reasonably nor comfortably work.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I already knew about Cornered Cat 9mm and have told her about it before, but thanks for your input!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links